How much will he increase the ticket prices? | Page 2 | Vital Football

How much will he increase the ticket prices?

I think that cheaper ticket prices for the Cardiff game woulg have had a negligible impact on the attendance.

I was just gently challenging those posters who seem to feel that the club is some kind of charity.
I genuinely think that people were put off by ticket price hikes. I know a number of people who fancied it then the ticket prices were raised.

I cant remember the actual prices to be honest, so cant do the maths of what up lift in sales/attendance we'd have needed to make more money but my suspicion is that it would have been pretty plausible. I think he expected to sell out regardless and didt expect demand to be so low.

Youll know i always look at the financials seriously and dont expect the club to give every ticket for a fiver etc. I think the clubs probably lost money on the season tickets this year unfortunately. Largely down to the lovell, and them steve evans decision and timing of it, might i add.

I think that cheaper ticket prices for the Cardiff game woulg have had a negligible impact on the attendance.

I was just gently challenging those posters who seem to feel that the club is some kind of charity.

I wasn't suggesting that they GIVE the tickets away.

Obviously, any extra expense (policing, etc) would justify a modest increase but opportunistic profiteering at the expense of the fans is another thing all together.

West Ham will obviously be a bigger draw than Cardiff would ever have been due to the local connections but even their first team is not exactly star studded these days, Their biggest names are workhorses like Declan Rice and Mark Noble.

It probably will be a sell out but if the prices are hiked too high Scally should have no complaints if some tickets go unsold

I did read on Twitter the maximum we can charge away fans is £25, but that may have been a post from a hopeful West Ham fan.

The Cardiff price hike was £3 a ticket if I remember correctly. Even on a sell out I don't think the difference would line anyones pockets.

You could argue it both ways. For that money was it really worth Scally doing it vs if someone really genuinely wanted to go would they have quibbled about a minor one off increase.

I think West ham are a different proposition in either case, a bigger name than Cardiff, and local so bigger away following and interest from our own fans.

I reckon it'll be another £25 game, and close to a sell out but maybe not completely.

The Cardiff price hike was £3 a ticket if I remember correctly. Even on a sell out I don't think the difference would line anyones pockets.

You could argue it both ways. For that money was it really worth Scally doing it vs if someone really genuinely wanted to go would they have quibbled about a minor one off increase.

I think West ham are a different proposition in either case, a bigger name than Cardiff, and local so bigger away following and interest from our own fans.

I reckon it'll be another £25 game, and close to a sell out but maybe not completely.

Pretty much agree with that. I wasn’t impressed with the price hike for Cardiff as I simply didn’t see it as in the best long term interests of the club. I think West Ham is a far more attractive fixture and I would back Scally increasing prices beyond £25.