The player who left thread | Page 176 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

ole just seems to want to sign players that have played well against then just is by far our best player but thats because the players around him are average and makes him look better that he really is and im not saying he isnt all that
but he isnt going to turn utd into a force again and if they tried sticking with there own youth players instead of replacing them with multi million pound donkeys they may too have a grealish already at there club
and if they think jack would come on the cheap id hope there mistaken
club captain .best player. villa fan.4 years to run on his contract and all there care and time we have put in from the age of 6 all must count for a massive price tag id ask for north of £100 million +add on's

"Good Shape Whilst He's Injured" - Villa Star Roasts Colleague With Cheeky Photoshop
With a reasonable January transfer window behind us and all important strikers added to our options, Aston Villa didn’t go into the pointless ‘Winter Break’ with much else to shout about following defeat to Bournemouth at the beginning of the month but the players should be recharged for the battles ahead and most eyes are already on the weekend’s clash at Villa Park with Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur side.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...-star-roasts-colleague-with-cheeky-photoshop/

Obvious ambitions like captaining his Beloved Villa in the Premier League winning trophies and Playing for England, he could achieve all those this season . With his and our club

Maybe I'm getting old and cynical but I think his number 1 priority towards Villa is making sure he leaves on good terms. Staying until the end of the season and rolling out the loyalty pr will ensure that happens. I do find it bizarre that people think he will stay simply because he supports Villa. We can't pay top wages or offer him "trophies". That's all these players care about these days.

I'm not so sure that's the case with our Jack, his dad is a football fan who no doubt has schooled him on traditions and he will have an ambition to play on the world stage for England & pick up honours at club level. He's unlikely to get the latter with us but may get the former if we stay up and Purslow can present a recruitment strategy that measures up.

Maybe I'm getting old and cynical but I think his number 1 priority towards Villa is making sure he leaves on good terms. Staying until the end of the season and rolling out the loyalty pr will ensure that happens. I do find it bizarre that people think he will stay simply because he supports Villa. We can't pay top wages or offer him "trophies". That's all these players care about these days.

Think you're doing Villa an injustice. There are sound football reasons for him staying. We have very ambitions owners who seem committed to the club and have the money to back that. The club is on the up (if we don't go down!). We will see investment in the squad. If Jack can see that the future is bright for the club, and for his own position within it, he'll probably think very carefully before throwing it away. In that case I reckon it would take a very convincing approach from a top club to tempt him.

Not everyone is motivated by money, Jack is already set up for the rest of his life.

I guess we see it as the exact opposites,

there is nobody on earth more cynical than me

I'm not so sure that's the case with our Jack, his dad is a football fan who no doubt has schooled him on traditions and he will have an ambition to play on the world stage for England & pick up honours at club level. He's unlikely to get the latter with us but may get the former if we stay up and Purslow can present a recruitment strategy that measures up.

Allegedly if it was up to his Dad Jack wouldn't even be here right now, he was so desperate for Jack to sign for Chelsea, all his Dad cares about is money and if Jack does go you can bet the twat would have been in his ear.

Last edited:
SSV - for your own sake legally you might want to qualify and prove that statement - or remove it.

What a twat down the pub says isn't proof (Chelsea didn't have an interest).

SSV - for your own sake legally you might want to qualify and prove that statement - or remove it.

What a twat down the pub says isn't proof (Chelsea didn't have an interest).

It was in the news mate can't find the article but his Dad was urging Jack to join Chelsea, I'm surprised you don't remember it. I thought you give me some credit but obviously not, if it was some twat down the pub as you put I wouldn't even fucking post it.

Nicely edited mate and yes, I am in a bad mood BUT.

Lose the second sentence, as somebody qualified in Media Law and someone who made a Barrister 20 yrs older than me drop her phone when she realised I knew what I was on about - I make gentle nudges on this forum for a reason - it's nothing to do with 'credit' or 'knowing' a poster. It's a legal line and it won't fall on me, or Vital, or JF - it falls on the poster - so I gently help where I can before anyone else sees it.

Anything that can't be given a source is 'twat down a pub' for me. It's not a slur on you, it's a statement about the world we now live in. So treat it such mate.

But no, do not remember that and it's not what I hear through the grapevine either. There were a few media links (bullshit) to Chelsea, just as Man U/City/Liverpool, but the only interest was Tottenham - and Jack (under the Good Tweeter) knew he didn't have a choice and he had to accept that, despite his love for the club.

It might not make a difference in the future, but it made a difference in the past - and as Agent, his dad, was on the same page for me.

I certainly remember the unsubstantiated 'Twitter' rumours that went round, but the denials never make the same public awareness.

Manure fans on Twatter are saying that Jack is not worth £80m and that they will get him for around £50m.
This is the team that want £100m for Pogba and he couldn't lace Jack's boots.
I just don't get their deluded and opinionated fans who think that they can just drop a name out and the player comes running like some Pavlov dog.
If we get relegated then Jack will go, but we ain't getting relegated as the tide is now turning our way.
Well if Jack's only worth £50m surely they can do better than some second rate Brummagum kid?

Manure fans on Twatter are saying that Jack is not worth £80m and that they will get him for around £50m.
This is the team that want £100m for Pogba and he couldn't lace Jack's boots.
I just don't get their deluded and opinionated fans who think that they can just drop a name out and the player comes running like some Pavlov dog.
If we get relegated then Jack will go, but we ain't getting relegated as the tide is now turning our way.

They paid £80m for Maguire. Jack is worth at least double that.

I don't think he'll go. As long as the club is progressing, he'll want to be here.

It's funny though, the more the newspapers repeat their bullshit, the more believable it sounds.

If you were playing for the Villa at the moment and Man Utd or Citeh wanted you, would you go?

As a Villa fan, I'd much rather be around for any future success of the Villa than join any other club, even if you were guaranteed to win things.

Imagine he went to Citeh and we won the FA Cup without him in the team.

United also favourites to sign Sancho.

1) Have they found a magic money tree somewhere?

2) Ed Woodward is an incompetent clown who can't seem to get any big signings done.

3) How is Ole going to fit Sancho, Rashford, Fernandes, James, Maddison and Grealish into the same side?

4) Jack is WAAAAY too good for United. Only club in England that would suite him right now is Man City, other than that he should be going to PSG, Bayern, Barca or Madrid.

Not a lot of point second guessing anything too much in fairness (which I've been guilty of myself).

In terms of the clubs that may be in for him, money talks, so whether it's City, PSG, United or whoever as long as the bid tabled matches the club's valuation it will be accepted.

Hard to know how Grealish would respond, totally on him, he may see United as very appealing he may not. He may want to remain here given he's a fan, he may not and see playing for a club much further up the table and in Europe as more appealing.

The beauty is that we will find out soon, the summer isn't far away and clubs absolutely 100% will be making concrete bids for him. The only clear circumstance for me is relegation, if we go down he will definitely be gone.