Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United

Don't mind losing like that. Good performance against a very strong team without being helped by the referee. Scully looked exciting and John Jules seemed to play like a man rather than a teenager. Not sure what has happened to Anderson's pace but maybe he could do with a rest?

Well done Imps 👏. We may have lost but it’s to the league leaders and they’ve really only had one chance. Not so much concerned about the result but very, very encouraged by the performance. We matched Rotherham for 90 minutes and created two really good chances, with maybe one or two more that broke down because of a lack of regular playing time together. Bridcutt faded a bit second half by my goodness what a good player he looks. Really compliments Morrell and gives a lot to the team both defensively and going forward. If we had put that team out against Southend we’d have won comfortably. Very encouraging and developing that performance over the next few games we should pick up a few points going forward. UTI 👏👍

I predicted 0-4 so better than I thought, but 4 consecutive defeats and ZERO goals scored speaks volumes 😞
ONE goal scored, if we are doing capitals and want to be accurate about things.

Just to add a bit of balance before the usual suspects start whining pitifully, three of those four defeats have been to teams in the top six.

The next five games are all very winnable.

Never in doubt we’ll stay up. Building for next season started when the Cowleys left and continues apace for life in league 1 next season.

Definitely an improved performance we had a couple of good chances and did not take them while they took their chance, Bridcutt looks class and John Jules is really getting up to speed.

We really gave them their goal another poor pass out from the back neither Bolger or Shackell will be with us next season MA wants ball playing centre halves.

bridcutt showed the rest the amount of effort and mobility needed. he was all over the pitch, and strong in the 50/50s. expected him to be a holding, defensive midfielder but he was playing down the wing at times. #applause

bringing the age down, it is even more noticeable now that we lack height and strength against the big boys. hopefully will be less noticeable in the next 5 'winnable' games.

John-Jules has to score ..... a kid in a mans game 😩
Give him a break - he’s a young lad and he’s learning very quickly. He’s almost improving game by game. He gave an experienced defence a really good run for their money tonight and probably did as much as Walker overall. He may have missed a chance to score but otherwise I think he had a good game and will settle down to being a very good player. Sometimes you just need patience.

Well we expected Rotherham to come out looking for the 3 points but I feel they were a little fortunate to get them. We had several good opportunities to take the lead and it could then have been a very different game as a consequence. Bridcutt will do well for us over the closing games of the season. It was just a shame that having been awarded a free kick near the half way line a short pass was given which we then lost possession to enable them to run away and score a goal with our own defence out of position. Why do we persist in playing suicide passes out to Melbourne when he is facing his own goal, what is he expected to do with these passes. Time and time again we did this and it seems to always end in us losing possession and placing pressure on our own team. Scully made a fine contribution after coming on and once this team plays together for a while we should be well entertained.

Give him a break - he’s a young lad and he’s learning very quickly. He’s almost improving game by game. He gave an experienced defence a really good run for their money tonight and probably did as much as Walker overall. He may have missed a chance to score but otherwise I think he had a good game and will settle down to being a very good player. Sometimes you just need patience.

He has some very good touches and, with a little more composure, which will come with experience, he'll do very well for us. I don't understand the attitude of some people.

As a word of caution we are not safe until we are safe. Hopefully they will build on this and win on Tuesday.

He has some very good touches and, with a little more composure, which will come with experience, he'll do very well for us. I don't understand the attitude of some people.

the key issue was the quality of the Rotherham keeper. He was excellent if we had swapped keepers with them we would have had 3 points

I don't think you're the only person to have said that but I thought he had a decent game. It makes a positive difference having someone in that position and I'm not sure what he was supposed to have done wrong?

I would play scully there now as he looked more composed plus he is our player to develop

the key issue was the quality of the Rotherham keeper. He was excellent if we had swapped keepers with them we would have had 3 points
yes, even though they had the winning of most headers in both boxes, he still came out 15 yards to catch that bridcutt free kick near the end. we seem to have stopped contesting attacking free kicks into the box.

Played well, couldn't take our 5-6 clear cut chances, gave Rotherham a goal, 1-0 loss. Frustrating at the moment but promising signs going forward I think.

A decent display - more than deserved a point. But committed suicide two minutes after half time and gifted them the points.

During the last two games at homes we have played the most physical and direct sides in the league, and give them credit they can manage a goal lead far better than we can.

We aren’t far away, a little bit naive, young and raw but positive signs. We have to stay in the league that is crucial.