Oh Nottingham, is full of fun? | Vital Football

Oh Nottingham, is full of fun?

3pm Mark thinks this is a load of bollocks.

Rational Mark thinks while it shouldn't be banned, it is a bit neanderthal.

Our homophobic and racist chants have always bothered me more.

Agreed. I just think it’s an odd chant, it’s not even original loads of clubs sing it, though not about Nottingham obviously.

Never heard anyone else sing it but us- i always assumed it was a reference to the fabled ratio of women to men in nottingham. A homage if you like.

I can see why people dont want it sung. Perhaps we could be allowed to sing it once a year a xmas

Never heard anyone else sing it but us

Oi oi geretcha, Gerra birra lemonade in me laarrrger watch me auld China facking West Am sing it, they’re tough as auld daisies though & lav their auld mums though, knew the Krays she did knees app muva brawn.

Be lacky

The 5:1 is a based on how many female nurses to male nurses were being trained at the University Hospital decades ago

So I was told

Yes it is embarassing, especially when you know you have to choose between either exposing your daughters to this abusive bollocks being sung by a bunch of low intellect wankers, or keeping them away from the privilage of watching Forest?

What a load of sanctimonious rubbish, If you heard the language being used in your average schoolyard any day of the week I’d suggest the words ‘Tits’ and ‘Fanny’ would be extremely mellow in comparison.

I’ve sung this song on countless occasions in the past and I wouldn’t consider myself of low intellect. If the use of mild profanity is your intellectual yardstick I’d suggest that makes 99% of the population mentally impaired.

I cover my daughters tabs if its sung. I personally don't mind it, so theres my stance, and yes it is heard in playgrounds up and down the country, its doesn't mean that we should not feel awkward when with the kids. Ive told people around me to watch their mouth if they go too far with swearing. Bearing in mind we are in the family stand, theres plenty of blokes go in without kids and get a bit raucous.

I sang the song plenty of times in the Trent End back in the day.

Last edited:
It's a personal choice whether you sing it or not - like Apollyon - I've certainly sung it when in the old Trent End as a kid and it doesn't offend me to hear it now.... there are often much worse songs that have been sung.

My daughter is a ST Holder and my wife often comes to games - they don't appear offended either.

What a load of sanctimonious rubbish, If you heard the language being used in your average schoolyard any day of the week I’d suggest the words ‘Tits’ and ‘Fanny’ would be extremely mellow in comparison.

I’ve sung this song on countless occasions in the past and I wouldn’t consider myself of low intellect. If the use of mild profanity is your intellectual yardstick I’d suggest that makes 99% of the population mentally impaired.
It's not the profanity you farting ****, it's the fucking fact that shitholes like you refuse to grow up and realize how fucking stupid you sound with your mi·sog·y·nist beer-bellied bollocks you call banter! Go and shove a fucking hedgehog up your twatting arse you overgrown Chump! You sound like a pissing middle aged teenage-wanna-be you fucking turd!

It's not the profanity you farting ****, it's the fucking fact that shitholes like you refuse to grow up and realize how fucking stupid you sound with your mi·sog·y·nist beer-bellied bollocks you call banter! Go and shove a fucking hedgehog up your twatting arse you overgrown Chump! You sound like a pissing middle aged teenage-wanna-be you fucking turd!

Strong words IBM but I agree in principal.

There are a couple of interesting posts on LTLF from a lady involved in the game and while I don't think she finds it particularly offensive in isolation (nor does she seem to want it banned) she makes valid points about it being a small part of a larger whole that excludes or makes life uncomfortable for women in sport.

The subtext very much is misogynistic and definitely not inclusive.

I absolutely sang it in the TE of old and if you'd asked me then I'd have said good, we don't want women at football but I've long since change and I hope we as club will too.

I cover my daughters tabs if its sung. I personally don't mind it, so theirs my stance, and yes it is heard in playgrounds up and down the country, its doesn't mean that we should not feel awkward when with the kids. Ive told people around me to watch their mouth if they go too far with swearing. Bearing in mind we are in the family stand, theres plenty of blokes go in without kids and get a bit raucous.

I sang the song plenty of times in the Trent End back in the day.

Looks as though it's mostly about setting an example and as an old parent I agree. Can't remember my old man ever swearing when I was a kid and that's rubbed off on me and all of my kids, and theirs too so far as I can see and hear.
Bugger and crap is about the extent of it for me and that's how I wanted it.

There are a couple of interesting posts on LTLF from a lady involved in the game and while I don't think she finds it particularly offensive in isolation (nor does she seem to want it banned) she makes valid points about it being a small part of a larger whole that excludes or makes life uncomfortable for women in sport.

The subtext very much is misogynistic and definitely not inclusive.

I absolutely sang it in the TE of old and if you'd asked me then I'd have said good, we don't want women at football but I've long since change and I hope we as club will too.
Sums it up.
I sang it back then but wouldn't these days (unless very drunk and nostalgic). And certainly not with the kids!

Never really saw why people didn't want women at the game. I think now it's because it frees people up to be misogynistic with the lads without any reply. You'd be less likely to sing Get Yer Tits Out For The Lads standing next to your wife /girlfriend.

Also, a small part of me went to forest in the mid-nineties because I fancied a season ticket holder.

Only a small part, mind you. Fnarr.