Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Oxford United

I’ll refrain from commenting on the game itself as the performance is reflected in the score line...

Kudos to the fans though, excellent support at the end in challenging circumstances. If we can keep that togetherness as a club then we will be fine.

Tomorrow is a new days and the start of a new era. Appleton’s Red and White Army!

Hortin speculating about the last time City were 5-0 down at home. I wonder if Steve Thompson will mention the time we lost 6-0 to Barnet when he was in charge?

That one came to my mind.
Was in Stacey West that day...
Goalie? Russell Hoult i think???
Today has equalled that record home defeat.
Hmmmmmmm

Not going to dig any players out
The seeds have been sowed several months ago for today’s performance
I’m in lower 7 and was immensely proud of our support today
617 you are exactly what our new manager needs
Feel for MA as the 2 games he’s witnessed are shocking
The relegation battle starts at Blackpool

I *think* that was the biggest defeat I've ever witnessed as a Lincoln fan. I think 5-0 was my previous worst but I can't remember who that was, maybe Rotherham. So at least a nice little personal record today for me

Totally outclassed and outplayed. I have to go back to the Rotherham debacle in 2011 to think of a worse performance.

As Sincilbanks said "welcome to L1".

Just hope MA has contact with some free agent forwards!. Thanks to DC for signing some when needed!. Prob had more on his mind tho. Oh yes and master stroke signing an injured full back we really didnt need

Not going to dig any players out
The seeds have been sowed several months ago for today’s performance
I’m in lower 7 and was immensely proud of our support today
617 you are exactly what our new manager needs
Feel for MA as the 2 games he’s witnessed are shocking
The relegation battle starts at Blackpool

I don't accept this side is in a relegation battle.

Had we won today (and I know that sounds ridiculous) we would have been in the final play off position.

We have had a run of three and a half bad performances in the last four games which coincided with the previous manager's departure (he'd already decided to leave prior to Wycombe).

And in the end we should have actually won at Rochdale four days ago.

This is a form blip.

Congratulations to Oxford though, they had a great day.

I don't accept this side is in a relegation battle.

Had we won today (and I know that sounds ridiculous) we would have been in the final play off position.

We have had a run of three and a half bad performances in the last four games which coincided with the previous manager's departure (he'd already decided to leave prior to Wycombe).

And in the end we should have actually won at Rochdale four days ago.

This is a form blip.

Congratulations to Oxford though, they had a great day.

Believe me this isn’t a blip

Just hope MA has contact with some free agent forwards!. Thanks to DC for signing some when needed!. Prob had more on his mind tho. Oh yes and master stroke signing an injured full back we really didnt need

Problems right across the squad. But apart from toffolo I am becoming seriously worried about the defence. It just isn't quick enough for L1. And Vickers looks like a dead man walking.

Haven't read anything of the thread. Out for the afternoon walking the dog, and called in at our local cricket club for a couple of pints while watching the score tally going up. Got home and told the wife. "that's psychological, that is" she replied.

Feel sorry for Jamie Mccombe. He doesn't deserve that legacy