NUFC v Chelsea | Page 3 | Vital Football

NUFC v Chelsea

Might treat meself to a drink after watching that utter shite, there was a time when an evening kick off at St James' frightened the shit out of the opposition.

Bruce talking shite after the game and no one coming in and has used the ‘get them over the line ‘ phrase what a ****

I might put a tenner on The Toon wining the FA Cup because if Bruce's luck continues we must be in with a shout.

Oh the irony for those that actually attended and sat through that only to leave before the end. They are a special breed. We'll probably hear of them over the next day or so.

Fascinating game in many ways. The defence has benefited from being a unit over the last couple of years, apart from an early season blip when it was decided to play 4 at the back.

Yes he could have done better on a couple of occasions but from what I have seen, this was one of Joelinton's better games. Interesting to see Miggy and the Saint positioned for flick ons rather than lay backs.

On the subject of Miggy, what a work rate off the ball.

The goal just shaded it for Hayden as MoM but good performance from Clark too. Duvravka must have gained us so many points this season.

Biggest downside is the Krafth made Joelinton look like worth £40 million, some others made him look worth 50p.

Fingers crossed that Jetro's injury doesn't stop a permanent deal and wish the lad well for a speedy recovery.

In the wider context, the last couple of results should make safety from relegation a certainty.

Last edited:
3 more wins and a couple of draws should be enough and with a nice run of games coming between the back end of February until the middle of April, you would expect Brucey to get his bonus from Ashley.

Bruce reverted to the ultra defensiveness of the last three seasons but to coin one of the most used phrases from those dreary days,a win is a win even though watching made my eyes bleed.

Great to be on the right side of a late goal win,it feels like it rarely happens.

Shame about the injury to Willems,he has made a significant contribution this season.

Nice to see Lascelles back in the side. A couple of his headed clearances were immense. Credit to the lad for another MOTM performance (BBC match report)