Who next? | Page 35 | Vital Football

Who next?

If there’s an appointment today got to be an out of work manager. with everyone playing again on Tuesday it’s an awkward time, can see this spinning out for a while yet, if candidate is coming in from elsewhere.

If there’s an appointment today got to be an out of work manager. with everyone playing again on Tuesday it’s an awkward time, can see this spinning out for a while yet, if candidate is coming in from elsewhere.
this won`t run too long as Clive says we are advancing to a decision.
the succession planning had been in place for months especially when the whinging about investment became a constant.
mon/tuesday at latest for new man.

I wasn't I can remember when and where I was when that announcement was made. I was the passenger in my mum's car coming down Yarborough Hill and my heart just sank!

I met him on two separate occasions when he was managing us the first time all he seemed to do was talk about Leeds United. The second time was about 2 or 3 weeks later and all he did was slag off Lincoln and the people of Lincoln and I can remember to this day one of the exact lines he said " The trouble is Lincoln will always be in the shadow of Greater Yorkshire and the people here are second rate".

Personally I think he's an arse!

From memory he had taken two teams down before he came here? I wasn't chuffed!

Michael Flynn has a somewhat different profile to Danny, is very attached to South Wales, but is actually a Liverpool supporter. He has a 2:1 degree in BA Sports Journalism and Media Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flynn_(footballer)

His record at Newport is superb. "After 2017's 'Great Escape', Newport County won FA Cup fixtures against Leeds United, Leicester City and Middlesbrough. In 2018 Newport also played Premier League team Tottenham Hotspur and in 2019 Manchester City and West Ham United. In 2018–19 Flynn led Newport to the 2019 EFL League Two play-off Final".

It would be a massive personal/family move to Lincoln for MF in that he has five kids.

He is also reputedly a Director in aptly named Newport estate agency - "Crook, Hudson & Flynn".

Last edited:
And thinking back I remember being delighted when we announced former Leeds and England forward Allan Clarke as manager. Seemed a cracking appointment at the time for little old Lincoln, being a name from within the game and all that.

That turned into a disaster quite quickly

Along with many other appointments over the years.

If Clive says we're close to a decision, and Newport say there hasn't been any contact, I'm inclined to think it's not going to be Flynn. Any noises coming out of Wycombe?

Betting suspended on Flynn again (Skybet). Someone behind the scenes there thinks they know something........

Michael Flynn has a somewhat different profile to Danny, is very attached to South Wales, but is actually a Liverpool supporter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Flynn_(footballer)

The former postman's record at Newport is superb. "After 2017's 'Great Escape', Newport County won FA Cup fixtures against Leeds United, Leicester City and Middlesbrough. In 2018 Newport also played Premier League team Tottenham Hotspur and in 2019 Manchester City and West Ham United. In 2018–19 Flynn led Newport to the 2019 EFL League Two play-off Final".

It would be a massive personal/family move to Lincoln for MF in that he has five kids.

He is also reputedly a Director in aptly named Newport estate agency - "Crook, Hudson & Flynn". And if that is not a warning, I don't know what is.

If it were to be Flynn as part of any deal would be for him to move to Lincoln to be part of the community as per the Cowleys. Just have a feeling he wouldn't do it with all his attachments to South Wales, the Cowleys found the travelling too much and Newport looks even more difficult and further. Think it will be GA but maybe wishful thinking ! UTI.

Contrary to the impression I may give I’m not a betting man - but he’s been suspended for a while now. Something happening or irregularities?

Contrary to the impression I may give I’m not a betting man - but he’s been suspended for a while now. Something happening or irregularities?

Yes you're right, betting is indeed suspended on Flynn.
Hmmm.
Has to be a reason. And presumably info they have received.

I would think its odds on Skybet know something but with an outside chance its irregularities.
My money is on them knowing something.
Or at least them thinking they know something.
Or else a very large bet has been placed on Flynn which would make them think that the person placing the bet knows something.

Who knows.
And who knows??

How many are we expecting from Bristol they have had a pretty poor start 300/400?
640 went to burton, last away game
1467 to birmingham(aka coventry)
1536 to blackpool

three 0-2 defeats, not much to inspire them to travel further.
atm, we appear to have given them 4 blocks of SW, so around 1000 seats.

Been in and out of suspended all day but this is the first for a long period of time.

One or two seemingly ITK saying it’s a done deal now re Flynn. What with that and the bookies odds being suspended it’s looking like when not if.

Now they’ve really got to be kidding, unless he’s got more exclusive ITK news. Turned round a non league club that’s underperformed for years, but in the North East Counties league.

His mates are putting money on it as a joke to see him move up the favorites that's all.