FA Cup Replay - Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Middlesbrough FC | Page 26 | Vital Football

FA Cup Replay - Tottenham Hotspur FC vs. Middlesbrough FC

Could have been a banana.
We came though.
I thought it was relatively comfortable. The shame was that Lucas and Son are not strikers.
Fair play to gazza.
Sess was great.
Lo Celso and Eric played a whole game.
Japhet is the new shoe in.
Jose will be delighted. As should we. Bring on the saints. More players back. Game on.

Well, no more long ball but that just proved our passing and decision making was absolutely not up to professional standards. SAnchez back to being a liability, Winks anonymous and after the well taken opportunist goals in the first 15 minutes we looked toothless...but a win is a win.

LoCo worked hard the whole match but faded towards the end, Dier looked better but was never pressured and gave away too many pointless fouls and Sess has bags of pace so wtf doesn’t he use it to push beyond the opposition defence.

We will need a significantly improved performance against the Watford bully boys but it’s difficult to see where it is coming from....hopefully, Jose will have a plan and hopefully the players will stick to it.

Nice football 1st half followed by such a lazy arrogant 2nd. I hate how players think they can stroll a whole half at 2-0. On another day we get dragged into extra time. Nothing to like about that 2nd half apart from tanganga going into beast mode. Oh well take the postives from the 1st half and lets move on to the next round.

WTF Is Jenas talking about,that we needed a 3rd goall,we dominated the game from start to finish. Fuck Offf..

Did you watch the Spurs game?
‘Cos we didn’t dominate from start to finish.
first half (after an unsettled first 10/15 mins despite the goal) maybe, but the second half was turgid shit!!

Tanganga is a first teamer - thankfully!
Lo Celso - needs to stay at all costs
Sess - better by the game!
Sonny - still too selfish
Dele - (see Sonny)
Verts- ok’ish
Sanchez - (as above)
Winks - good and bad, mostly ok, tries hard!
Gazza - did well, don’t think he could have done much for their goal tbh!!

Lamela was always going to fade given its his first start.

Lo Celso hasnt turned up in second half

Dier needs to go on a 7 day run.

Whether returning from injury or with a run of games behind him, fading is what Lamela does. It's been happening for seven years!! Poch regularly substituted him, so we didn't have to endure more of the same. A bit-part player is what he is; he's too average to be anything else.

But hey Lamela plays and he scores...again when we need it. I know he was not a fully match fit yet...but damn something about when he is on the pitch and at full speed...we are a different team.

And yeah how about everyone take a lesson from him and Loco on how to finish. Very nice and tidy.

Didn't watch so I may have missed a ton...but some players are consistent and we know what we are getting and Lamela fits that.

Whether returning from injury or with a run of games behind him, fading is what Lamela does. It's been happening for seven years!! Poch regularly substituted him, so we didn't have to endure more of the same. A bit-part player is what he is; he's too average to be anything else.

Rich I do agree with you...but I will defend Lamela....in that he is better than anything else we have. LOL

And you will admit he at least gives his all...unlike some and I know you and I can name a few!

Did you watch the Spurs game?
‘Cos we didn’t dominate from start to finish.
first half (after an unsettled first 10/15 mins despite the goal) maybe, but the second half was turgid shit!!

Tanganga is a first teamer - thankfully!
Lo Celso - needs to stay at all costs
Sess - better by the game!
Sonny - still too selfish
Dele - (see Sonny)
Verts- ok’ish
Sanchez - (as above)
Winks - good and bad, mostly ok, tries hard!
Gazza - did well, don’t think he could have done much for their goal tbh!!
Yes Spesh ,I did watch the Game ,as I was posting on it,judging by your analysis of our players we seemed to do pretty well. Honestly Mate,they had a bit of a spell in the 2nd half and they scored. Yes our 2nd half was a classic foot off the pedal job as we knew they had nothing to offer ,apart from the goal we gifted them but we totally dominated that game have a bit of faith Mate.And give credit where its due

Last edited: