Match Thread: Southend United v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Southend United v Lincoln City

4-4-2 does not look like the way forward. In the last 10 minutes of normal time we played really well, but the rest.... forget it.

Credit to Southend who showed lots of spirit for a team in such a hopeless position and up to 80 minutes had been the only ones who'd played any football.

I imagine the board will now be full of sack-the-manager-we're-going-down type idiocy.

Edit: Oops already seen

No one is dressing that fucker up into nothing more than pitiful.
We have been beaten by a relegated team without creating anything worthwhile for 90 odd minutes.
Why the hell can we not create any meaningful chances until added on time then still manage to let one in to lose the game.
I like to see the ball on the floor and us playing football but there has to be an end product. It's alright knocking it around the back and in midfield but at some stage you have to create goalscoring opportunities whether you take them or not that's what we all go for.

Yoyo season so far.

Relegation mid table or play-offs.

Well its going to be what I thought in Oct. A relegation squeaky bottom time if not a battle. I can see us losing many games before the end of the season based on the fact the team has been effectively torn apart. Money woes?!?!

Go on, tell us who you’d replace him with?
Looks like the person you are asking has to qualifications. Sound football knowledge, sack the manager after a third defeat in a row. Obviously knows the in and out of the game. Prob a skilled FIFA 2020 player.

It won't be that many this year. There are only 3 relegation places (Bolton and Southend + 1) and only 44 games. I think 45-48 pts will be safe.
third bottom last year was 47 points from 46 games. 1.02 points per game... we are currently 1.23.
younger players can lose confidence quickly,
i am going blindly for: bridcutt and the mystery fella will make a world of difference.

4-4-2 does not look like the way forward. In the last 10 minutes of normal time we played really well, but the rest.... forget it.

Absolutely agree. We were playing decent stuff over new year with the one in the hole supporting a lone striker. Needs to go back to that so long as the 'number 10' can get close to the striker for attacks

I remember the Rotherham game in 2011. Not all of it, though, as I left early.

I expect some pretty x-rated stuff on Friday, I'm afraid.
It will be the proverbial men against boys, and they're a right bunch of beasts and monsters.

Looks like the person you are asking has to qualifications. Sound football knowledge, sack the manager after a third defeat in a row. Obviously knows the in and out of the game. Prob a skilled FIFA 2020 player.
No just a long suffering Lincoln City supporter who has seen scenarios like this develope into relegation.

third bottom last year was 47 points from 46 games. 1.02 points per game... we are currently 1.23.
younger players can lose confidence quickly,
i am going blindly for: bridcutt and the mystery fella will make a world of difference.

I do hope so. I’m not in ’we are safe from relegation camp’ at all. Until we are mathematically safe, there will always be that nagging doubt.