Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 390 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Judging by the comments, both! 😂

Don't you find it even a little depressing? I've no sympathy for Javid, as he should have done this when Cummings sacked his (Javid's) personal advisor a few weeks ago, but the sacking of Julian Smith, after an excellent record in NI is shameful.

On both sides of the pond, it appears that the top just want to staff positions based on loyalty rather than competence. ......... no dissension allowed.

Sad. Very sad. Until of course, it all comes tumbling down.

Don't you find it even a little depressing?

No.

The future trade negotiations with the EU are ongoing. It’s important there is alignment of intent and unity between government departments to make it work. There are now brexiteers in the four main offices of state and I’m sure you recognise the benefit of that.

.........There are now brexiteers in the four main offices of state and I’m sure you recognise the benefit of that.

I recognise that Raab (and maybe others too) has already started to lay the blame at the EU's door for stuff the Leave campaign (and Johnson in particular - I'll forgive Raab, as he never understood it !) said would never happen.

Its why Smith was sacked from NI. He was telling the truth.

If anyone was in any doubt. It’s becoming increasingly clear this government intends to deliver on its promises. We will see the kind of radical politics last seen in the 80’s. Only adapted to the 2020’s.

Spending is going to shoot up. Both on public services and major infrastructure projects. High growth will be the target. A major crackdown on Law & Order, Immigration, reform of the Courts. No doubt the BBC license fee is also due for the chop.

They need a slimmed down government speaking with one voice.

I recognise that Raab (and maybe others too) has already started to lay the blame at the EU's door for stuff the Leave campaign (and Johnson in particular - I'll forgive Raab, as he never understood it !) said would never happen.

Its why Smith was sacked from NI. He was telling the truth.

The beauty of such a healthy majority means he no longer has to dance to the tune of the those seeking to hamstring the government. And with labour intent on doing their best not to be elected anytime in the near future he should be PM for nigh on a decade.

The beauty of such a healthy majority means he no longer has to dance to the tune of the those seeking to hamstring the government. And with labour intent on doing their best not to be elected anytime in the near future he should be PM for nigh on a decade.

All things being equal, I'd probably agree with you ........... but the fact that Johnson is an incompetent, egotistical, ignorant, arrogant, lying fuckwit probably mean that he'll only get through a fraction of that 10 years.

A tenner says he's out by end of 2021.......... for any of a number of reasons.

All things being equal, I'd probably agree with you ........... but the fact that Johnson is an incompetent, egotistical, ignorant, arrogant, lying fuckwit probably mean that he'll only get through a fraction of that 10 years.

I'll take u up on the tenner bet....proceeds to Joesphs goal!!!!
I might even copy n paste your bet / challenge on all media outlets 😉😂

Ah well HindleyM, no reply to either of us from Mr Moonay....probably just surfacing after a night on the Red Wine n now too busy mopping up spilt wine to acknowledge our bet...🍷🍷🤔😂

No response? I liked both your posts ages ago.

Of course both bets are taken....... and for a good cause too. (I'm glad you didn't suggest we do the bloody walk to Barnsley though !).

If nowt else, it'll be a reason to keep this thread going .......... just to keep track of all his misdemeanours and cock-ups.
;)

Of course both bets are taken....... and for a good cause too. (I'm glad you didn't suggest we do the bloody walk to Barnsley though !).

If nowt else, it'll be a reason to keep this thread going .......... just to keep track of all his misdemeanours and cock-ups.
;)

Just seen ur above reply after sending u one on the other thread....good job u didn't have any more red wine last neet (😋) otherwise we mite have been getting our hiking boots dusted off for a long walk 😉

As you’ve laid it down I guess I’ll need to take you up on that as well.

It’s funny how many folk say Boris will never do this that or the other. Yet he constantly proves them wrong and still they come back doubting him. Fear not Moonay, Dominic has this all under control 😉

;)

Let's hope you display higher morals than that shitehawk from Nottingham who still hasn't coughed up on his lost wager a few years back. Reds under the bed springs to mind.

If anyone was in any doubt. It’s becoming increasingly clear this government intends to deliver on its promises. We will see the kind of radical politics last seen in the 80’s. Only adapted to the 2020’s.

Spending is going to shoot up. Both on public services and major infrastructure projects. High growth will be the target. A major crackdown on Law & Order, Immigration, reform of the Courts. No doubt the BBC license fee is also due for the chop.

They need a slimmed down government speaking with one voice.

You are right
However, the Tory manifesto was very policy lite, about 12 months of promises in it. It was written that way so that there was a focus on 'get brexit done'.

Radical policies from the 80s, what was radical about the policies of the 80s?

Spending going up.
Heavens it sounds a bit reflationary, almost what Corbyn and McDonald were promising. So you are happy with this when presented by a man in a blue suit?

Can't see MiW being happy with all this spending, last time this was discussed he seemed to deny the multiplier effect, although it could have been the poor way he presented his argument.

A major crack down on Law and Order? Do we need any more laws? What is missing, or do you mean capital punishment?

Immigration again what do we need? Gun boats in the channel, a wall in the English Channel?

Reform the Courts, again what do you mean? Should the Judiciary not be independent? Do you want a political Judiciary, just like in the USA?

Reet. That's the 3 of you at £10 each.

As for our mate the blonde haired (ex) 5yr old born overseas (bloody hell Corbyn, you're going , yet only now do you start to land a few body blows !), did you see Andrew Neil's introduction to his programme the other night? Brutal.

Andrew Neil nailed him

What about, he spends like crazy, lots of Boris projects and then he gets out before inflation kicks in and he bankrupts the country.

Or is it only Corbyn and McDonald who would bankrupt the country according to folk on here.

Reet. That's the 3 of you at £10 each.

As for our mate the blonde haired (ex) 5yr old born overseas (bloody hell Corbyn, you're going , yet only now do you start to land a few body blows !), did you see Andrew Neil's introduction to his programme the other night? Brutal.

For what it’s worth, I’m a fan of infrastructure improvements- sadly there aren’t enough. However I’m not sold on HS2, though concede the argument it’s already cost billions so why pull out now has some validity. Time taken to travel to London via train isn’t a major concern so to spend this amount to shave a small amount of that off isn’t value for money in my opinion. Undoubtedly the rail network is in great need of improvement/extending and that money (which will still come in vastly over the latest estimate) could have been used to do that. Likewise there is a desperate need for more motorways and improved road networks.

Cross rail is complex engineering project, though will be very beneficial when complete. Boris hasn’t been Mayor for sometime so perhaps Khan needs to shoulder the blame for unnecessary delay. As for his garden bridge - don’t environmentalists say we need more greenary?!

Water cannons are used all the world - except in this lily livered country. Hopefully they can get to work on giving police powers to use these where necessary, (though we’ve obviously flogged the ones he bought).

Cable cars, what can I say. Only really needed due to lack of alternate transportation or geographic constraints. Predominantly used as tourist attractions too. Ngong Ping in Hong Kong to Lantau and one in Singapore linking it to Sentosa Island are excellent examples I have been on relatively recently and their location major them viable. The one in London should have been a big tourist attraction but has been badly located in my view.

Oh and the bbc wonder why they are about to be reformed...