Happy Balloongate day BLADES | Vital Football

Happy Balloongate day BLADES

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
On this day in 2008 Luton Shelton helped THE BLADES beat Man City in what was to become known as Balloongate.83166764_10220612315514100_8955289691591016448_n.jpg UTMPB

Wasn't that just after Nobson had had one too many ( games that is)????????????

I ended up on 5Live after the presenter, Spoony or some such (?) asked how come we performed better without him.

I had a few reasons to give him- to the extent that he said he didn't realise Nobson was disliked so much- I told him I had plenty more before he moved on to the next caller:cool:

I ended up on 5Live after the presenter, Spoony or some such (?) asked how come we performed better without him.

I had a few reasons to give him- to the extent that he said he didn't realise Nobson was disliked so much- I told him I had plenty more before he moved on to the next caller:cool:

It was one of his last few games for United. I believe he was sacked in February after a dismal 0-0 draw with Scunny (think Grant McCann was sent off early in that game too?)

So you were to 5live what Brian the Blade is to Footy heaven/Praise or Grumble then TT?:LOL: Robson was defo Mr McCabe's worst appointment by a country mile in my view and that aint hindsight speakin cos no one i know wanted him at BDBL in't first place,but Hey to combat that awful appointment Mr McCabe was the one who fetched St Christopher home.:whistle::giggle: UTMPB

It was one of his last few games for United. I believe he was sacked in February after a dismal 0-0 draw with Scunny (think Grant McCann was sent off early in that game too?)
Reported in papers as Feb 14th 2008 BM after the 0-0 at Scunny and the same at WBA on the 12th,

I think the rot was first confirmed when losing away at Scunthorpe 3-2 after being 2 goals up at the beginning of September 2007.

Rod, unlike Brian the Blade I am not a WUM! My hatred for Nobson is consistent and continued.

BTW, met a bloke at a wine tasting last week and he told me he was a neighbour of Tsrry Robinson's back in Bury and he now lives in Cape Town. I said i'd be on the lookout for him- to avoid!

Last edited:
Reported in papers as Feb 14th 2008 BM after the 0-0 at Scunny and the same at WBA on the 12th,

I think the rot was first confirmed when losing away at Scunthorpe 3-2 after being 2 goals up at the beginning of September 2007.

Rod, unlike Brian the Blade I am not a WUM! My hatred for Nobson is consistent and continued.
Hatred? Really? Oh well.UTMPB

Hatred? Really? Oh well.UTMPB
The start of the rot, the cause of the rot. Cannot stand the man and ,remember, I've seen him in 'action' a few times Rod.

Odiuos individual without his connection to SUFC which only made it worse.

The start of the rot, the cause of the rot. Cannot stand the man and ,remember, I've seen him in 'action' a few times Rod.

Odiuos individual without his connection to SUFC which only made it worse.
Well at least ya dint do what some of the so called Manure fans did at Ed Woodward's home TT,ya dint did ya? God help the employees at Old Trafford if they ever get relegated.UTMPB

Well at least ya dint do what some of the so called Manure fans did at Ed Woodward's home TT,ya dint did ya? God help the employees at Old Trafford if they ever get relegated.UTMPB
The sense of entitlement unravelling day by day- so sweet.

1st gameI ever did at the hotel next door was a 0-1 home defeat to Lverpool. They were still top of the league but wanted Fergie out, all the players out etc etc. I used to love it!

The sense of entitlement unravelling day by day- so sweet.

1st gameI ever did at the hotel next door was a 0-1 home defeat to Lverpool. They were still top of the league but wanted Fergie out, all the players out etc etc. I used to love it!
The media are similar where Manure are concerned TT,Manure must be in't top 4 or better f8in for all the trophies available.Welcome t'real world no club has a divine r8 to win football trophies and i say that as someone who's alluss quite liked Manure,especially when Sir Matt was boss.UTMPB