Who next? | Page 29 | Vital Football

Who next?

Flynn seems to be making a move in the odds today.
Why does anyone care about the bloody odds? They’ll keep changing depending on whichever idiot decides to put money down on a decision they have no knowledge or influence over.

Betting companies steal your money and are only in existence because there’s enough stupid people out there willing to chuck their money away on a regular basis. Get a grip and wait for Clive and the board to make their decision... a decision they will make on the back of interviews and due diligence... things betting companies have zero knowledge of.

Am I the only one sick to death of half these threads talking about betting odds? They’re completely meaningless.

It's a yo-yo at the top of the betting between Flynn and Ainsworth, although Culverhouse seems too have come back into the reckoning, now just 6s. Although I would not be keen on his appointment, the 20s on Adkins looks quite a nice little, just-in-case bet, as he does (admittedly) tick some of the boxes.
Save your money or do something more useful with it.

Why does anyone care about the bloody odds? They’ll keep changing depending on whichever idiot decides to put money down on a decision they have no knowledge or influence over.

Betting companies steal your money and are only in existence because there’s enough stupid people out there willing to chuck their money away on a regular basis. Get a grip and wait for Clive and the board to make their decision... a decision they will make on the back of interviews and due diligence... things betting companies have zero knowledge of.

Am I the only one sick to death of half these threads talking about betting odds? They’re completely meaningless.

Deeply sorry. Erm not sure what else to say really. Anyone want to chat about the weather?

Deeply sorry. Erm not sure what else to say really. Anyone want to chat about the weather?
I’m sorry too Skip. My post was unedited and impulsive and I should know better.

No doubt the weather in England ain’t doing much, so maybe I can redirect this thread to the so-called ‘shortlist’...? John Terry’s a tw@t. Discuss.

I’m sorry too Skip. My post was unedited and impulsive and I should know better.

No doubt the weather in England ain’t doing much, so maybe I can redirect this thread to the so-called ‘shortlist’...? John Terry’s a tw@t. Discuss.

Actually, sunny and 22C over here today!

Can’t see GA leaving Wycombe, though I hope I am wrong. Think it’s more likely to be Flynn if we are after a manager that’s currently in a job. How would people feel if Michael could be persuaded to leave the SW? He has obviously done a great job with a limited budget from firstly saving them from relegation, then to mid table and then into the play offs. Currently second in League Two and unbeaten this season.

Just a bit of fun.. innit

I expect GA will be holding his own press conference today or tomorrow ahead of their weekend game, somebody is bound to ask the question about LCFC ?, and he could end any speculation then if he wants to . Another interesting couple of days !!
UTI.

With a couple of minor qualifications I don't think it matters who the next manager is.

I mean, away from the world of fantasy and unattainable names, whoever is appointed could work or they might not, nobody can say for sure.

Often managers get the right job at the right time and everything falls into place, or it turns out that everything falls apart.

Graham Taylor was a total guess in 1973 and in the current era he'd have been sacked in the close season. Colin Murphy had failed spectacularly at Derby so if the forum existed back then people would be pulling what's left of their hair out to hear he'd got the job.

I'm pretty sure Steve Tilson would have been considered a good appointment at the time, maybe those of you around then can tell me if that was so?

Apart from a serial failure, or someone with a style of play developed over many years, and so lacking in entertainment value that it's become a parody of itself (I can only think of Tony Pulis and he's not going to be coming here), whoever is selected might be good or bad. Hope for the best is my advice.

I'm pretty sure Steve Tilson would have been considered a good appointment at the time, maybe those of you around then can tell me if that was so?

At that time of his appointment it was generally thought that it was a really good one based upon what he had done at Southend. I was certainly pleased

Just goes to show that you never really know how it'll work out

With a couple of minor qualifications I don't think it matters who the next manager is.

I mean, away from the world of fantasy and unattainable names, whoever is appointed could work or they might not, nobody can say for sure.

Often managers get the right job at the right time and everything falls into place, or it turns out that everything falls apart.

Graham Taylor was a total guess in 1973 and in the current era he'd have been sacked in the close season. Colin Murphy had failed spectacularly at Derby so if the forum existed back then people would be pulling what's left of their hair out to hear he'd got the job.

Apart from a serial failure, or someone with a style of play developed over many years, and so lacking in entertainment value that it's become a parody of itself (I can only think of Tony Pulis and he's not going to be coming here), whoever is selected might be good or bad. Hope for the best is my advice.

Look at Alex Ferguson... one game away from the sack at Old Trafford, then they beat Forest and the rest is history.

Good point about Murphy – just seven wins in 35 games, and only lasted 10 months at Derby. I wonder what the general consensus of opinion was at the time when he got the job? Anyone on here remember? Who would have predicted the success he would have had after a previously failed stint in the hotseat? And I never realised he never played professional football, only semi-pro.

Of course we don’t know how ANY manager will do. But someone that has mostly done well in past jobs and or seasons should be a better fit and less of a risk than someone littered with jumping ship quickly or poor record.

Nigel Adkins...um maybe...I'd give him a chance without being too confident or enthused. That bet seems worth a shout.
Adkins has three promotions from League One to the Championship on his CV - isn't that what we are looking for? He has four EFL promotions (one as champions), two Welsh League titles and two cup finals in total, which isn't a bad record.

On the other hand, he had relatively big budgets at Southampton and Scunthorpe. Furthermore, he hasn't done anything notable for seven years and is towards the older age spectrum; with younger managers in vogue, I am not convinced either.

skip155 as you sound like you like the odd punt and you might be interested in my bet running now.
i have put my money on ADKINS at 16/1 (paddypower)...would only take £20 max bet.
Adkins lives in Gainsborough,out of work(refused hull contract),meets all criteria with decent win rate and a hand of promotions.....Clive likes backing winners?

oh yeah,on the weather front it`s 20 degrees down here on the south coast,wind coming from south off the sea,clear visibility to the isle of wight,no more that a force 2 on the water,plenty of yachts out today.

Good point about Murphy – just seven wins in 35 games, and only lasted 10 months at Derby. I wonder what the general consensus of opinion was at the time when he got the job? Anyone on here remember? Who would have predicted the success he would have had after a previously failed stint in the hotseat? And I never realised he never played professional football, only semi-pro.

I can pretty much remember. Expectation levels were incredibly low. The club had crashed from the highs of the Taylor era to a team with no fight at all - even Tommy Tynan couldn't score for us. I think a lot of people were relieved anyone wanted the job, I can't remember anyone I know complaining about him.

And thinking back I remember being delighted when we announced former Leeds and England forward Allan Clarke as manager. Seemed a cracking appointment at the time for little old Lincoln, being a name from within the game and all that.

That turned into a disaster quite quickly

skip155 as you sound like you like the odd punt and you might be interested in my bet running now.
i have put my money on ADKINS at 16/1 (paddypower)...would only take £20 max bet.
Adkins lives in Gainsborough,out of work(refused hull contract),meets all criteria with decent win rate and a hand of promotions.....Clive likes backing winners?

oh yeah,on the weather front it`s 20 degrees down here on the south coast,wind coming from south off the sea,clear visibility to the isle of wight,no more that a force 2 on the water,plenty of yachts out today.

That's his odds slashed in the next hour or two then!

And thinking back I remember being delighted when we announced former Leeds and England forward Allan Clarke as manager. Seemed a cracking appointment at the time for little old Lincoln, being a name from within the game and all that.

That turned into a disaster quite quickly

Allan Clarke, how I remember his disastrous stint. I joined the throng after one match (can't recall which one) behind the St Andrews Stand calling for his head. He was terrible. And didn't he publicly slag the players off, saying they weren't good enough? Barely worked in football since he was binned off.