Brizzle highlights | Vital Football

Brizzle highlights

Two astounding errors by the ref.

How can he not see a player dive full length and push the ball away with his arm?

How can he not see the striker deliberately run sideways into Eardley while the ball runs in the opposite direction?

Yeah they're exactly what they looked like in real time, which makes you wonder what the hell he was thinking

From the other end log the CoOp I had clear but distant views and really wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, but oh dear me...

Being in the Bridge McFarland I really couldn't see their penalty but it looks like their striker has ran into Eardley and just fallen over. How can that be a penalty??
And the save by the Rovers defender with his arm is one Gordon Banks would have been proud of

The players seem to turn on each other very quickly in those highlights.

Shackell not appearing much of a captain right now.

Oh Lordy, how wrong were both peno decisions ??:arrghh:

I know we're all guilty of being a bit one-eyed during the game and getting on the ref's back, but these two are blatantly huge errors. Refs generally keen to avoid making decisions in the first 10 mins, but the defender's save is a penalty and red card in any minute in any game.

The BBC's press association report is neutrally in agreement:
A scrappy game was decided by Jonson Clarke-Harris' 66th-minute penalty, given after Neal Eardley was adjudged to have fouled Tom Nichols.

Although that does suggest that some element of judgement was used, which is clearly not the case.

The referee had a shocker yesterday. No way was there's a penalty. Even the rovers fans say they were lucky with that decision. The sky sports report says A scrappy game was decided by Jonson Clarke-Harris' 66th-minute penalty midway through the second half, given after Neal Eardley was adjudged to have fouled Tom Nichols. Even they hust say adjudged.
On our penalty claim, i'm afraid to say the ref got that one right. The new hanball rules are it is handball if the arm is in an unnatural position. If a player is falling down and the ball hits his arm with his arm between his body and the floor then it is not a penalty.