I hate what the world is becoming | Page 21 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

I think she was on Maher last week, made a lot of sense and assumed I'm must have heard PETA wrong as they are just nutcases.

I like Joaquin Phoenix as an actor and thought he was great in Joker but he's obviously been at the Kool-Aid just like the rest of them and now we're probably better off if he doesn't win an Oscar so we won't have to suffer through his speech.

It would be nice if these actors and celebrities were challenged by someone, say Jordan Peterson or whoever, but they're not, so their virtue signalling vomit just goes out to the world and gets taken as truth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51355206

Jameela Jamil has "come out" as queer after some people objected to her being on a TV programme about drag queens or something.

Anyway, she is in a relationship with a singer called James Blake.

What does queer mean in this context? I wouldn't use it to describe someone because I assumed it would be offensive. I still use it as a substitute for weird.

Is this some lunatic woke nonsense where you can self identify as gay despite never having had or been interested in a sexual experience with someone from your own gender?

She had actually given a previous interview I believe where she said she went both ways, I think this clarification (not that I've read much) comes from people questioning how she can go both ways yet be with a bloke.

Which kind of fundamentally explains Bi I believe. In today's age, Queer was a strange choice of word, but I guess that was the phrase she grew up?

I'm far more interested in the bin idea above to be honest!

Who in the blue hell is jameela jamil. Honestly. This is what does my head in with this world. Too many people are classed as celebrities but really there just people who got very very lucky in one way or another.

Typical example Alison Hammond!

She had actually given a previous interview I believe where she said she went both ways, I think this clarification (not that I've read much) comes from people questioning how she can go both ways yet be with a bloke.

Which kind of fundamentally explains Bi I believe. In today's age, Queer was a strange choice of word, but I guess that was the phrase she grew up?

I'm far more interested in the bin idea above to be honest!

I'm far more interested in seeing video evidence of Jameela Jamil getting it on with a lady.

It's because all of them collectively have the intellectual capacity of a fucking peanut.

There is no white privilege, there is no male privilege, these "arguments" have been obliterated over and over and it's just getting really tired at this stage.

PC/Wokeness is cherry picking at history to the highest degree.

It's tough mate I am not sure its that simple. My missus is a woman of colour and its opened my eyes massively.

I think the language used is part of the problem, privilege is a triggering word to some people and I can't understand why they've persisted with it because all it does it escalate the conversation and shut the opposition down.

I would personally say everyone has privilege which in a way means nobody has it. Its all differing sides, women have privilege too and being black has its privileges but my privilege as a straight white male seems to be the only one that matters. I've had these conversations with her and she often forgets one of her privileges is she is from money, her dad is minted.

The missus is a psychologist so by default she is an 'SJW'. I might be a 'straight white male' but I am an immigrant, I don't come from money and I am self-made. What got me my job was seeking out another Irish person and making a good impression not being white and educated. Those are sometimes the silly things where all context gets stripped away.

I think the language used is part of the problem, privilege is a triggering word to some people and I can't understand why they've persisted with it because all it does it escalate the conversation and shut the opposition down.

Sadly, I think the part in bold applies to way too many on all sides, colours, sexes, genders, whether you like pinapple on a pizza.......these days.

It's not actually about growth/equality/understanding - it's purely about shouting the loudest to sound important and rather than gaining parity, it's about trying to get on top as if previous unfairness now entitles them to a privilege.

It's arse about face now unfortunately. And it's also everything really these days, Brexit 'take back control' (we never lost it), the rise of the right again (reported racism spiked massively once the campaign began) and so on.

Look at the ERG in Tory, Momentum in the Labour lot, it's all self interest rather than majority whole.

I like Joaquin Phoenix as an actor and thought he was great in Joker but he's obviously been at the Kool-Aid just like the rest of them and now we're probably better off if he doesn't win an Oscar so we won't have to suffer through his speech.

It would be nice if these actors and celebrities were challenged by someone, say Jordan Peterson or whoever, but they're not, so their virtue signalling vomit just goes out to the world and gets taken as truth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51355206

They really are boring and pretentious aren't they?

These people are too well paid and too sheltered.

I don't know the stats of how many top women directors released films this year, maybe, just maybe, there wasn't anything good enough? I can't see the organisers wouldn't want to be all pc and have a women win it.

And no black actors I'm assuming? Again, bigger problems in the world occupy my time than these ultra rich, self important actors, but some of THE biggest actors in the world are black, not their colour crosses my mind, just that they are brilliant. Samuel L Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Denzil Washington, Laurence Fishburn, Forest Whittaker, Will Smith, Jamie Fox.

If they told me they had been discriminated, I'd listen. I'm not really interested in a pampered white actors opinion, if he wasn't happy, he could have declined to go.

Not harsh at all Snacky, the points have been made on here many times over the years.

It's boggling isn't it - at basest level if you get white youth singing along with that crap (as they do) you can't really moan when they say it out of context being thick and not knowing - (which in no way diminishes those who deliberately take it out of context knowing exactly the effect its meaning will have!).

Criticising Israel for their Palestine attacks is not being anti-semetic or denying the Holocaust. Nor is pointing out the formation of Israel was only ever going to create a shit storm because it wasn't their homeland in the way the West made it.

Cant pick out Moslems strictly on homosexuality, but on the broader point, it's been around since time began. Accept it and move on, if it's not for you, find what is - so to speak. I don't like Norwich, but one of my uncles is a fantastic man (we just don't talk football lol).

Equal pay in parity for the women's game yes, it's growing fantastically well but the argument as publicised is equal pay with males. No. Their game isn't at that level and I'd guess some female internationals are now at least level with L1/L2 pay. Their reward should go up in line with the overall revenue the female game creates. Nothing more, nothing less.

If I write a piece of nonsense on the front end and it only gets 100 views, I'm not expecting to be paid the same as someone who wrote something that got 10000 views.

Yes that simplifies a few complexities, but if people could start from the base point and show a little understanding in more than their own directions, we might actually get further into the debate and get a greater understanding.

They really are boring and pretentious aren't they?

These people are too well paid and too sheltered.

I don't know the stats of how many top women directors released films this year, maybe, just maybe, there wasn't anything good enough? I can't see the organisers wouldn't want to be all pc and have a women win it.
Yup, it's film and TV - every year is going to be different based on what was produced. If great black/asian/martian content gets its right moment in the sun all's well.

But don't hype crap just to fill a quota.

Then again, I can't remember when I last agreed full stop with the winners of these over hyped and pointlessly self serving awards type deals?

No one banging the drum at the Oscars for disabled people though?

As said, I don't have the stats, if something is going on, then shame on the organisers, but it never tallies with me that some of the biggest stars in the world are people of colour, and long may that continue, along with all the excellent white and whatever else people.

Everyone seems to want to be the 'me too' types and right on campaigners these days. It's the fucking Oscars for goodness sake, take a look outside your pampered bubble and you might actually see some serious issues in the world, proper racism and gender problems included.

If they told me they had been discriminated, I'd listen. I'm not really interested in a pampered white actors opinion, if he wasn't happy, he could have declined to go.

To be the cynic I'd say that is just great marketing for himself. He'll get some big gigs out of this or he'll get larger crowds at his next venture.

Its low-risk high reward, that has literally cost him nothing.

This is going to sound a bit harsh.

Black people hate the word N being used. So why in their music are they allowed to use it so freely?

For inclusion, diversity and equality to work. Some minorities in the equality act really need to pull up their socks too, as it will feed the facist argument.

The N word is more complex IMO because ultimately the other situations are the persecutors hurting others whereas in the black community this word has been used to hurt them. They've taken it back for themselves.

It's difficult. Its a magic word, it cannot be used by a white person in anyway shape or form, context doesnt matter. I think its the emotion attached to it and the history of it.

I don't know. There is a movement of people of colour to try and change the mindset and not have the word used in their community.

No one banging the drum at the Oscars for disabled people though?

As said, I don't have the stats, if something is going on, then shame on the organisers, but it never tallies with me that some of the biggest stars in the world are people of colour, and long may that continue, along with all the excellent white and whatever else people.

Everyone seems to want to be the 'me too' types and right on campaigners these days. It's the fucking Oscars for goodness sake, take a look outside your pampered bubble and you might actually see some serious issues in the world, proper racism and gender problems included.
Yup, I haven't followed it closely as I haven't really been around as you know, but there's another surge now for 'proper disabled' to play 'disabled characters' and it boggles me this needs to be a thing. There are plenty out there, if they are good enough, use them? It's not rocket science.

To be the cynic I'd say that is just great marketing for himself. He'll get some big gigs out of this or he'll get larger crowds at his next venture.

Agree on the cynical point, it's a very fair point and he's not the first to use it.

And yes, taking it back - as the gays did Queer - is one thing, but actively promoting it to ALL is where we now get issues (I think) where it's completely not needed. It's one thing saying Yo Ma.....as I'd welcome JF by saying (Vital bans this word) to close mates, but then it's another in a format you know people will repeat without thought.

This is where I think context and emotion does matter, it has to be intent with Rap etc - and it shouldn't, because it shouldn't be a word used for effect in music/film.

I'm very much with your last sentence mate, they have my support.

Yup, I haven't followed it closely as I haven't really been around as you know, but there's another surge now for 'proper disabled' to play 'disabled characters' and it boggles me this needs to be a thing. There are plenty out there, if they are good enough, use them? It's not rocket science.

It is actually ok to 'attack' disabled, or discriminate though. Disabled people are pitied, but people generally don't like a lot of it, because I think fit people realise it could be them as well. I found the change in the way people treated me after my brain op, for a long long time I didn't look 'right' couldn't speak 'right' and anyway, you mention the brain and people are just frightened anyway.

It might improve, over time, but as you say, it shouldn't even be an issue.

Last edited:
Mike in reference to muslims. I was born a shia muslim. Iran and Saudi still see it as a crime. And people are hanged for their sexuality.
So compared to the other religions it is still a tad primitive.

Children are dying in the sea to get to european countries.

In my humble opinion the uk is more Muslim then saudi and iran (in terms of charity and looking after the poor).

The foundation of this country is beautiful. But we all have learn to love one another.
I agree with that point, but I've always said Islam as a relegion (whole certainly not going into the shia/shite and other splits) is still young, because it is compared to other older and more established ones. Much like the US (ignoring the Trump element) it's very reminicent of the old British Empire days - fingers everywhere with little acknowledgement of the consequences.

Islam is still growing (women rights, homosexual acknowledgement etc) compared to the CoE or even the Vatican - but even the latter two, there's only been some change in the last 30-40 years.

So I get why you say 'primitive' but I'd say still 'learning'. After all, this is still the country who hounded the likes of Oscar Wilde and Alan Turing, to name just two. The Equality and Discrimination Act has been on the books for years, yet most places (inc Gov owned buildings) (let alone Football Stadia) still don't comply with the law on access and so on. For how much better we believe ourselves to be, are we? Are we just a little more subtle that 50yrs ago?

But yes, definitely take the point mate and I still don't get why we laud Saudi, when Iran in my knowledge are in advance of them when it comes to rights as well but I guess ££££££££'s still talk don't they.

If we could all realise we're human, flawed, and we have to pay taxes and die and nothing else is relevant, it'd be a much better place.

The foundation of this country is beautiful. But we all have learn to love one another.

Not totally sure it is ... or that it is anymore - if it ever was.

Social media has had an impact on the anger and 'white noise' as has the reality rubbish, then the extreme people like Yaxley, Farage, (and yes, on the other side also like Corbyn) and Boris have split the country even more.

I'm not sure we are as welcoming as we once perhaps were becoming. Some of that, to be fair, fed by certain areas that are become no go areas. There appears to be a real split and a total intolerance to any middle ground to me these days.

It is actually ok to attack disabled, or discriminate though. Disabled people are pitied, but people generally don't like a lot of it, because I think fit people realise it could be them as well. I found the change in the way people treated me after my brain op, for a long long time I didn't look 'right' couldn't speak 'right' and anyway, you mention the brain and people are just frightened anyway.

It might improve, over time, but as you say, it shouldn't even be an issue.
That's what I meant though - if they are good enough give them the role. It doesn't need to be 'only a disabled person can play this role' much the way in some parts of theatre men play women, and women play men because there's a reason for it.

If not a strict reason, why laud the able actor for doing a great impersonation as opposed to letting the disabled actor do his job? That lad in Breaking Bad for example. Cracking performances.

Just remembering back to an earlier Comic Relief or CIN? Where they pushed it for adverts, I thought they were great. It was real, and it added to it.

But Hollywood still works on the 'look right, talk right' basis too much.