Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Rotherham United

The dismal run under the Cowleys left us with too much to do in a tough group.

But that was an assured performance.

Should have had more time added on for their keeper’s time wasting.

Ahh well. Let’s get through in the FA Cup next week. And get back to winning in the league.

That was a fantastic team performance and really unlucky that the 4th goal didn't quite come
Huge morale boost though to get a great win under our belts
Every player did well which will give MA some selection considerations for Saturday
Gotta mention Connelly at the back whose positional sense and timing of the tackles in the second half were superb
£10 well spent on IFollow tonight

A win is a win..................confidence booster.

we needed that tonight..............plus 3 goals and a clean sheet.
MA`s SECOND WIN
Well done Michael,i will sink one of your favourites tonight(peroni)

ps. never wanted to go back to Wembley anyhow.

Sounds like tonight was as good as we could have expected even if it wasn't what we could have hoped for. All very positive and hopefully a corner turned.

A win is a win..................confidence booster.

we needed that tonight..............plus 3 goals and a clean sheet.
MA`s SECOND WIN
Well done Michael,i will sink one of your favourites tonight(peroni)

ps. never wanted to go back to Wembley anyhow.

We'll need to make sure we avoid the Play Offs Final then ?

That was a fantastic team performance and really unlucky that the 4th goal didn't quite come
Huge morale boost though to get a great win under our belts
Every player did well which will give MA some selection considerations for Saturday
Gotta mention Connelly at the back whose positional sense and timing of the tackles in the second half were superb
£10 well spent on IFollow tonight
Agree with all of that, good value for my tenner.

I suggested, not in an entirely complementary way, that Everton had loaned us Connelly as they weren't sure if he was a midfielder or defender and the jury was still out based on performances in both roles here. An assured performance tonight, marshalling a young and unfamiliar defence, starts to answer the question in a positive way. I'd be inclined to start him on Saturday despite Bolger being available again.

Melbourne was none too shabby alongside him, too.

making lots of decent chances, as well as scoring three.
hesketh had one at the end, walker from the grant freekick, walker mistimed his break away by a fraction, payne free kick, payne shot saved. grant through on goal and shot straight at the keeper.

pett back
freck back
coker back.

and kept a clean sheet.
lots of good signs in the way the team are playing.

Michael Appleton's record is interesting to date: P9 W2 D3 L4 F8 A8

In that time, we have played Rotherham, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Peterborough, five of the top sides in League One (plus 'Manchester United'). And the final game before he took over, we lost 6-0 at home.

So, we don't score many, and don't concede many - he has made us hard to beat, as he said he would. And if we can start converting a few more chances, it could be quite exciting again.