Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Lincoln City

If things dont go to plan next Saturday it could turn nasty on and off the pitch. Season ticket renewals at the worst time possible , couldnt make it up. Never needed a win somehow, so badly for a long time. Need to get Bossie on from the start , I presume he wasn't fully fit today, but who knows, what has Payne done wrong not to get a game amongst that lot. Sorry but MA does not fill me with confidence that things will change anytime soon.

Got the wrong side of the result, but a much more battling performance from the squad and signs that the newbies are beginning to settle. Some of the signings are really showing their promise now: we need to remember that the squad changed drastically in the window and we've had injuries keeping the cooler heads with more experience on the sidelines.

Missed Morrell today, could have done with his brand of midfield drive.

Feeling pretty glum right now but we need to keep backing MApp and the squad as the season runs down. Still in L1 after all!

UTI.

This has become a recurring theme for me. Watching Hesketh run around like a blue arsed fly but not influencing the game at all... He needs to be dropped for a few games. I know it's not fair to single out one player, but he hasn't been up to par for a good four or five games in a row. After today's showing it would be great to see Scully given the chance to play 90 in the 10 role.
Or like others have said give Payne another chance - he must be desperate to get on the pitch and 'prove himself' to MA and us all!

The first chink of doubt I've had about MA. Unprofessional for me. Put it down to frustration but the place for that kind of talk is in the dressing room not in public.

I get that, but perhaps he has mentioned it previously in the dressing room. It sounded as though his patience has run out.

A conservative estimate 🙈

Was going to press 'like' but I dont like seeing the current situation, especially as a lot of 'supporters' will vote with their feet. I hate seeing all the good work over the past few years at SB undone, nobody has the right for continual success, but it does not sound a happy camp at the moment, and today will not help. Many of the natives are restless, roll on next Saturday !

This has become a recurring theme for me. Watching Hesketh run around like a blue arsed fly but not influencing the game at all... He needs to be dropped for a few games. I know it's not fair to single out one player, but he hasn't been up to par for a good four or five games in a row. After today's showing it would be great to see Scully given the chance to play 90 in the 10 role.
Or like others have said give Payne another chance - he must be desperate to get on the pitch and 'prove himself' to MA and us all!
Like you I am sure Payne would love to get on the pitch to prove himself. But if he is not selected what chance has he got