The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 23 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Whoever posted that Bowen only follows AVFC on his Instagram is absolutely correct I was sad enough to check. Is it coincidence? The kid is class and he’s only 22.

He had a successfu Trial at villa but then joined Hereford as an apprentice as that was his local club. Someone mentioned his dad is a villa fan.

Well if he's better than our current wide/forward players then he'll improve us.
Not quite sure he has to be the new Messi to achieve that tbh.
It would at least spare the search for youtube highlights from the Belgian and Turkish leagues .

Come January I personally would like to see Olivie Giroud in a villa shirt,he's crying out for game time.with big Wes not even firing blanks as he does more running about than a headless chicken it's time for a proven prem scorer and giroud fits the bill.

Im not sure any of them are the answer.

I would rather us loan someone who is proven at the highest level and see where we are at the end of the season.

Yes Fulford . Been saying this for a couple of weeks. Anyone in mind?. I have....

I don’t follow Hull closely at all but Bowen seems to be scoring every week and he’s not even a striker which seems like an indicator that he should be playing at a higher level than the championship but time will tell as I’m sure someone will come in for him at some point.

We do need a winger and if he has some ties to the club then it’s quite easy to see where the rumours come from

I’ve posted this before so I’m at the risk of boring you all, it’s not just about Bowen’s goals (which are very good for a winger predominately), he is direct and plays closer to the striker than any of our current wingers do.

He’s a different player to El Ghazi and Trez in my opinion, and one that we desperately need unless we want to see Wes isolated for the rest of the season. A natural goalscorer surely takes the pressure of Wes?

Bowen is from Leominster which isn’t too far from where I’m from originally so I’ve followed him quite closely since he scored for us a few seasons ago and like the way he plays. He’s a Dean Smith player.

I wasn’t fussed about Maupay but Bowen is a great fit. We missed out on a young Tim Cahill but struck gold with a young Ashley Young. Bowen won’t cost a fortune in today’s money (perhaps £10-£15m) so is worth the gamble.