The Ørjan Nyland Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Ørjan Nyland Thread

Apart from the two goals, which weren't totally down to him, I don't remember Nyland having to do too much.True, Wolves were on the front foot and ran us ragged at times but if Man.City or Liverpool had come up against us on Sunday it would have been a cricket score.

He's one of the few who could leave the pitch Sunday knowing he'd not put a foot wrong. No chance with either goal, couple of good saves and his distribution was good. If not for seemingly everyone in front of hims desperation to give wolves the ball he might have come home with a clean sheet.

giphy.webp

Only reason I can see for another keeper is in case Nyland gets injured. Kalinic is an unknown, Sarkic looks promising but still learning, and it's not certain when Jed will be back. However, DS has more or less said he'll stick with the keepers he's got.

He looks a completely different player now.

As said by others. Fair play to the coaching staff.
Has been very good since coming back in. Last season could have destroyed him, as has happened to many goalkeepers down the years (Jim Leighton, Brad Guzan, Mervyn Day, Joe Hart etc), but he's come in and done a terrific job so far. Is it me or does he look taller and bigger now?

Think it's about time this guy got some big lumps of kudos for his performance last night.

If it wasn't for his brilliant saves, we would probably of been buried within the first 30 minutes.

Well done lad...... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Think it's about time this guy got some big lumps of kudos for his performance last night.

If it wasn't for his brilliant saves, we would probably of been buried within the first 30 minutes.

Well done lad...... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I live in Leicestershire and have a gobshite neighbour who is a Leicester fan. He said that we only won because our keeper made some good saves. I had to enlighten the retard by informing him that is what keepers do. Strikers are in the team to score goals, defenders are there to defend and keepers stand between the posts and stop the ball going in the net. Nyland made three very good saves and he has great credit for it and as you say, we would not be in the final without him.
I get really pissed off with all of Sky analytics and passes this and possession that. The only statistic that matters is the goals scored. Shots made and shots on target mean very little if they don't end up in the net. Said gobshite said that we only had 3 shots on target and we scored from two. As the late, great Brian Clough said "you don't win a raffle if you don't buy a ticket" 😂 🤣

The only thing I didn't like about him the other night was he should have been making himself available for back passes. That joke defending by Mings in the first few minutes when he should have just knocked it back to the keeper and saved all that panic.
That's where Pepe scores over him the outfield players let him have the ball.

Otherwise, he was brilliant, best goalkeeping I've seen from a Villa keeper in ages, in a sentimental world he should play against Bournemouth but if Pepe is fit he has to start simply because of who he is.
Imagine being a Bournemouth striker facing Nyland or Reina which one will put the shits up you