Transfer Rumours | Page 57 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours

Realistically, does anyone expect a decent championship striker to arrive before 11pm 31st January 2020?
We've had all summer, then we could have looked at negotiating a deal for a player so when 1st January arrived we made a quick signing or two.
Hopefully we can recall Walker and use Mighten and Brennan to support Grabban.
It's a notoriously bad time to sign players due to the exorbitant fees. A sellers market.
Hopefully I'll be proved wrong, but........

Who was our last successful overseas striker? PVH 20+ years ago (and he was overrated)?
Define successful?

If you claim PVH was overrated then you are setting the bar high enough to say we have never had a successful overseas striker.

Depending on how you choose to measure it, I would say Junior Agogo was a successful signing. Whether you count him as overseas is a different matter

In fairness, there are not many to choose from

Define successful?

If you claim PVH was overrated then you are setting the bar high enough to say we have never had a successful overseas striker.

Depending on how you choose to measure it, I would say Junior Agogo was a successful signing. Whether you count him as overseas is a different matter

Brian Roy was pretty good - but, not sure you'd class him as a striker?

Is Rob Earnshaw foreign?

Just logged into my old Widdow and Jimmy Gordon accounts

Done deal to be announced tomorrow by the clique

I've had many emails sent by the pip whackers

Brian Roy was pretty good - but, not sure you'd class him as a striker?

Is Rob Earnshaw foreign?

Depends on how you define it. I suspect that CP is specifically thinking of an overseas born forward player signed from an overseas club.

Whether that counts PVH is open to question. Surely Roy would count. Agogo would not in that instance. Earnshaw played for an overseas nation but was essentially Welsh wasn't he?

Define successful?

Roy > PVH.

PVH wasn't bad, just a bit of a one trick pony and never did it at the highest level. He wa a good player, I just get annoyed when I see people pick him over genuine legends like Nigel.

PvH did get 46 caps for Holland, scoring 14 times. Probably makes him out best overseas forward by some distance. Legend though? More like leg end for me.