Christian Eriksen - Player Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

Christian Eriksen - Player Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be playing better months ago, to make me want to look forward to him performing regularly with the three you mention. When Eriksen goes, I would want someone who has a more exceptional array of skills and offers more than Alli. Fernandes would be my choice.

I'm a big fan of Fernandes but think we've blown our chances of landing him with the first half of season form. I'm not sure why he would come to us now.

As for Dele, if he doesn't break again this side of Xmas, I think we'll all be happy with him again.

I'm expecting that we won't see the best of Dele until he gets to play with Lo Celso, Ndombele and Kane regularly. We need our intelligent footballers to play together.
Totally agree. When we were at our best - that distant memory - Kane, Eriksen, Dele and Son (and Lamela sometimes) had an almost telepathic understanding. They used to torture defences with their intricate passing, movement and ball control, in and around the penalty area. And then there was Dembele probing behind. The possession stats were meaningful then - it was usually deep in the opponents half.

I'm a big fan of Fernandes but think we've blown our chances of landing him with the first half of season form. I'm not sure why he would come to us now.

As for Dele, if he doesn't break again this side of Xmas, I think we'll all be happy with him again.

We really haven't. He still wants to come to us.

Great news. I look forward to seeing him on the official website on 1st Jan.

We have a banging of heads to get over - they still want 70+ mill Euro's for him - I am completely unconvinced that we'll readily pay it and even if we do, whether they'll allow him to leave in Jan - guess we will know soon enough!

that depends. He might be our Ndombele of 2020.

That was truly harsh of Father "Ex"mas. He's sort of promised you a new BMX for Xmas and now all your mates will have to pick you back up when you only get an Eriksen signed shirt. I'm there to help you manage expectations :-)

Personally if I were Fernandez I wouldn't join us. I would be worried that all I would get playing wise for no the would be a few mins here and there, hope I am wrong cos I think he is a great player.

As for eriksen, I would leave him to rot , so that he doesn't allow his malaise to effect others....

Personally if I were Fernandez I wouldn't join us. I would be worried that all I would get playing wise for no the would be a few mins here and there, hope I am wrong cos I think he is a great player.

As for eriksen, I would leave him to rot , so that he doesn't allow his malaise to effect others....

Not exactly sure who would want to a join a club headed towards relegation quick at the moment. We need to improve and QUICK in order to attract quality.

Oh yeah there is also that fact that MP is retarded and we have plenty of want aways still on the roster.

Because I love you guys...Latest player rankings I saw...give MP a 8 and Eriksen a 7...

Discuss amongst yourselves!

Our opening bid will be £10m up front, another £30m payable over 25 years and a once off payment of £40m if we do the quadruple.

Well we got up to 45 mill + 20 mill of add-on's in the summer (even if the goals for the add-on payments were a bit of a stretch - but it did show Levy's ambition!)...

They don't need to sell, so it's going to be a tough deal to get over the line.

If he proves he's a great player, Poch will play in him into the ground - where have you been the last 5 years!?! :thumbup:

Well we got up to 45 mill + 20 mill of add-on's in the summer (even if the goals for the add-on payments were a bit of a stretch - but it did show Levy's ambition!)...

But their executive did say they did really well to keep him at the club. I almost felt it was almost resignation from him that he's leaving at some point soon.

If it meant securing him for the next 5 years, I'd be happy for him to finish the season there knowing he's ours in the summer. That's never a bad outcome with long term progress in mind.

But their executive did say they did really well to keep him at the club. I almost felt it was almost resignation from him that he's leaving at some point soon.

If it meant securing him for the next 5 years, I'd be happy for him to finish the season there knowing he's ours in the summer. That's never a bad outcome with long term progress in mind.

Interestingly, since the move collapsed - he's been far from convincing for them - on purpose, or just another poor player reaction to no getting his way?

If he proves he's a great player, Poch will play in him into the ground - where have you been the last 5 years!?! :thumbup:
Problem is tho, he has to get a first game, then a 2nd and so on, to have any chance of proving anything, and even if he does prove it OR do something exceptional like scoring a hat trick in a CL semi final, no guarantee he will be playing in the next game.......so he has to go thru all of that - before he gets played into the ground!

We have a banging of heads to get over - they still want 70+ mill Euro's for him - I am completely unconvinced that we'll readily pay it and even if we do, whether they'll allow him to leave in Jan - guess we will know soon enough!

I don't believe those statements of our bid our accurate, I think Varandas is being a little cheeky there. Maybe the core payment was 45m, and maybe there was 20m in add ons, but NO WAY that 20m was all for winning the Prem AND the CL. Some of it, sure, but almost all of the add ons were based upon easily attainable player performance metrics. Common practice as you know.

I beleive the fee has already been agreed (more near 65m w all add ons), and being that terms with the player were agreed in the Summer, all that's left are a few small bits.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Spurs younger/youth player or two go the other way on loan.

Varandas is concerned about the replacement, so until they have a plan for that, Bruno will be stewing. And stewing he is.

Btw, we may have made the official bid to get the player a few million in his pocket, and that cemented the relationship with him. I'd say its about 70/30 positive for the Winter window, and about 97/3 if we have to wait for Summer.

I don't believe those statements of our bid our accurate, I think Varandas is being a little cheeky there. Maybe the core payment was 45m, and maybe there was 20m in add ons, but NO WAY that 20m was all for winning the Prem AND the CL. Some of it, sure, but almost all of the add ons were based upon easily attainable player performance metrics. Common practice as you know.

I beleive the fee has already been agreed (more near 65m w all add ons), and being that terms with the player were agreed in the Summer, all that's left are a few small bits.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Spurs younger/youth player or two go the other way on loan.

Varandas is concerned about the replacement, so until they have a plan for that, Bruno will be stewing. And stewing he is.

Btw, we may have made the official bid to get the player a few million in his pocket, and that cemented the relationship with him. I'd say its about 70/30 positive for the Winter window, and about 97/3 if we have to wait for Summer.

You're right that an additional 20 mill was NOT just for the winning the CL - I'm reliably informed t made about a quarter of the add-ons and that is actually pretty normal percentage of an add-on i.e. bonus's for winning competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.