The Kind of Story We Need Right Now! | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Kind of Story We Need Right Now!

Surprisingly sold one of mine quite easily on eBay.

The only ones I have left are a couple of Mita Copiers but they are sacred cloth for my son, the rest of mine have gone to Africa in the past for a good cause.

Irony is I’m now buying unbranded score draw polyester replicas for £30

Yeah, we did one for a lad going to India who was taking shirts to the street kids a few years back. I was able to get in touch with Villa as they were moving from whoever it was to UA at the time. They asked me to keep it quiet (they didn't want to be inundated with requests which was fair enough) but did help with a good few bits and bobs.

We are outsourced now, a company who don't bother to reply to things, so wouldn't be able to try anything like that this time.

The only ones I have left are a couple of Mita Copiers but they are sacred cloth for my son, the rest of mine have gone to Africa in the past for a good cause.

Irony is I’m now buying unbranded score draw polyester replicas for £30

They're expensive and have absolutely no sell on value, those asics/Müller copies in the shop (for example) are terrible. I just sold my Asics home shirt for £75 this week, have kept the away one but have sold another away one I had in a different size for £60 before. Prices of retro shirts has gone through the roof the last few years.

I've got a framed 1982 Le Coq Sportif Shirt they bought me when I left work I was so shocked at how much they paid for it I'm frightened to touch it.
I love it and would never part with it but I'd never have bought it myself at that price

I've got a framed 1982 Le Coq Sportif Shirt they bought me when I left work I was so shocked at how much they paid for it I'm frightened to touch it.
I love it and would never part with it but I'd never have bought it myself at that price

That’s why I’ve decided to sell some, it’s just big money hanging up in my wardrobe or stored away. Never get worn as I’m too scared to ruin and devalue them, what I’ve sold so far has paid off quite handsomely. There’s some I won’t sell though, the ‘87 home for example, save that for special occasions (March 1st at Wembley 🤞🏼), won’t be sending that one to Ghana 😂

Strange how we all value different things? Its programs with me. Not many just the really important personal ones.
1957 FA cup final, the old man went a couple of weeks before i was born.
1966 v West Ham my first match.
1971 League cup final, the last match with my Father.
1975 league cup 1977 same.
1982 etc .

I've got various child sizes in Nike, hummel, macron, training and match shirts also some of the coton retro adult ones so I'm going to send them, any idea who it would be best to post with and cost?

I've got various child sizes in Nike, hummel, macron, training and match shirts also some of the coton retro adult ones so I'm going to send them, any idea who it would be best to post with and cost?

I was just gonna post it at the post office tracked, not sure of the cost to be honest as eBay usually handles my overseas postage when I sell something abroad.

Should hopefully be posting mine tomorrow, had to give one a wash after removing the hardened deodorant marks on the underarms, free or not I weren’t sending it like that!

Posted 5 shirts earlier, one was a retro/cotton scoredraw remake and the others regular match shirts from the last 15 years or so. Cost £17.80 to post at the post office with a signature at the other end, the other option was parcelforce which would’ve been tracked all the way but £42 so went with the cheaper option.

Strange how we all value different things? Its programs with me. Not many just the really important personal ones.
1957 FA cup final, the old man went a couple of weeks before i was born.
1966 v West Ham my first match.
1971 League cup final, the last match with my Father.
1975 league cup 1977 same.
1982 etc .

I gave all mine away years ago to a lad who lived next door at the time.

The shirt they got me was the Champions of Europe shirt from the season after we won it. It's not something I would have bought or even chosen but people I worked with gave it to me so it now has sentimental value.
Plus what do you buy a miserable old git like me who has everything he needs and most things I want :grinning:

The shirt they got me was the Champions of Europe shirt from the season after we won it. It's not something I would have bought or even chosen but people I worked with gave it to me so it now has sentimental value.
Plus what do you buy a miserable old git like me who has everything he needs and most things I want :grinning:

A team that stays in the PL? :grinning:

I was given a Real Betis shirt last year when I stayed with a couple of big fans in Seville on AirBnb, said that I had to follow Betis (Think he was worried I’d be more into SeVILLA) and now I always look out for their results and watch the odd game. Was genuinely surprised and chuffed when he gave me one of his personal shirts and I’ve since sent a Villa top the other way which he loves.