AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Aston Villa (Saturday 1 February 2020): Match Thread

I could just still be on a high after Tuesday night, but is our squad looking actually more fit by the week? If we can carry the same intensity into this game, then I can't see Bournemouth living with us.

I'd like to see a Norwich-style spanking to really crush Bournemouth's spirit.

Play with the intensity of Tuesday night and we're in with a good shout. Tell the lads that these next games are all auditions for places in the Cup Final.
No slacking off!.

Hate tempting fate but I honestly cant see anything less than 3 points on saturday. That game on Tuesday was absolutely perfectly timed. The performance, the result, the fans reaction, everything will have sparked the players into a confident mindframe. Keinan is back, we have a new striker, time to help Bournemouth fall back down to where they belong.

I think they have Ake back which is a boost for them they've been defensively frail without him. Still no Josh King and I am happy Callum Wilson managed to score so he isn't trying to end his duct against us.

After the last couple games I can't look past us, we just have to ensure we don't concede early and play with the fight, battle and freedom of the last game.

Man for man I feel we look much better than them but that doesnt matter either.

Our fixture list is tough right up until the end of the season from here. Tougher than most. It’s a must win.
Ours is tough but there are some winnable games in there, especially at home. West Ham, Norwich, Watford, Bournemouth and Brighton all have very tough runs on paper too so it's fairly even.

As far as I'm concerned, this is as important as the semi final. It is a must win game.

Talking to DJ our Bournemouth editor, he was more worried if we parked the bus rather than what we do now, going forward.

We will see. It is an interesting clash.

Tyrone Mings returns to Dean Court (or whatever is called now) for the first time and reminds them of what we paid £20+m for. Scores the perfect hat trick of left foot, right foot, and header.
VTID
HEITS
TCIO

This game will prove whether our recent upturn in form is just a flash in the pan or not.
Probably the most winnable away game until the end of the season.

This game is Us vs. Watford except we're in Watford's shoes and must not lose. We can't have a can't lose mentality though I think it has to be must win.

Watford dropped off in the last twenty minutes and it let us into the game, as soon we were level they were out of gas.

We absolutely cannot give them an inch. Keep it tight, strangle the atmosphere get into half time at 0-0 then completely change our strategy - they will come out the gates but won't expect us to change.

Thats my two cents.

Our fixture list is tough right up until the end of the season from here. Tougher than most. It’s a must win.

That's why we've really got to make hay now - those tough fixtures are our Achille's Heel re relegation ...

West Ham have tough fixtures coming up so if we're not clear above them in a few games time then we could be in trouble.

Sorry folks but I am going with another defeat because they keep on defying my predictions so I will stay with it.