Sid banned | Vital Football

Sid banned

After all the goings on in Bulgaria last night you'd have thought that a season long ban for this jape is very harsh.
Plus the circumstances of his previous ban fall very much into the that reaction could have been any of us category.

I know that he was banned from Lincoln united for his behaviour some years ago also as well as the 3 year ban in 2012 from Sincil bank. He has history.

Any news of the person who decided to 'interact' with a player whilst returning the ball for a throw?

Sid (re)joins an extensive list of those banned from SB which has previously included persons contributing far more than him towards the club's very survival.

It feels like they were just waiting for an excuse to ban him and this was the first opportunity they had this season. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of his but this seems harsh.

Well he's certainly a prize idiot at games, many games, but as someone who has also had, let's say, my moments of less than decorous behaviour at matches over the years, this does seem on the harsh side.
As I've read it, it was another supporter who went and actually taunted the Sunderland fans with Sid's silly shirt.

How anyone thought taking a Newcastle shirt into that game was a sensible, intelligent thing to do......you wouldn't do it unless there was a plan to taunt the opposition fans with it.

Sunderland/Newcastle is not like Grimsby/Lincoln, it is like Rangers/Celtic. Vitriolic hatred of each other is endemic. Irresponsibility beyond belief which started some serious stadium issues in the SW/Coop corner for the last 15 minutes of the game.

However is that worth a season ban for an LCFC "icon"? Wednesday have banned "Tango" for two seasons for verbally abusing a steward. Icons are not bigger than the club.

Whatever the outcome, someone needs to have a serious word with him about standards and behaviour.

That seems a bit harsh. You had a stand full of people chanting calling Sunderland fans paedophiles but showing a Newcastle shirt gets a ban.

Pardon my no doubt ignorance but why would supporters of one club call the supporters of another club paedophiles ??? .

Well I'm going to put my head above the parapet and ask if I am the only one who actually finds his antics at many games irritating and annoying? He is nothing more than an attention seeker who wants everything to be all about him. He may at times be harmless, but is also at times inappropriate.

Given how image conscious and supporter focussed that Clive, Liam and the board seem to be I imagine that this may just have been one event of many and the one that just pushed their patience too far. Nor do I think they would have taken this action against someone with such a 'profile' without being sure it was the right thing to do.

I am neither here no there as to whether a ban is the correct or appropriate action or not. What I am sure about is that neither Sincil Bank nor any away ground we visit this season will be any the poorer for him not being there.