Who to sign in't summer window | Vital Football

Who to sign in't summer window

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
If it's possible then HENDO for a start,wor abart Origi from the Scousers? Cheeky bid for Martyn Oddegard,Sander could have a word.UTMPB

Give over Rod, we’re only 2 days on from the JTW. Let’s see how it all pans out between now and the end of the season. Then we’ll know where we need to strengthen, who’s available, etc. etc.
Best idea is to sit back, relax, have a drink, and leave it all to Chris, Alan, Mitch and the rest of his team. They know a lot more about these things than any of us do - and they’ve done a pretty good job so far.

Henderso on a perm, ( no way IMO) or another year loan.

Apart from that up front. We are crap at scoring goals and where we are due to our amazing defence.
McBurnie. Needs to keep going to the next level

Moose. WTF is wrong with his fitness. If he cant do 90 mins week in week out by next season get shot.

Billy. Keep.

Didzy. Keep.

Robinson. Hopefully comes back from WBA firing. Looked good on EFL playing wide against Luton.

Ziggywiggy bloke on loan. No idea.

We need to get a fast potent strike force for next season.

Rest in hand IMO.
Wilder will sort.

Give over Rod, we’re only 2 days on from the JTW. Let’s see how it all pans out between now and the end of the season. Then we’ll know where we need to strengthen, who’s available, etc. etc.
Best idea is to sit back, relax, have a drink, and leave it all to Chris, Alan, Mitch and the rest of his team. They know a lot more about these things than any of us do - and they’ve done a pretty good job so far.
Of course St Christopher and his staff know more than us Bigglenaldo but we can discuss things like this can't wi? that's what a forums for aint it?:yes:It's not like St Christopher will look on here but perhaps Twirls will tell him mi suggestions.:LOL:VAR took nearly 2mins to give Man City a pen at Spurs which they then missed.:giggle:UTMPB

Last edited:
CW says he's always thinking a couple of windows in advance, so he'll have his targets close to his chest. We'll be back in for Woolfenden from Ipswich.

If Leeds blow it I'd like to see us make a move for Phillips, best player outside the PL for me and he'd slot in no problem to the way we play. Aarons and Godfrey from Norwich, an attacking right back and a footballing centre back who've looked good in a poorly organised defence - two long term investments there.

As for the link role how about Shaqiri, quality player who'll be looking to leave Liverpool for first team football. Would be a real marquee signing.

Phillips has already got 4 red cards in his career as much a liability for me he’s a defensive midfielder we’ve just just spent 22 m on one and he would cost more
its a no from me

What folk cant see up top is the issue suggests they have no idea what our weakness is.
LOOK AT GOALS SCORED AND GOALS CONCEDED.
Have a biccy. Go sleepybyes and come back on it. Bless.

Phillips is more a modern deep-lying playmaker than a Monty workhorse. Quality on the ball, high energy and I think he'd cope better with being pressed than Ollie has been in recent games. Wilder would love the fact he's strong in the challenge, something that was badly missed at Anfield.

To score more goals we need more possession, more sustained pressure - Phillips would contribute to that.

What folk cant see up top is the issue suggests they have no idea what our weakness is.
LOOK AT GOALS SCORED AND GOALS CONCEDED.
Have a biccy. Go sleepybyes and come back on it. Bless.
2 of the 3 of mi suggestions are forards Beany.:giggle: I'll be hittin the sack in abart 3hours,i've a big week comin up but I'm a very happy BLADE and anyone who isn't delighted by our lads this season shud gi their heads a wobble mi thinks dunt you mi owd pal,onwards and upwards.UTMPB

2 of the 3 of mi suggestions are forards Beany.:giggle: I'll be hittin the sack in abart 3hours,i've a big week comin up but I'm a very happy BLADE and anyone who isn't delighted by our lads this season shud gi their heads a wobble mi thinks dunt you mi owd pal,onwards and upwards.UTMPB

Rod Im with you

danny ings
pukki
mora from tottenham
wood from burnley
troy deaney

any 2 from these

out
robinson
mcburnie
clarke

Apart from McB and maybe Robbo yes. McB is growing and Robbo isnt getting a shot in a position he knows. ie wide. He is already at WBA.

Of course St Christopher and his staff know more than us Bigglenaldo but we can discuss things like this can't wi? that's what a forums for aint it?:yes:It's not like St Christopher will look on here but perhaps Twirls will tell him mi suggestions.:LOL:VAR took nearly 2mins to give Man City a pen at Spurs which they then missed.:giggle:UTMPB

Of course you can discuss whatever you like on here Rod (as long as it’s legal), but I strongly suspect you are looking in the wrong pond, my old pal. I don’t think we will be looking for over priced and (frequently) vastly over paid players from our EPL rivals. The JTW just gone seems to indicate we are still looking for the lower league “bargains” (Rodwell and Robinson) but our main area of interest will be younger foreign players who fit the CW criteria. Only my opinion of course! :geek:

Pukki is a proper goal scoring striker and Norwich will go down so he fits the bill.

I still think Bouremouth will struggle so Ramsdale (unless we get Deano for another year) and David Brooks.

Brooks has the ability to go past players without the need for pure speed and he has an eye for goal. It is no coincedence that Bouremouth have struggled without him.

Last edited:
I'd want an MOT certificate for Brooksie. He's been out an awful long time. Ramsdale and Pukki might be interesting, but they won't be cheap. Ings to us is as unlikely as Fleck or Egan going to Southampton imo. £50m player, but he's had too many seasons of injuries and under achievement for me anyway. Time will tell...

Pukki is a proper goal scoring striker and Norwich will go down so he fits the bill.

I still think Bouremouth will struggle so Ramsdale (unless we get Deano for another year) and David Brooks.

Brooks has the ability to go past players without the need for pure speed and he has an eye for goal. It is no coincedence that Bouremouth have struggled without him.
The problem with Norwich is they’ll have so much cash having spent zilch in the PL plus the parachute payment to follow that they might not want to sell him unless he really wants to go. They’re having my £5 for winning the Championship next season.

The problem with Norwich is they’ll have so much cash having spent zilch in the PL plus the parachute payment to follow that they might not want to sell him unless he really wants to go. They’re having my £5 for winning the Championship next season.
If Norwich go down there will be an element of change as the PL clubs will come in for their better players and they will be powerless to prevent them leaving. The lure of the Prem and more money will be too much. The issue we have now is trying to get better than what we have now for no more than £30 million. Top strikers are £50 million plus. There are worse problems to have just ask Monkpig but I can see more left field and young potential signings.

Of course you can discuss whatever you like on here Rod (as long as it’s legal), but I strongly suspect you are looking in the wrong pond, my old pal. I don’t think we will be looking for over priced and (frequently) vastly over paid players from our EPL rivals. The JTW just gone seems to indicate we are still looking for the lower league “bargains” (Rodwell and Robinson) but our main area of interest will be younger foreign players who fit the CW criteria. Only my opinion of course! :geek:
Oddegard's hardly a veteran Bigglenaldo, Origi either,we're constantly suprised at what St Christopher duz in't windows are we not?:yes: UTMPB