Mings - Dean
Hause - Dean
Taylor - Bruce(?)

Douglas - Jesus
Drinkwater - Dean
Hourihane - Bruce(?)

Grealish
El Ghazi (Dean)

We look hopeless because we have a squad of crap players. The players have to change.

Would you want this squad and Mourinho, or a new squad and Dean?

Dean has got a new team, the fact the squad is crap is down to him and the recruitment team.

To be honest he hasn't got his own players he's still got the like of Lansbury Taylor Hourihane,Elmo Chester Nyland etc there again he doesn't have to play them I suppose When they've gone and the current bunch are only good enough for the bench we'll know if he can up his level

Most of the first 11 are his buys.

Well it seems people are very split on Deano and his future at the club. Personally I would be very surprised if he is still here this time next season. That being said all I care about is that we are still in a league a club of our stature deserves to be in. Whether we deserve to stay up based on the quality of our football is another matter and as things stand we simply don't. It pains me to say it but the guy looks increasingly out of his depth.

We are sleepwalking our way back to the chumps.

We are sleepwalking our way back to the chumps.

Indeed. Can you imagine supporters of Spurs, Everton etc putting up with their clubs consistently under performing in this league? Clubs that traditionally we have always competed with/ tussled with for European slots. We are nowhere near these clubs and let's be honest haven't been since MON left us in the lurch. Our name used to mean something to rival fans. We were a force to be reckoned with, a club that demanded respect and we fielded teams that the majority of teams we faced knew would have to be at the top of their game to stand a chance of getting a result.

Nowadays we are seen as no better than any of the bottom clubs scrapping to stay up every season and we have had that reputation for the last ten years.

Our tremendous, loyal fan base deserve so much better than this.

We are Aston Villa Football Club - we will always be the jewel in the crown of Midlands Football - both East and West.

I will continue to support the team no matter what. But I long for the day we remember our true position in English Football and conduct ourselves as such.

And I'm afraid we will all be waiting a while longer while Deano is still at the helm.

DS obviously has a number of factors not going his way so far this season - possibly forced non-PL experience in the dozen players we picked up in the Summer followed by some horrific injuries to some of our best players.

It's never going to be easy for him in those circumstances and I'm not willing to toss the baby out with the bathwater yet with respect to giving him the bullet, although the team selection against Citeh had my head in my hands I must admit.

TBF, you can't do ifs, buts and maybes on those four six-pointer games, we picked up 1.5 pts per game, period, and that's enough to see us safe this season - the next game being Leicester away where we did really well then Citeh when we were mullered.

I strongly suspect this will be the pattern for the rest of the season - there's too many destabilising factors already at play (new/young/inexperienced/injury replacement players) for it not to be in all fairness.

Someone may well be able to come in and do a New Broom and magically get us two points per game over the next few months but there's no guarantee of that, particularly with this selection of players to work with.

I expected ups and downs from the start of the season. Newly promoted, a load of new players, etc. Consistency is one of the harder things in this league; just look at most of the other teams. I didn't expect it of us. I think that'll be the pattern for the rest of the season; there's a possibility things might click enough to go on a run but I don't expect it.

But will we get enough points to survive? I think so. Not certain but I feel the odds are in favour of that. As it stands we only need to gain 1 point to get out of the drop zone, and there's several teams just above us who also are struggling.

Since 1st December under Deano.

Chelsea 2-1 defeat.

Thought we were poor overall, again another goal conceded just after HT and lacked belief which was surprising after a good performance in previous 2 games.

Leicester 4-1 defeat.

They opened us up whenever they wanted, managed to get a goal back just before HT but again another early goal after HT finished us off way later than it could have been.

Sheffield 2-0 defeat.

Awful performance, another goal conceded again just after HT.

Liverpool 5-0 win in cup.

Started shaky, Nyland made some fantastic saves but our players eventually punished the Liverpool kids.

Southampton 3-1 defeat.

Terrible performance, they could have had more which seemed amazing at the time – we looked all over the place.

Norwich 1-0 win.

Again we were poor but at least gave effort and worked hard to dig out a result but we were very very lucky.

Watford 3-0 defeat.

Beyond poor, it was embarrassing.

Burnley 2-1 win.

Much improved performance after recent games, played really well first half and could have had a few more – I did worry that we sat back second half and gave them a sniff back into the game.

Fulham 2-1 defeat.

Thought we were very poor again, lacking fight and creation.

Leicester 1-1 draw in cup.

Backs to the wall performance – fought hard to nick a draw.

Man City 6-1 defeat.

One of the worst performances I can remember – probably up there in top 5 since 1980, shambolic on and off the ball.

Our midfield made 4 attempts to tackle all game, they managed to pass the ball 873 times!

11 performances – of which I reckon 7 were awful, 1 win against kids, 1 half decent against Burnley and then 2 back to the wall dig ins that could have still gone the other way.

If remembering how big a club you should be was the easy ticket to the top some people are suggesting then the PL would look a lot different.

"Deano, you're out. We're getting Simeone in."
"Oh. Oh shit. Have... have you asked him?"
"Pft. Piss off Deano, we're Aston Villa mate. Now stop stalling and sling your hook. And don't even try to mention promotion..."

Last season I got thrown at me the following 2 statements from the pro Smith camp.

Wait until he has his own players and see the difference,

Give him time with them and see the difference his coaching skills make.

Well he has his own players and has had time to coach them but we are in the bottom 3 and look hopeless.

Something has to change.

Your calls for him to go last February were premature to say the least Fulford and I can’t remember you arguing he should have been sacked in May/June after he got us promotion. Whether you rate him or not, he has to be given credit for uniting the squad and the club last season. None of us want to be in the position we currently are. Sunday was shambolic and he’s certainly making a few questionable decisions but has he really been given the time you refer to? Last season he did improve the players we had...a run of ten wins in a row and promotion suggests he got a few things right. He’s now had just 5 months to mould a completely new squad bar one or two and losing key players to injury certainly hasn’t helped. There are two sides to every argument but all I see from your posts is criticism where he constantly gets pelters when we lose but rarely any positives when we win....that’s why you get, as you call them, ‘statements thrown at you from the pro Smith camp’. Got no problem with criticising the bloke when he deserves it, Sunday’s performance was not acceptable and team selection, tactics and game management can also be questioned at times but there’s nothing wrong with myself and others also trying to look for a few more positives when we feel they’re deserved rather than slating him at every opportunity. In 15 months he’s got a lot right. This season he’s struggling to get consistency in performances and results. The step up to the Prem was never going to be easy. I get he has to do better, as do the players but I dont believe he’s as useless as you think he is and sacking him now with so few alternatives to choose from would not be a sensible option.

Your calls for him to go last February were premature to say the least Fulford and I can’t remember you arguing he should have been sacked in May/June after he got us promotion. Whether you rate him or not, he has to be given credit for uniting the squad and the club last season. None of us want to be in the position we currently are. Sunday was shambolic and he’s certainly making a few questionable decisions but has he really been given the time you refer to? Last season he did improve the players we had...a run of ten wins in a row and promotion suggests he got a few things right. He’s now had just 5 months to mould a completely new squad bar one or two and losing key players to injury certainly hasn’t helped. There are two sides to every argument but all I see from your posts is criticism where he constantly gets pelters when we lose but rarely any positives when we win....that’s why you get, as you call them, ‘statements thrown at you from the pro Smith camp’. Got no problem with criticising the bloke when he deserves it, Sunday’s performance was not acceptable and team selection, tactics and game management can also be questioned at times but there’s nothing wrong with myself and others also trying to look for a few more positives when we feel they’re deserved rather than slating him at every opportunity. In 15 months he’s got a lot right. This season he’s struggling to get consistency in performances and results. The step up to the Prem was never going to be easy. I get he has to do better, as do the players but I dont believe he’s as useless as you think he is and sacking him now with so few alternatives to choose from would not be a sensible option.

You need to stop living in the past.

Becauae of the insults and digs and people taking my posts out of context and not reading them I'll say this last bit and then no more on this matter. I didn't want Smith, wasn't convinced with him in the chumpionship when we had him, fair play to him for the fantastic run and the promotion but the truth is if the people that run football weren't such money grubbing parasites we would still be in the championship as we finished 5th best in the league, as for players we have seen that the current lot are capable as we have almost got some good results from the big teams but VAR has screwed us over, the problem is Smith seems he can not motivate them, his team selection and tactics are awful, the subs 99% of the time are wrong and he just doesn't learn from the mistakes. Unless he drastically turns it around then he will not be here for long. Since he hasn't been sacked already I will not say anymore and will quietly back him. I really am praying he turns things around.

Indeed. Can you imagine supporters of Spurs, Everton etc putting up with their clubs consistently under performing in this league? .

So what have they won then ?.

And please don't come back with finishing 3rd or 4th crap because seeing as we are talking small time .....
To me that is the very definition of small time.

Basically. Show me your trophies Spurs and Everton or fcuk off.

Pellegrini anyone?

Top manager as he won the league with Citeh. We need a top manager .

Shame about Wet spam though.

Becauae of the insults and digs and people taking my posts out of context and not reading them I'll say this last bit and then no more on this matter. I didn't want Smith, wasn't convinced with him in the chumpionship when we had him, fair play to him for the fantastic run and the promotion but the truth is if the people that run football weren't such money grubbing parasites we would still be in the championship as we finished 5th best in the league, as for players we have seen that the current lot are capable as we have almost got some good results from the big teams but VAR has screwed us over, the problem is Smith seems he can not motivate them, his team selection and tactics are awful, the subs 99% of the time are wrong and he just doesn't learn from the mistakes. Unless he drastically turns it around then he will not be here for long. Since he hasn't been sacked already I will not say anymore and will quietly back him. I really am praying he turns things around.
I agree with a lot of what you say South Side Villan, but not all, however keep posting mate because it would be a pretty shit forum if we all banged on with the same opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.