Bolton Mark 2 ? | Vital Football

Bolton Mark 2 ?

gw54

Vital Squad Member
Birmingham City charged with breaking P&S rules again. Looks like a points deduction for the second season running. So we might be visiting St Andrews twice next year as they are already in 18th place.

Being skint didn't stop them spending £6.3m on Ivan Sunjic in July.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ts-deduction-breaching/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

It is within the power of the FA to put a stop to this crazy spending in the Championship; points deductions should really focus these club's minds.

They're not really comparable. Birmingham aren't broke they just keep breaking the EFLs FFP rules with their overspending - as has the Thai owner of Sheffield Wednesday for example

Birmingham's Chinese owner is supposedly worth over £400m.

The whole of football in this country needs sorting out. Penalties including fixed point deductions across all divisions for missing games, non payment of players, and/or breaking profitability and sustainability rules should be adopted immediately.

At the moment gross mismanagement and blatant economic cheating continues, without the fear of sufficient financial or points penalties. Sadly, the influence of the "larger clubs" means that any retribution is unlikely to be fair across the entire league system.

The whole of football in this country needs sorting out. Penalties including fixed point deductions across all divisions for missing games, non payment of players, and/or breaking profitability and sustainability rules should be adopted immediately.

I'm sure we've been here before, but the EFL should be taking more control of the % of income that clubs may spend on player contracts - if they can get the clubs to agree to it, of course.

At my other club, in Spain, they currently can't sign any players in this window unless they can show they've deposited 1m euros in capital or player sales. That's because their allowance for player salaries was all used up in August.

It's alright, though, at least Shaun Harvey wasn't paid an obscene amount, say, £1m, in his final year of employment.

I'm amazed HMRC haven't come down on Southend's Chairman yet because he's late with their payments most months and clears just before the court date, using them effectively as a lending facility.

It's alright, though, at least Shaun Harvey wasn't paid an obscene amount, say, £1m, in his final year of employment.

I'm amazed HMRC haven't come down on Southend's Chairman yet because he's late with their payments most months and clears just before the court date, using them effectively as a lending facility.

With penalty costs,interest and court/legal fees it would be a very expensive form of finance.