Corbyn’s wacky far left policies | Page 2 | Vital Football

Corbyn’s wacky far left policies

Agree, small point but trafficking can occur when a person is persuaded to go somewhere of their own free will but things are different when they get there.
Again, I'd say that she and her friends travelled in full knowledge.
It was that Isis were dislodged from their caliphate that altered her position.

You could read the LibDem manifesto issued to-day. Undemocratically ending Brexit is Bollox. The LibDems could only end Brexit if they won a majority in Parliament; then it wouldn't be undemocratic would it?

I could read it but cannot find it anywhere - is it out there somewhere or not due yet.

Abolishing public schools is not Labour policy and will not be in their manifesto.

All 3 main parties are promising spending that will require a wider tax take than we have ben prepared to sign up for very many years.

If it's open season on pointing out how looney some policy ideas are then here are some swimming about in toryland. Bridgen, Rees Mogg & co still want all of this:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/city-news/adrian-beecroft-the-aston-martin-fanatic-845651

I don't think that children should be allowed to vote.
18 is the correct age.

Perhaps they need to standardise on when you become an adult. You can't drink until you are 18 or vote, however you can pay full fare on an airline and pay tax (if you earn enough). You can join the army at 16, the navy at 16 years 6 months but you can't vote.

Although if you are a Tory member you get to be one of the fraction of people in the country who get to elect the new PM (twice recently).

I'd say its screwed up world but then I just saw the video of Trumps private pastor and that beats anything our screwed up politics could come up with.

Back to the OP my main issue with Corbyns far left politics is paying for it.

Nationalisation of power, water, trains etc. sounds like a great idea rather than pay shareholder divis but that won't come cheap.

More money for this and more money for that. You can tax the arse off the rich but they are clever enough to pay an accountant to avoid it (legally of course). If you make it too difficult then people simply more off shore (bit like Dyson) and take most of the jobs with them. These billionaires (and I agree individuals do not need to be that wealthy) tend to employ hundreds or thousands of people.

However we do need a fairer society, people shouldn't be homeless and reliant on foodbanks in the one of the worlds largest economies. I don't think I associate Tories with fairness so they need to be gone. Just not convinced by having Corbyn as their replacement. Swinton cannot be PM, she simply will not swing the numbers required so she will end up doing a deal like the DUP.

If Corbyn follows through on his views of the defence industry then I will probably be unemployed along with tens of thousands in the supply chain as well so its hard to back him but in all honesty I feel strongly enough that we need to get the tories out that I am likely to do that (not but it will matter in Medway). The people of medway like their politics blue if not their football team.

Again, I'd say that she and her friends travelled in full knowledge.
It was that Isis were dislodged from their caliphate that altered her position.
Full knowledge? Really? A fifteen year old?
You have no idea what you are talking about but don't worry, I only have 34 years' experience of teaching that age group so I know nothing compared to you.

We need a social credit system for voting. The more points you accumulate, the more votes you get, but some of them expire over time so you can't just sit on your big fat, social credit arse. Every time a new government got in there'd be a massive re-design of the points system so no one would be left out in the cold permanently. Owning property, creating jobs, buying season tickets, going to meetings, chairing meetings, stopping home, minding your own business, drinking real ale, guitar chords learned, bad habits given up -they could all be in the mix. I think it would bring meaning back into politics.

Full knowledge? Really? A fifteen year old?
You have no idea what you are talking about but don't worry, I only have 34 years' experience of teaching that age group so I know nothing compared to you.
We'll, at least we can agree on that.
Exactly why children should not be given the vote

Back to the OP my main issue with Corbyns far left politics is paying for it.

Nationalisation of power, water, trains etc. sounds like a great idea rather than pay shareholder divis but that won't come cheap.

More money for this and more money for that. You can tax the arse off the rich but they are clever enough to pay an accountant to avoid it (legally of course). If you make it too difficult then people simply more off shore (bit like Dyson) and take most of the jobs with them. These billionaires (and I agree individuals do not need to be that wealthy) tend to employ hundreds or thousands of people.

However we do need a fairer society, people shouldn't be homeless and reliant on foodbanks in the one of the worlds largest economies. I don't think I associate Tories with fairness so they need to be gone. Just not convinced by having Corbyn as their replacement. Swinton cannot be PM, she simply will not swing the numbers required so she will end up doing a deal like the DUP.

If Corbyn follows through on his views of the defence industry then I will probably be unemployed along with tens of thousands in the supply chain as well so its hard to back him but in all honesty I feel strongly enough that we need to get the tories out that I am likely to do that (not but it will matter in Medway). The people of medway like their politics blue if not their football team.
Fair points markinkent. Understandably reticent about Corbyn and ott spending hopes but the alternative is worse.

In his speech at the Labour conference (great speech, btw) Corbyn outlines a number of ideas and possible policies. I thought they were great but I can imagine that some arseholes might dismiss them as 'wacky far left policies'.

They included:
- Refusing to sell off the NHS
- insisting that the pharmaceutical companies make their drugs affordable and if they refuse to then establishing a national company that makes generic versions of the drugs that are affordable for the NHS.
- Establishing a National Care Service.
- Reinstating free education for all.
- Nationalising all key services including rail, mail, water and power.
- increasing taxes for the richest 5% of the population.
- offering the nation a proper democratic option to either reaffirm or change their position the Brexit in the light of the last three years of bullshit.

Although a million homes over ten years struck me. That's 12 homes an hour for ten years. Call me cynical.....

Although a million homes over ten years struck me. That's 12 homes an hour for ten years. Call me cynical.....

That’s one new home every 5 minutes. Utterly ridiculous and impossible. Unless they’re going to be built simultaneously rather than one at a time.

c.160,000 new homes were built in 2018 according to this article

http://www.nhbc.co.uk/media-centre/articles/statistics/2018-annual-stats/

Hammond’s 2017 budget talked about building 300,000 new homes a year:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42043084

Your post is in good company as it fails to highlight any wacky far left policies.

Wait for franchises to expire or get the loss makers on the cheap
Dyson never employed many in the UK or are you referring to benefactors such as Mike Ashley and others who rely on zero-hours contracts. Is taxing the arse off people in the Labour manifesto or just in-built bias on your part. the Tory mantra is don't tax the rich but hit those on benefits - someone even suggested they should be put down.
However we do need a fairer society, people shouldn't be homeless and reliant on foodbanks in the one of the worlds largest economies. I don't think I associate Tories with fairness so they need to be gone.
You're almost contradicting what you wrote in the previous paragraph. There are no other parties out there other than those now in the running.
Much of our defence industry is based on arms exports. OK, if we don't sell arms abroad someone will. Our involvement in conflicts is reducing all the time to the extent we'll only need a defence capability.

Nothing wacky about building considerably more homes but It costs a lot and requires political will and a good number of them need to be what we used to call council housing. Anyone denying any of that is either wacky, or not telling the truth.

https://fullfact.org/economy/house-building-england/

The really wacky overall policy , pursued by most recent governments, has been to rely on consumer spending. That is why we have really stupid levels of personal debt, which have contributed to many of our wider problems. Time for governments to take responsibility for the things that only they do effectively, be honest about the costs and get doing.

Surely the Labour massive borrowing model is copied from most teams in the Premier League. You borrow as much as possible as long as you can afford the loan (debt ) repayments. It only goes horribly wrong if you get relegated and the income drops. There will, unfortunately, be no parachute payments available to the UK if it goes tits up.

Difficult knowing who`s wackier than whom in the current political climate. For me, the Tory`s have been very wacky in their nonsensical shutting down, in the name of austerity, of effective emergency services and healthcare; Shameful.

On the other side of the coin, I`m concerned about the wacky security position we could find ourselves in if Mr Corbyn becomes PM. The unthinkable, in terms of withdrawal of key intelligence sharing by the U.S., could actually manifest under a Corbyn led Govt. This would be disastrous.

Then there`s Ms Swinson, who`s been convinced that the Country is gullible enough to think that she`s honouring a cause rather than simply looking to exploit it to increase her number of parliamentary seats.

I`ve never known such a self serving bunch of inept, discreditable, untrustworthy politicians than the collective that currently seek our votes.

I`m tempted not to vote. Where is the middle ground ? By alluding to wacky policies, this thread actually resonates across the current political spectrum, not just Labour. Currently, there`s something seriously wrong and wacky with politics in general. And I haven`t even mentioned the vile, vitriol nature of political "discussion" that is now the norm among the our honourable gentlemen and women. It`s all far too wacky !!!!