Who to sign in't summer window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Who to sign in't summer window

Here's my thoughts on the players mentioned so far:

INS:

Divock Origi:

If he was to leave Liverpool then it would almost certainly be to one of Europe's top clubs. No chance.

Martin Odegaard:

I doubt that Real Madrid would sell him, but he might be available for loan again. We would probably need to qualify for the Champions League to get their attention above other top sides though.

Kalvin Phillips:

I think that Sander Berge will compete with Norwood for the DM slot in the longer term, so I don't see where he would fit in out team. Leeds would also demand stupid money for him. He's a good player though.

Max Aarons:

He'd be a great signing, but we would probably have a lot of competition from teams with larger pockets. Worth a try though.

Ben Godfrey:

He has a lot of potential, but isn't good enough defensively to go into our team at the moment. If Retsos doesn't work out then we could look at him as possible Bash cover/long-term replacement.

Xherdan Shaqiri:

This one seems unrealistic, mainly due to cost, but also he wouldn't fit into our system at all.

Danny Ings:

I'd love him at the Lane, but he is a Southampton fan and given their current form, I expect that they will be looking to build around him to have a go at European qualification next season.

Teemu Pukki:

I was against signing him earlier in the season, but now I think he would be a decent buy. He still has a few years left in him and his form doesn't seem to be dying away like I worried it might do. I think one of Sharp or McGoldrick (or maybe both) might be moved on in the summer, so a bit of experience up front would be a good thing as well.

Lucas Moura:

A good player, but he's mainly a winger, so I don't think he would fit. I suspect that the finances are currently beyond us as well.

Chris Wood:

Another experienced goal-scorer who would add something to our attack and would be in our budget. Decent shout.

Troy Deeney:

He's pretty much Mr Watford, so I expect that he would want to stay there even if they are relegated. If they do want to move him on, then I wouldn't be against it.

Aaron Ramsdale:

If we can't get Deano back then yes. He's had an excellent season in a struggling Bournemouth team and is only going to improve from here given his age. I'd imagine he would jump at the chance to come back as well.

David Brooks:

I'm in two minds. He is a good player, but I'm unsure of his long-term fitness. I'd probably pass at this point.

OUTS:

Callum Robinson:

By all accounts he had a very good debut for West Brom as a wide attacker. I know that CW said he is still in our plans, but unless we are looking at changing to a 3-4-3 like Wolves then I don't think he will ever fit with us. If he continues to play well on loan then we can likely at least get our money back on him, so I'd let him go.

Oliver McBurnie:

Absolutely not. He's been our best attacker (and one of our best players in general) in the second third of the season. I'm surprised that there are still people who want to get rid of him.

Leon Clarke:

I can't believe he is still with us now, let alone next season. I hope he can find a decent club to move to.

A couple of other players that I would consider as well:

Todd Cantwell:

Like with Aarons, he's another one who is attracting the attention of big clubs, but he'd be a really good signing for us if we could get him.

Sebastien Haller:

This one is a little bit out there and would probably require us to be in Europe, but if West Ham go down then I would imagine he would be available for transfer, and maybe even on loan if we couldn't afford to buy him. He was very successful in Germany playing in a front two, but has struggled at West Ham as a lone striker. He's still managed six goals though and I think he could fit into our system well. The fact that he is seen as having flopped would potentially limit the competition for him and according to reports, his wages are lower than might be expected (between 60 and 70k a week.) Compare that to Mitrovic at Fulham, who is on more than 100k a week, and even Jarrod Bowen who's now on a reported 80k a week.

Here's my thoughts on the players mentioned so far:

INS:

Divock Origi:

If he was to leave Liverpool then it would almost certainly be to one of Europe's top clubs. No chance.

Martin Odegaard:

I doubt that Real Madrid would sell him, but he might be available for loan again. We would probably need to qualify for the Champions League to get their attention above other top sides though.

Kalvin Phillips:

I think that Sander Berge will compete with Norwood for the DM slot in the longer term, so I don't see where he would fit in out team. Leeds would also demand stupid money for him. He's a good player though.

Max Aarons:

He'd be a great signing, but we would probably have a lot of competition from teams with larger pockets. Worth a try though.

Ben Godfrey:

He has a lot of potential, but isn't good enough defensively to go into our team at the moment. If Retsos doesn't work out then we could look at him as possible Bash cover/long-term replacement.

Xherdan Shaqiri:

This one seems unrealistic, mainly due to cost, but also he wouldn't fit into our system at all.

Danny Ings:

I'd love him at the Lane, but he is a Southampton fan and given their current form, I expect that they will be looking to build around him to have a go at European qualification next season.

Teemu Pukki:

I was against signing him earlier in the season, but now I think he would be a decent buy. He still has a few years left in him and his form doesn't seem to be dying away like I worried it might do. I think one of Sharp or McGoldrick (or maybe both) might be moved on in the summer, so a bit of experience up front would be a good thing as well.

Lucas Moura:

A good player, but he's mainly a winger, so I don't think he would fit. I suspect that the finances are currently beyond us as well.

Chris Wood:

Another experienced goal-scorer who would add something to our attack and would be in our budget. Decent shout.

Troy Deeney:

He's pretty much Mr Watford, so I expect that he would want to stay there even if they are relegated. If they do want to move him on, then I wouldn't be against it.

Aaron Ramsdale:

If we can't get Deano back then yes. He's had an excellent season in a struggling Bournemouth team and is only going to improve from here given his age. I'd imagine he would jump at the chance to come back as well.

David Brooks:

I'm in two minds. He is a good player, but I'm unsure of his long-term fitness. I'd probably pass at this point.

OUTS:

Callum Robinson:

By all accounts he had a very good debut for West Brom as a wide attacker. I know that CW said he is still in our plans, but unless we are looking at changing to a 3-4-3 like Wolves then I don't think he will ever fit with us. If he continues to play well on loan then we can likely at least get our money back on him, so I'd let him go.

Oliver McBurnie:

Absolutely not. He's been our best attacker (and one of our best players in general) in the second third of the season. I'm surprised that there are still people who want to get rid of him.

Leon Clarke:

I can't believe he is still with us now, let alone next season. I hope he can find a decent club to move to.

A couple of other players that I would consider as well:

Todd Cantwell:

Like with Aarons, he's another one who is attracting the attention of big clubs, but he'd be a really good signing for us if we could get him.

Sebastien Haller:

This one is a little bit out there and would probably require us to be in Europe, but if West Ham go down then I would imagine he would be available for transfer, and maybe even on loan if we couldn't afford to buy him. He was very successful in Germany playing in a front two, but has struggled at West Ham as a lone striker. He's still managed six goals though and I think he could fit into our system well. The fact that he is seen as having flopped would potentially limit the competition for him and according to reports, his wages are lower than might be expected (between 60 and 70k a week.) Compare that to Mitrovic at Fulham, who is on more than 100k a week, and even Jarrod Bowen who's now on a reported 80k a week.
top summing up that.
only reason id sell mcburnie is if we got wood or deeney better players and a bit the same type same with origi if we got him,mcburnie wouldnt get in squad if these were signed. but yes hes been playing well its just the upgrades are better

top summing up that.
only reason id sell mcburnie is if we got wood or deeney better players and a bit the same type same with origi if we got him,mcburnie wouldnt get in squad if these were signed. but yes hes been playing well its just the upgrades are better

CW likes to rotate strikers, both at the start and during matches, so I don't see why we couldn't bring in a player like Wood or Deeney and still keep McBurnie as well. He's still young and improving, so he could learn a lot from training with players like that, especially how to better use his physicality in the box.

Oddegard's hardly a veteran Bigglenaldo, Origi either,we're constantly suprised at what St Christopher duz in't windows are we not?:yes: UTMPB

I may be wrong Rod (I often am) but IMHO our chances of signing either of these is zero. I would love Origi to join us, but it just won’t happen.
As you say above, CW constantly surprises, and as I know very little about players playing abroad, I am quite content to wait and see what the future brings. :balloon::balloon::balloon:

I may be wrong Rod (I often am) but IMHO our chances of signing either of these is zero. I would love Origi to join us, but it just won’t happen.
As you say above, CW constantly surprises, and as I know very little about players playing abroad, I am quite content to wait and see what the future brings. :balloon::balloon::balloon:
Yes i know they're unlikely signings mi owd pall but so are the likes of Danny Ings,Lucas Moura etc;.I was just throwin a few names out theer and here's anutha one Adam Lallana who's out of contract in't summer and he's a pal of our BILLY's.UTMPB

We're bein linked wi a summer move for the Romanian Mbappe, Florinel Coman,he plays for Steau Bucharest,big big money offer gone in(allegedly).:whistle: 83975704_133478374815428_7057308832778682368_n.jpgUTMPB

Last edited:
Florinel Coman looks an interesting deal.
21 years old, already an international, 10 goals and 9 assists in 19 games so far this season.
Reports are that a written offer has already gone in and he's considering a move to us in the summer

He looks like a good player, but it's seems odd that we would be bidding for him now, less than a week after the last transfer window closed. People on S2 seem to think the Romanian source is a legit one though...

Speaking of the summer window, the Premier League clubs have today voted to move the deadline back to match the rest of Europe again. It'll be 1st September, 5pm this year, as the 31st August is a bank holiday.

For me goal keeper is the position that needs strengthening most in the summer ideally it would be get hendo back on loan if not then try to buy him it would take pretty much all the budget and then there’s wages to consider but for me it would be worth it if we can’t get him back then we need a top quality keeper I liked the lad that’s gone back to West Ham but obviously that’s not an option now etherington at Cardiff would be decent can’t think of many more depends who goes down I suppose ,if Watford went I’d go for him

For me goal keeper is the position that needs strengthening most in the summer ideally it would be get hendo back on loan if not then try to buy him it would take pretty much all the budget and then there’s wages to consider but for me it would be worth it if we can’t get him back then we need a top quality keeper I liked the lad that’s gone back to West Ham but obviously that’s not an option now etherington at Cardiff would be decent can’t think of many more depends who goes down I suppose ,if Watford went I’d go for him

If West Ham go down then Lukasz Fabianski might be available. Neil Etheridge at Cardiff is a decent keeper, but I don't think he is top half Premier League quality, which is what we should be aiming for to replace Deano if we can't get him back. Looking at the stats for the season, Ramsdale (already mentioned), Mat Ryan at Brighton and Martin Dubravka at Newcastle are also having excellent seasons, although the last two wouldn't likely be available unless we offered a lot of money.

People say it's not about money for him are wrong. It's always about money.

He had the chance to sign permanantly for us last summer after promotion, but he took his new found fame back to Manchester to negotiate a new deal and in doing so priced us out of the market.

So, he's either on loan to us, or he gets his first team chance at Manchester, or he goes somewhere that will beat his existing contract.

That's the scenario that he and his agent have cleverly put together.

CW likes to rotate strikers, both at the start and during matches, so I don't see why we couldn't bring in a player like Wood or Deeney and still keep McBurnie as well. He's still young and improving, so he could learn a lot from training with players like that, especially how to better use his physicality in the box.
mcburnie is getting better keep na lol

Emanuele Dennis of Club Brugge is the latest striker to be linked wi a move to BDBL in't summer.UTMPB

Emanuele Dennis of Club Brugge is the latest striker to be linked wi a move to BDBL in't summer.UTMPB

He's being linked with Dortmund to replace Jaden Sancho, once he moves back to the Prem. Even if we were to qualify for the Champions League, I wouldn't expect us to be able to compete at that level yet. It's good that we are looking for that sort of talent though, as it shows that we want to continue to move forwards.

Fenerbahce keeper Altay Bayindir 21 years old bein touted as a possible alternative if Hendo dunt return for next season.He was bein tipped for a move to Manure in't January window.UTMPB