New player | Page 4 | Vital Football

New player

How can you be sure we missed out on Lafferty, maybe SE didn't want him.
Not sure that Evans would be moaning about the budget if he had not missed out on a player or players.Clearly we don't know who.Unless anything is confirmed. But we have almost certainly missed out on a player or players Evans has wanted to sign.

Seen a couple of FB/Twitter mentions of Blackburn's Dominic Samuels being linked with us. I have heard of him so it is probably tosh but just putting it out there.

Seen a couple of FB/Twitter mentions of Blackburn's Dominic Samuels being linked with us. I have heard of him so it is probably tosh but just putting it out there.

I think I this one has some credibility. My gut feel is 60/40 that we will sign him this week

If we were to sign Samuel again and he was as good as last time then we’ll be knocking on the door of the play offs in no time. Can’t see it happening though

If we were to sign Samuel again and he was as good as last time then we’ll be knocking on the door of the play offs in no time. Can’t see it happening though

was he really that good? I remember a couple of games thinking he was the business and then anonymous in others.

http://gillinghamfcscrapbook.co.uk/DisplayPlayer.php?playername=Samuel,Dominic

7 goals in 24 starts and 1 sub appearance for a high scoring team no better than what we currently have. There’s obviously more to a forward than their goal scoring stats of course but he’s not the finisher we’re wanting

Last edited:
was he really that good? I remember a couple of games thinking he was the business and then anonymous in others.

http://gillinghamfcscrapbook.co.uk/DisplayPlayer.php?playername=Samuel,Dominic

7 goals in 24 starts and 1 sub appearance for a high scoring team no better than what we currently have. There’s obviously more to a forward than their goal scoring stats of course but he’s not the fijisher

I must confess I thought the same about him back then, maybe (hopefully) it was just inexperience of youth. Although can’t believe it was only 4 years ago, seems a lot further back than that.
On his wiki page I notice he scored 6 in 13 for Coventry the season before he came to us.

Sounds like Samuel has had serious injuries. He had knee surgery 18 months prior to joining us and in July 2017 had a major anterior cruciate injury after scoring four goals in six games at Blackburn.

Sounds like Samuel has had serious injuries. He had knee surgery 18 months prior to joining us and in July 2017 had a major anterior cruciate injury after scoring four goals in six games at Blackburn.

Yeah, he did an ACL, but apparently has played this whole season in their u23’s and has scored loads.
A Blackburn fan said he currently has flu and missed the last game or 2. Dunno if true.

Yeah, he did an ACL, but apparently has played this whole season in their u23’s and has scored loads.
A Blackburn fan said he currently has flu and missed the last game or 2. Dunno if true.

Not a popular player with the fans at Blackburn. Was good initially over for a few games, showed promise but then faded; a description that might well sum up his spell at GFC. Struggles with consistency.
I wish him all the best, but I`d be (gladly, of course) very surprised if Dominic is the answer to our front-man, goal scoring problem.

The thing is, if we signed him, he would not be allowed to slacken off under Evans. Notice how Mandron was going to be sent out on loan if he didn't knuckle down. Evans unlike a lot of previous managers won't stand for lowering of standards