Bury | Page 107 | Vital Football

Bury

The key paragraph for me in that article:

"A study of the club's accounts showed "the rapidly worsening financial situation" of Bury and revealed that promotion from League Two last season was achieved by "clearly trading outside" the competition's spending rules."

I can't see where these MPs are coming from with this really

The key paragraph for me in that article:

"A study of the club's accounts showed "the rapidly worsening financial situation" of Bury and revealed that promotion from League Two last season was achieved by "clearly trading outside" the competition's spending rules."

I can't see where these MPs are coming from with this really

Suppose the moral of the tale is if the sport can’t manage itself competently, then you end up with some MPs telling you what to do, whether you like their conclusions or not.

Can't argue with the 3 points under "financial rules". I hope they implement the same ideas with PL clubs, but very much doubt it!
The "football creditors" rule is something that just stinks to high heaven. Maybe if clubs weren't certain to be at the front of the queue they would think twice before dealing with these people!!

Let's be honest if our Parliament intervenes all that will happen is

1. They will dither about and not decide anything,
2. They will shout at each other a lot,
3. Not respect any democratic decision,
4. Never answer a question but talk about something totally irrelavent.
5. Call everybody honourable when they have none themselves
6. Be rude and heckle and shout when somebody else is speaking
7. Have no resect for anybody else's point of view if it doesn't agree with their own.

One thing they will be certain and decisive about is putting in their expenses claims!

Not having read the finer details I think that Bury AFC is not quite the phoenix club we've seen arise from the demise of Aldershot Newport etc....but an alternative club. With the winding up petition being dismissed in the high court there is a possibility that they might end up with 2 clubs as Bury FC still exists just not as a league club

This is still all a bit messy. Yes this is a brand new and newly formed club as NWCL say, but as Sedgley says above the old club still exists as there has been no closure on their situation.

2 clubs is the last thing they need.

This is still all a bit messy. Yes this is a brand new and newly formed club as NWCL say, but as Sedgley says above the old club still exists as there has been no closure on their situation.

2 spades would be more appropriate. They have two hearts, they need two diamonds.

...there is a possibility that they might end up with 2 clubs as Bury FC still exists just not as a league club

Isn't that what happened in Boston back in the 1960s when Boston FC was formed because it was thought Boston United was about to go out of business?

Good luck to them . I hope its approved . Incidentally FC Isle of Man have also applied for tge NWCL .

Ooh now that's interesting news!!
Will look forward to a 2nd trip to Douglas.

And follows on from Guernsey and now Jersey entering island teams in English pyramid.
This is Jersey's first such season, and they currently top the Combined Counties Lge Div One with a 100% win record to date, and pulling in crowds of over 600 at home.
Expect them to catch up with Guernsey in a couple of seasons time. Chatted a lot with the Jersey supporters at the Island Games back in June on Anglesey.

Not much option really given the owner they have of the original club..

Not much option really given the owner they have of the original club..

Slightly similar situation going on at Bangor City.
Crap owner owns original club (Mr Vaughan who previously killed off Chester City).
Supporters are now running their own club due to giving up on all the shenanigans with main club...demotion, points off, electric cut off, locked out of ground etc etc.

Slightly similar situation going on at Bangor City.
Crap owner owns original club (Mr Vaughan who previously killed off Chester City).
Supporters are now running their own club due to giving up on all the shenanigans with main club...demotion, points off, electric cut off, locked out of ground etc etc.

Vaughn and family are serial offenders. These people need to be banned from football.

Listened to an interesting interview on the radio with Lisa Nandy, she is the Labour MP from Wigan who may stand in the Labour leadership contest. She used the demise of Bury FC as an example of how the authorities didnt help and just stood by and let a good club like Bury fold leading to a further collapse of the community feeling in Northern towns. She failed to mention the corrupt and rank bad financial management by the owner and the spending of money he didn’t have that many would call cheating was the reason for the situation. She has the credentials to go to the very top of her party.