Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 382 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

The immediate precursor was the attack on the US Embassy........

Erm, no. That was (apparently one of) the precursor(s) to the killing of Sulameini. If he hadn't been killed, then the Iranis wouldn't have done the (harmless) bombing, and likely wouldn't have shot down the aircraft.

To use your logic, the precursor to it all is the election of Trump!

.........The consequences so far have been insignificant - the tragic deployment of the aam aside, but that was unintentional. If either side wanted war then the recent acts would have been the ideal opportunity to declare it. Lots of posturing and threats, but it’s not being backed up with direct action......

As I've already said previously ............Yet.

............As for the end is nigh....you’re beginning to sound like Jock 😉

Read it again. I actually meant Trump's end. Tax declarations. Sex allegations. Impeachment. It's all getting too much for him. He's going to implode. Quite entertaining actually.

Read it again. I actually meant Trump's end. Tax declarations. Sex allegations. Impeachment. It's all getting too much for him. He's going to implode. Quite entertaining actually.

Ah, that makes sense. Mind you I also recall you being adamant Boris wouldn’t get a Brexit WA 😉

Erm, no. That was (apparently one of) the precursor(s) to the killing of Sulameini. If he hadn't been killed, then the Iranis wouldn't have done the (harmless) bombing, and likely wouldn't have shot down the aircraft.

To use your logic, the precursor to it all is the election of Trump!

The immediate, recent start of this spat was the targeting of the US embassy orchestrated apparently by Sulameini. The issue between Iran and the US goes back decades, but not sure you can blame the start of it on Trump all those years ago. Some will mind.

Ah, that makes sense. Mind you I also recall you being adamant Boris wouldn’t get a Brexit WA 😉

I admit, I underestimated him. Not for a second did I believe that he'd go back and accept a deal already rejected by May as crossing one of her red lines. I should have known that Johnson was sufficiently devious and duplicitous enough to do that.

..........The immediate, recent start of this spat was the targeting of the US embassy orchestrated apparently by Sulameini. The issue between Iran and the US goes back decades, but not sure you can blame the start of it on Trump all those years ago. Some will mind.
Again, ........nope. That was the precursor to Trump's attack........which in turn was the precursor to the bombings and the blowing up of the aircraft. If Trump hadn't responded to the Embassy issue, then that plane wouldn't have been blown up.

I know you don't want to admit it ......... but force yourself.
:halo:

I admit, I underestimated him. Not for a second did I believe that he'd go back and accept a deal already rejected by May as crossing one of her red lines. I should have known that Johnson was sufficiently devious and duplicitous enough to do that.

Again, ........nope. That was the precursor to Trump's attack........which in turn was the precursor to the bombings and the blowing up of the aircraft. If Trump hadn't responded to the Embassy issue, then that plane wouldn't have been blown up.

I know you don't want to admit it ......... but force yourself.

If we’re being technically correct - the precursor to the accidental launch was the Iranians sending mistakes into Iraq. If they hadn’t responded they wouldn’t have been in a heightened state of alertness. Tragic really.

If we’re being technically correct - the precursor to the accidental launch was the Iranians sending mistakes into Iraq. If they hadn’t responded they wouldn’t have been in a heightened state of alertness. Tragic really.

Errrm ........... isn't that what I said in the first place (post 7,596 on preceding page) ........ an action which put them on heightened alert ......... and maybe a little jumpy.

As for your first point about being "technically correct" ............. have you read through some of the posts on this thread !

;)

Errrm ........... isn't that what I said in the first place (post 7,596 on preceding page) ........ an action which put them on heightened alert ......... and maybe a little jumpy.

As for your first point about being "technically correct" ............. have you read through some of the posts on this thread !

;)

have you read through some of the posts on this thread !...........
He's no need to Moonay, don't u know MiW is always right ( was gonna put last 2 words in capitals but apparently that's a sign of having lost the argument)

I mean come on 10 dead Iranians & 176 passengers killed in plane crash. Didn't you know it's only a playground spat ffs!!!

;)

Indeed, and in the next post 7597, I too said they were responsible. I think it was your unusually poor grammar in that post that distracted me (them not their) 😉

At 6700 plus and counting, I’m not going back through the bloody thing!

have you read through some of the posts on this thread !...........
He's no need to Moonay, don't u know MiW is always right ( was gonna put last 2 words in capitals but apparently that's a sign of having lost the argument)

I mean come on 10 dead Iranians & 176 passengers killed in plane crash. Didn't you know it's only a playground spat ffs!!!

You seem somewhat salty Jock. Get over it.

Indeed, and in the next post 7597, I too said they were responsible. I think it was your unusually poor grammar in that post that distracted me (them not their) 😉

At 6700 plus and counting, I’m not going back through the bloody thing!

Erm, 7,597 was Jock's post. I think you mean 7,599. Are you related to Diane Abbott? ;)

As for the grammar, point taken, though I think the issue was "bombings" rather than "bombs". For "them" to have replaced "their", then it should have also been accompanied by "bombing" as opposed to "bombings".

Thank God we have no grammar police on this thread. :smoke: :cheers:

As for the thread (post count to one side), an opinion which is justified (ie, backed up) is good enough for me. On a subject like this (Iran, Brexit ........and other political stuff to be fair), it's not often that there's a "technically correct" position ........................ and it's rarely one taken by you anyway.

You seem somewhat salty Jock. Get over it.

Salty or sweet whatever way u want......just wonder what your reaction would be if you lost someone u knew to a terrorist incident!!!!....would you still class it as a playground spat....its not your take on it that bothers me as it's each to their own opinion, it's your belittling / trivalising of it with your terms....

Salty or sweet whatever way u want......just wonder what your reaction would be if you lost someone u knew to a terrorist incident!!!!....would you still class it as a playground spat....its not your take on it that bothers me as it's each to their own opinion, it's your belittling / trivalising of it with your terms....

It’s a free country Jock. I can make my own assessment and categorise it as I like. A targeted, precision military strike to take out a state sponsored terrorist, followed by a token gesture in response, is, in the grand scheme of ‘military conflict’, extremely minor and as such I’m happy with my categorisation of it as a playground spat. If you aren’t, then that’s your choice, but personally I feel that dramatising it and making it out to be bigger issue than what it is only raises tension and apprehension in those of a nervous deposition. The proxy attacks will undoubtedly continue at some point unless Iran have reassessed their approach, but they would have continued regardless of last weeks intervention.

Erm, 7,597 was Jock's post. I think you mean 7,599. Are you related to Diane Abbott? ;)

As for the grammar, point taken, though I think the issue was "bombings" rather than "bombs". For "them" to have replaced "their", then it should have also been accompanied by "bombing" as opposed to "bombings".

Thank God we have no grammar police on this thread. :smoke: :cheers:

As for the thread (post count to one side), an opinion which is justified (ie, backed up) is good enough for me. On a subject like this (Iran, Brexit ........and other political stuff to be fair), it's not often that there's a "technically correct" position ........................ and it's rarely one taken by you anyway.

Nowt wrong with our Diane Moonay 😳. Maths skills, taste in lovers, political ability aside. Take your word on the post number, I never checked, just assumed it was consecutive. Same with bombs/bombings I haven’t checked the context in the posts.

Edit. Sorry, appears forgot to send above last nite when I've gone to send below.

I note Iran have conceded responsibility for the airline missile strike. Unusual contrition for this regime. More evidence they are standing down perhaps and that the execution of the general may have the desired effect. Gives an insight I’d suggest that the military is poorly trained. Appears now the populace want that regime changed as they are kicking off. I suppose the question is does instability in Iran make the prospect of further conflict greater or less?

The significant news is NI Assembly reconvening. A knock on effect from Boris’s majority and a shakeup in NI itself. The left’s obsession with issues that don’t concern people continues unabated. The Big Ben Bong is a bit of fun, national pride. Not worth getting heated up about.

But the sweeping generalisations continue and lessons haven’t been learned. Meanwhile, it’s business as usual at the grassroots.