CITY BAN Manchester City banned from Champions League for two years and hit with £25m fine by Uefa | Page 2 | Vital Football

CITY BAN Manchester City banned from Champions League for two years and hit with £25m fine by Uefa

My major concern is the likes of Madrid poaching our top players in the fall out from this. Even if we win our appeal or get the sentence reduced much mud will stick.

My major concern is the likes of Madrid poaching our top players in the fall out from this. Even if we win our appeal or get the sentence reduced much mud will stick.
We will survive, and hopefully, this will be the beginning of the end for those disingenuous wastes of skin.

Let the gloating begin. Hacks and media types giddy with excitement.

My only advice is bone up on the circumstances to shut down any f*ckwit you encounter who claims to see this as ‘justice’ and will be gobbing of that ‘City got what they deserve’ when they know nothing of the details.

Oh ......and a two year ban? Strangely coincidental that this straddles the period where Guardiola’s contract ends? 🤔 Clearly imo planned to cause maximum disruption by UEFA and their cohort of Super Fan clubs.

Oh ......and a two year ban? Strangely coincidental that this straddles the period where Guardiola’s contract ends? 🤔 Clearly imo planned to cause maximum disruption by UEFA and their cohort of Super Fan clubs.
Yes that fact occurred to me too.
Even if, (while we go through the Courts), the ban is suspended, no-one will want to come to us because of the uncertainty, both of Pep’s position and our CL participation.

The Voice of reason Martin Samuel, thinks it will be a quick appeal or City may seek an injunction until the appeal ruling has been made.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...acket-payback-clubs-hate-Manchester-City.html

I think martin has it spot on a one year ban would surely be overturned but a two year ban is most likely to be halved, however, City will not be happy unless they are exonerated from any wrongdoing.

I can hear the boos now.

As always a cogent and balanced assessment. He does have it spot on - the objective is being achieved and the timing could not be more suspect. The ban covers the period when the coach's contact is due to end, when the rebuilding after Company, Silva and, probably, Aguero need replacing. This is the long game the European elite were banking on, plotting for, briefing about - creating "reputational drag" to make the club less attractive to players, coaches, investors and sponsors, to drive down revenue and make Manchester City less competitive.

And less of a threat.

To anyone from a small or medium sized club that is smugly feeling self satisfied and happy about this outcome I would say this.... you are celebrating the end of any dreams you may have of ever reaching the top of football. They won't let you. These rules aren't there to help you....they exist to help them and dissuade anyone from investing and funding success. Debt free but we are pariahs. Loaded with millions of £ of leveraged loans? No fucking problem.

Happy now?

Sad

Rags and dippers want our title stripped now

Cheap way to win the title.

The feeding frenzy and glee are hard to explain. The joy with which this situation is being received is amongst the most dispiriting aspects. 😟

We are going to have to develop thick skins guys as I fear it is only going to get worse before it gets better. Just as clubs with zero association to Raheem Sterling opted into the "Boo him just because......:shrug:", I reckon we can expect something similar niw from everyone. Egged on by the rags and dippers the media will keep sticking the boot in. Mana from heaven for them :shake:

Last edited:
So if club is banned for next two season does it mean even if we pip Liverpool for title next year still we have to sit out?

David Conn, a City fan, has his say.......

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...pect-uefa-misinformation-sweeping-allegations

I have to say that I find him especially irritating. His book - “Richer than God” - written in 2012 is in part a story of his fondness for the club but also chronicles the arrival of Sheik Mansour and the subsequent transformation of MCFC. I have yet to finish it but so far my impression is that he longs for the days of yore when he watched City from the dilapidated Kippax and players were ‘real men’ and as such is disappointed that the club has enjoyed success. His ‘nostalgia-tinted glasses’ approach lead me to the belief that he would rather see us struggling to survive in League One.

He may yet get his wish.