Surely dead man walking | Page 82 | Vital Football

Surely dead man walking

This thread needs a new title...no long 'Dead man Walking'....needs to renamed 'The Miracle Man Walking' cos how the fuck he hasn't been sacked is totally baffling. He is so far out of his depth its cringeworthy, tactically inept, unwanted by the fans & contributes nothing whatsoever onto the players from pitch side except constantly snipe at the 4th official. Now do the right thing Mr Cook & fuck right off out of our club.

He started with his amateurish bickering long before the ref made the mistake of not sending their mon off. Other than that Dunkley gave the foul away that brought about the equaliser.
We just should be putting shite like boro out of site before they score. That equaliser should have been a cosolation goal if we had the guille to create and put away chances but while he persists with one up top we wont do that. Its failed us yet again.

Here are Slaven Bilic’s comments after WBA beat Reading 2-1 last night.
You have to be good tactically, you have to be good technically, you have to be good individually. You have to be strong, you have to manage the games.

i guess that sums up why we are struggling so much and why we are so far behind WBA.

Here are Slaven Bilic’s comments after WBA beat Reading 2-1 last night.
You have to be good tactically, you have to be good technically, you have to be good individually. You have to be strong, you have to manage the games.

i guess that sums up why we are struggling so much and why we are so far behind WBA.

Granted his job is easier as they have better players, but any half decent manager at this level could have kept our squad up.

My thots to MiW....but afraid nothings going to change n we're stuck with OC & the scouse mafia.
#cookout

Then why not get behind the manager and team and support them until the season ends. We can have the discussion about a replacement at that point and will probably get more response. In the meantime the show of strength and solidarity from the fans might get us across the line and save the season.

Then why not get behind the manager and team and support them until the season ends. We can have the discussion about a replacement at that point and will probably get more response. In the meantime the show of strength and solidarity from the fans might get us across the line and save the season.

At any other club in the country he’d have been long sacked. We should be proactive, not reactive.

At any other club in the country he’d have been long sacked. We should be proactive, not reactive.
I don't disagree with your first statement.

However, for whatever (inexplicable maybe) reason, he hasn't been.

So. What should we do? Keep on whinging? Stamp our feet until we get our way? (From the state of the pitch the last two games, it looked like someone's been doing a "dirty protest", but with litter !). Or .....just get on with it.

There's still a chance we will stay up. Why on earth wouldn't we believe we will?

How can we get behind a manager who tells us we as fans need to be realistic in our expectations, who in a round about way tells us we are not that great, a manager who constantly bigs up the opposition, a manager who continues to put square pegs in round holes & a manager who is totally out of his depth in this division whilst constantly harranging (sic) the 4th official......so what your saying is just put it all aside n get behind this fraud of a manager & board who are quite simply edging us towards league 1 in the vain hope he may turn it around.....a big feckin ask if you ask me......#cookout

I understand fans not getting behind the manager anymore.Whether we like it or not though,Cook is going nowhere till at least the end of the season.I go to every game with the intention of supporting the players.I think they need our support at matches more than ever to help us try and stay up,which will be tough.Obviously it works both ways and the players need to give fans something to get behind.

Because Paul Cook is still the manager. Case closed.
I left an open goal there, didn't I.

It would be interesting to see the posts from this time last season. I'm sure some were equally as convinced of our doom back then.

The man is now bringing the club into disrepute

Wigan Athletic boss Paul Cook has been charged with two counts of improper conduct by the Football Association.
Cook is alleged to have used abusive and/or insulting language towards the referee in the tunnel after Tuesday's 2-2 draw with Middlesbrough.
It is also alleged his language and/or behaviour in the match official's room after the game amounted to improper conduct.
Cook has until Tuesday, 18 February to respond to the charges

The man is now bringing the club into disrepute

Wigan Athletic boss Paul Cook has been charged with two counts of improper conduct by the Football Association.
Cook is alleged to have used abusive and/or insulting language towards the referee in the tunnel after Tuesday's 2-2 draw with Middlesbrough.
It is also alleged his language and/or behaviour in the match official's room after the game amounted to improper conduct.
Cook has until Tuesday, 18 February to respond to the charges

The charge is against Cook, not the club. Please explain how this brings the club into disrepute.

He is not the only manager to have been charged by the FA for his behaviour and he wont be the last.

By the way, could you please tell us what your thoughts of the ref were and what comment you would have made to him if you had the opportunity.

How can we get behind a manager who tells us we as fans need to be realistic in our expectations, who in a round about way tells us we are not that great, a manager who constantly bigs up the opposition, a manager who continues to put square pegs in round holes & a manager who is totally out of his depth in this division whilst constantly harranging (sic) the 4th official......so what your saying is just put it all aside n get behind this fraud of a manager & board who are quite simply edging us towards league 1 in the vain hope he may turn it around.....a big feckin ask if you ask me......#cookout

Jock, I'm not asking you to like Cook or even agree with what he does, I am merely asking that we stop the constant over the top criticism, at least in public view, and give the appearance of a united front.

As you yourself have said it looks as though the board have decided to stick and no amount of comment from us will change that, but positive support for the team might save us from the drop. I understand and agree with the frustrations but see nothing to gain from pursuing them other than to create a negative atmosphere around the stadium and on social media.

If you cant say anything good about the manager, then why not concentrate your efforts on extra support for the players, who I personally think have shown they are up for the fight and leave the negative comments for another day.

(I also understand if you think I am talking bollox and want to ignore my comments as it has been a long hard season so far).

The charge is against Cook, not the club. Please explain how this brings the club into disrepute.

He is not the only manager to have been charged by the FA for his behaviour and he wont be the last.

By the way, could you please tell us what your thoughts of the ref were and what comment you would have made to him if you had the opportunity.

I disagree TB, the managers actions/behaviour reflect on the club. As you know I have zero confidence in his abilities and his behaviour toward officials is very poor. The man was bollocked after 5 minutes in the Sheff Wed game when literally nothing had occurred for example and I think has been booked ten times now. It’s little wonder they take no notice of him as his reactions are disproportionate.

However on this occasion I can understand his reaction and they were proportionate as the referee was staggeringly incompetent - the non red card on Moore for example is one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen. He negatively affected the outcome of the game and as such I understand why he expressed his thoughts to this bloke on this occasion. Personally he should have been more explicit in his post match press conference. I’ll also say respect between officials and clubs should work both ways and I’ve yet to see any form of apology by this referee or his professional body for such an appalling display.

TRUE BELIEVER

Don't be naive, Cook is a high ranking employee of Wigan Athletic and as such his behaviour reflects on the clubs image. Could you ever see Roberto acting in such an unprofessional manner.
As for the ref Apart from not sending the guy off he was only as bad as most of the refs weve had, Dunkley's decision could have gone either way. I saw the game and that's the way I saw it. How can you possibly keep defending Cook no one wanted him more than me but he has proved to be a disaster in the Championship.