The Anwar El Ghazi Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Anwar El Ghazi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. His assist for Wesley's first goal on Saturday was sublime, great vision, great skill. Started with his back to goal, don't think he really knew where Wes was, just knew where he had to put the ball. That's real class; it's a killer for the opposition.

He's had poor moments, but we're seeing a player who's confidence in what he's doing is improving all the time, and he has the sort of attacking mindset which Dean wants.

He's a game changer. He isn't Paul Merson but he influences games. He's definitely working on the defensive side of the game so for me he is a positive. I get the impression that as fans we expect world beaters in every position - got news for you guys, you'll always be disappointed.

Indeed. His assist for Wesley's first goal on Saturday was sublime, great vision, great skill. Started with his back to goal, don't think he really knew where Wes was, just knew where he had to put the ball. That's real class; it's a killer for the opposition.

I actually think that assist speaks volumes about El Ghazi you don't even know if he really meant it or if its his sublime talent lying underneath that nobody has been able to unlock.

He isn't looking, he hooked it in without looking and yet it lands perfectly for Wesley. Against any decent team though that ball is headed clear or the keepers.

I do think we have a player, he just needs to be pushed and he himself must find consistency.

Brilliant footballer two great feet, pace skill and physique to be a top player, fragile on confidence slightest thing goes against him and his head drops and he's looking to come off , If Deano can sort this we have a hell of a player on our hand especially when the sun is out ;)

Just think if El Ghazi hadn’t of put the ball in the back of the net in May for us meaning we hadn’t gone on to win, he could be playing in the arse end of Turkey and us still welcoming Barnsley on a cold Tuesday night.

He’s still raw, I think he needs to learn how to use his body better as he’s a bit lightweight at times. What I do love about him is that when he comes off the bench his first decision is usually to have a shot.

I don’t believe he’s a 38-game starter as it stands, definitely a place in the squad with his fair share of starts if he can improve.

Yeah, sometimes it's good to put things into perspective. We spent more on that fat useless sweaty McGateface amoung others. Let's save our disdain for people like him and stop having a pop at Anwar, Conor and Neil - who may or may not be the best, but never moan, get on with it and have all been instrumental to our recent success and jointly cost less than McJockstrap.

Frustrating player for me. The talent is there but the application isn't. I want to see him grab the game by the scruff of the neck rather than floating around and seeing what happens.

Frustrating player for me. The talent is there but the application isn't. I want to see him grab the game by the scruff of the neck rather than floating around and seeing what happens.
DS is asking him to be a disciplined winger, perhaps he is more of a Ronaldo or Henry in a free attacking role. Now, admittedly you have to have a lot of vision to picture this, but hey, I'm just putting it out there.... I am the new Wenger :rofl:

He does have moments of sheer brilliance. His cross from Wesley's first goal against Norwich was absolutely outstanding. It's takes talent and vision to do that sort of thing. I think the rest will come. I think he has the ambition to improve and I think Dean knows how to handle him.

Status
Not open for further replies.