Who next? | Page 39 | Vital Football

Who next?

I am probably wrong about this but we're the Cowleys that high on the betting odds, as they seemed to come in with nobody knowing much about them.
We could be in a similar position here. Everyone touting 3 main names to take over, 2 of which are still in jobs, but if what I am reading elsewhere is correct, the board seem to have had one name in the frame for sometime. Had discussed this with DC & NC, and agreed that that person would be the best fit to take over.
IF the board knew the Cowleys were going a couple of weeks before they went it would possibly explain Danny's comments about THREE parties being involved in negotiations - not Cowleys, Hudds, and Weds. But Cowleys, Hudds and new manager.
But there again it could be complete bollox.
Face it we just don't know.

Yes wouldn’t surprise me if it’s neither of the 2 touted
Interesting on Hope and Glory last night Liam was interviewed and said something along the lines of
‘Some options we thought we’d never had’
Possibly interest from a higher level of managers/footballers
Maybe nothing
Uti

Some still seem convinced on the Newport forum Flynn is leaving. You would have thought early to mid next week will give us a better idea if Ainsworth, Flynn or A.nother is in the frame.

Interesting on Hope and Glory last night Liam was interviewed and said something along the lines of
Maybe nothing
Uti
Wonder if there is any thought at all being given to McCombe? Perhaps he has really stepped up and impressed this week? Perhaps those Jimmy Walker quotes were accurate? Perhaps the senior pros have said they would like him to get it? Perhaps they assumed he would follow DC/NC to Huddersfield only to find that's not happening?

What is definite is that we are all just speculating and in reality know virtually nothing....... not that that is going to stop anyone however.

Maybe nothing
Uti
A name I had dismissed because of his current role was Chris Powell. You do hear that those with England roles sometimes miss the day to day involvement with a club. Same could be said for Ade Boothroyd.

L1 and L2 midweek games will probably see something happen on Wednesday you'd imagine, even if things are pretty much sorted behind the scenes?

Derek Adams has popped up on the bookies list fairly high up in the pecking order. Had a very successful spell as Plymouth manager with a 42% win ratio over 4 years. Ultimately went sour when he tried to put square pegs in round holes to keep to his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation. A formation that we’ve become accustomed too and have the players to fit.

Don’t know the guy well but he is an Imps fan and a very decent guy. He said that he knows someone in the housing market tasked with sourcing a house in a certain area. By all accounts he has been correct about previous club news and said Ainsworth was the clubs main target. As I say I have no reason to doubt him.

Don’t shoot the messenger though, only passing on what was said!

Suppose an Estate Agent is a better source than a ticket office manager!

I am probably wrong about this but we're the Cowleys that high on the betting odds, as they seemed to come in with nobody knowing much about them.
We could be in a similar position here. Everyone touting 3 main names to take over, 2 of which are still in jobs, but if what I am reading elsewhere is correct, the board seem to have had one name in the frame for sometime. Had discussed this with DC & NC, and agreed that that person would be the best fit to take over.
IF the board knew the Cowleys were going a couple of weeks before they went it would possibly explain Danny's comments about THREE parties being involved in negotiations - not Cowleys, Hudds, and Weds. But Cowleys, Hudds and new manager.
But there again it could be complete bollox.
Face it we just don't know.

Oh i would expect the three parties were themselves, Lincoln City and Huddersfield.
Probably related to compensation payment as well as their contracts. And maybe other conditions on poaching etc.

Will be interesting to see what Ainsworth is like in the dugout, how is side performs and what he does at the end of the game today. Will he give an extra long hand clap to the Wycombe fans? Spend a little longer on the pitch? Will be interesting to see if their are any signs.... likewise with Flynn at Newport.

Anyone listening to 5 live? Just caught the tail end of a conversation with Wycombe reporter but didn’t hear exactly what was said