Brexit and football | Page 9 | Vital Football

Brexit and football

I will die when the good lord calls me until then I will continue to do what I want, when I want. I am old enough to recall the likes of Corbyn and his ilk causing wars and general mayhem in the world, but I can certainly inform you that folks of my age group will do everything in their political power to avert the disaster that awaits us if Corbyn is elected. Until then, to actually advocate me to die is imo just a little over the top .
Have a good day.
So no disaster over the last 10 years then. Enjoy your Daily Mail.

Corbyn caused wars back in the olden days, did he?
Must be why he is now famous for being non-interventionist and got some prizes for peace and disarmament.

Causing wars, indeed. There's plenty to criticize but causing wars does sound a bit silly.
Wasn't it Thatcher who drove the Falklands war so she could get re-elected? Suez was Anthony Eden? Churchill wanted to follow through on Russia after the Nazis were beaten. Are these "Corbyn's ilk"? Interesting to see how the billionaire owned press has misled so many.

Wasn't it Thatcher who drove the Falklands war so she could get re-elected? Suez was Anthony Eden? Churchill wanted to follow through on Russia after the Nazis were beaten. Are these "Corbyn's ilk"? Interesting to see how the billionaire owned press has misled so many.

Thatcher probably got re-elected because of the Falklands, but she didn't start the war and freed an island that had been invaded by a foreign power, assuming we wouldn't have the nerve to actually protect the land and freedoms of hundreds of people who lived there.

Thatcher probably got re-elected because of the Falklands, but she didn't start the war and freed an island that had been invaded by a foreign power, assuming we wouldn't have the nerve to actually protect the land and freedoms of hundreds of people who lived there.
Not convinced you can call Argentina a 'foreign power' in the context of the Falklands, although I do support the rights of the Falkland islanders to belong to whichever country they want

He'll probably send you a link to the Canary and call it fact.

Da Fuq and evidence have something of a casual relationship.

A poster actually married to a Jewish woman tells him there is a problem, DF tells him he's wrong

I would normally include the laughing smiley here, but it's really not funny at all

He'll probably send you a link to the Canary and call it fact.

Da Fuq and evidence have something of a casual relationship.

A poster actually married to a Jewish woman tells him there is a problem, DF tells him he's wrong

I would normally include the laughing smiley here, but it's really not funny at all
There are thousands of Jewish Labour supporters.
The smear is against Corbyn. The smear is against the Labour movement and the working class. The smear comes from billionaires and is funded by the monied elites and designed to be spread by meme (and I don't mean cute cat pics)

I have been a Labour party member and activist since the 1980s and I have NEVER experienced antisemitism within.the party. I have experienced stupid things said about the Middle East and ill -informed views on foreign policy, but certainly no (intentional) antisemitism or hatred of Jews. I am in a unique position to experience it and believe me I would be shouting from the roofs if I saw it.

But the memes of antisemitism abound now, ask yourself why? Ask yourself who they benefit? And please stop casually spreading them.

The smear is against Corbyn. The smear is against the Labour movement and the working class. The smear comes from billionaires and is funded by the monied elites and designed to be spread by meme (and I don't mean cute cat pics)

I have been a Labour party member and activist since the 1980s and I have NEVER experienced antisemitism within.the party. I have experienced stupid things said about the Middle East and ill -informed views on foreign policy, but certainly no (intentional) antisemitism or hatred of Jews. I am in a unique position to experience it and believe me I would be shouting from the roofs if I saw it.

But the memes of antisemitism abound now, ask yourself why? Ask yourself who they benefit? And please stop casually spreading them.

Sexually abused child becoming an abusive adult?

Fucking hell you're joking? Go on Facebook follow Momentum and offshoot pages and its absolutely full of anti-Israel rhetoric. I read a guy called Neil Murphy saying Iran should finish off the job Hitler started and he got more likes than one of CPs fans comments posts. Theres a huge problem with antisemitism in the party and they've even acknowledged that

Fucking hell you're joking? Go on Facebook follow Momentum and offshoot pages and its absolutely full of anti-Israel rhetoric. I read a guy called Neil Murphy saying Iran should finish off the job Hitler started and he got more likes than one of CPs fans comments posts. Theres a huge problem with antisemitism in the party and they've even acknowledged that
Facebook comments are not "the Labour party" Facebook is not the Labour party. Facebook groups are not the Labour party. Who is Neill Murphy? "Israel" is a country with an extreme right wing government not the Jewish community. I am Jewish but not a spokesman for the Jewish community.

Are you a member of the Labour party? Have you attended meetings?

I am not saying there is no antisemitism or there is no antisemitism on the left even, (although there is a fucking site more on the right) I am saying as a long term Labour member who has attended meetings and worked on campaigns, I have NEVER experienced it there.

I have a great deal of sympathy with those concerned about the direction the Israeli state takes. Anti-Zionism isn't the same as anti-semitism and the two are often conflated, however that doesn't mean there aren't issues. The way they've been addressed hasn't been wholly convincing either.

Nor does acknowledging those issues diminish the at times rampant Xenophobia in the Tory party.

Labour candidate recently deselected for comparing Istael to an abused child now abusing it's children...
Well that is as it should be, no? I have been working in Canada (Mostly) for the last decade, so I am somewhat out of the loop. But still it does not change what I have experienced: Essentially, Labour is not an anti-semitic organization, and I have not experienced anti-semitism personally in the Labour party. (Likewise I have not experienced it in the NDP here in Canada).

In my opinion, antisemitism has been weaponized by the right to use against the left. It is not (only) members of the Jewish community that are throwing these accusations at Labour / Corbyn. Most of it (in my opinion) comes from right wingers and those seeking to harm the the left.

The papers (and newsfeeds) are full of it. Every uninformed little racist fart who was spouting bigotry and calling for deporting foreigners and saluting the UVF flag a few months ago, is now throwing up their hands in shock at the antisemitic nature of the Labour Party by the sounds of it.

I will be the first calling for any member of the Labour party to be deselected / expelled for racist / homophobic / sexist / anti-semetic shit. But where is the equal outcry for (leaders) of political parties to be deselected / expelled for Islamophobic / Racist / sexist / Homophobic statements?

Last edited:
If the implication is that anti-semitism is being tolerated/harboured in Labour, these two cases (however questionable) were dealt with immediately.