Macclesfield | Vital Football

Macclesfield

Docked 6 points for not paying wages and not playing Crewe!. Will Notlob (ex prem tossers) be worried?

I thought they had a suspended points deduction?
The EFL are not covering themselves in glory are they.

Were Macc dealt with by an independent panel?

Tbh, I think the EFL have made this decision with half an eye on the appeal of the independent ruling of the Bolton one.

This is effectively backing up what they think Bolton should get.

Tbh, I think the EFL have made this decision with half an eye on the appeal of the independent ruling of the Bolton one.

This is effectively backing up what they think Bolton should get.

Well hopefully.
Still doesn't explain why Macclesfield do receive the entirely correct punishment and are dealt with in 10 days or so, whereas Bolton's worse offences are ignored totally for many months and then they receive an effective zero punishment from the same EFL. It all makes no sense whatsoever

Well hopefully.
Still doesn't explain why Macclesfield do receive the entirely correct punishment and are dealt with in 10 days or so, whereas Bolton's worse offences are ignored totally for many months and then they receive an effective zero punishment from the same EFL. It all makes no sense whatsoever

Bolton are a big club, Macclesfield aren't. From the perspective of those that run the game, it makes perfect sense.

The once great game of football is in a right two and eight . One word ......money imo. Some have to much , some not enough . More a business not a sport.

Maybe this is why Bolton seem to have received preferential treatment from the FA

If that is the case it's a quite clear conflict of interest. Any direct involvement in these cases - they are all related, they all impact on Notlob - or any indirect lobbying is a clear breach of his professional code of conduct, which the SRA should be acting upon with a likelihood of him being struck off.

Mentioning Bolton, I see they have sorted things out with FGR regarding Doidge. Also, that Doidge won some sort of player of the month award in the SPL.