The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday? | Page 32 | Vital Football

The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday?

Well, it has certainly been a busy start to the month on this site!

But how many more times does Danny need to say he isn't going anywhere?

Yes, they will leave eventually, but a few games into a season? No.

Danny also used to go on about leaving once he and Nicky couldn't add any more value. I believe they can still add a lot more!

I'd stick my neck out and say that most of them have, yes, by the passage of time and ... journalism. Liars don't last long, and any journalist falsifying quotes will be found out PDQ because people don't like being misquoted.

It is often said journalism is the first draft of history, ie because of its immediacy it is often incomplete, there may be inconsistencies, there may be mistakes; but they are often supplanted by better information.

It is not often said that journalism is just a bunch of people making stuff up.

Now we can both agree, for what that's worth :)

Though originally it was about media transfer speculation as this, now 32 page, thread, proves. That's nearly always fluff often pulled out of thin air.

In this case we don't even know if there was anything behind it all, but a single whisper created a hell of a lot of noise.

Now we can both agree, for what that's worth :)

Though originally it was about media transfer speculation as this, now 32 page, thread, proves. That's nearly always fluff often pulled out of thin air.

In this case we don't even know if there was anything behind it all, but a single whisper created a hell of a lot of noise.

Yeah to be fair I can't speak much for sports rumors - but I can say, with some qualified experience of the trade, that I very much doubt it was made up. But a slow news cycle will throw up stuff that ordinarily wouldn't get much attention nationally. It is magnified here, on this thread and in the local Lincoln media, because we all love Lincoln City and don't want DC to go.

But no one in sports journalism at a national level actually gives a crap about an L1 manager possibly going to a middling Championship team. If it happened it wouldn't even get 200 words on an inside page, even on a slow day. If I walked round to the sports desk most of the staff wouldn't even know who Danny Cowley was (save for the one Imps fan, who actually prefers to write tactical analysis pieces about PL teams).

I think this is the situation here. All talk about journalists being to a man and woman nefarious, cheatin' servants of our lizard overlords is really just a bit silly.

Why has his odds gone to favourite for Huddersfield job again he was about 15/1 earlier is this them trying to make money again now they haven't gone to Sheffield Wednesday

Why has his odds gone to favourite for Huddersfield job again he was about 15/1 earlier is this them trying to make money again now they haven't gone to Sheffield Wednesday

Read nothing into it and don't worry, Danny and Nicky aren't going anywhere!

1/10 it’s because a few hopeful and ill informed Huddersfield fans have wasted their money.
6/1 it’s because a few hopeful and ill informed Huddersfield fans have wasted their money.
33/1 it’s because a few hopeful and ill informed Huddersfield fans have wasted their money
100/1 it’s because a few hopeful and ill informed Huddersfield fans have wasted their money

Obviously it’s most likely to be the 1/10 option, whereas the 100/1 option is very unlikely, but if the odds on the fourth option come down this could be the truth, whereas if they drift even further then it’s obviously not the answer.

Or perhaps the odds have no bearing on what the truth is at all.

Betting odds never show probability, but only reflect amounts staked on each possible outcome, calculated for the bookies to maximise profits (or occasionally limit losses).
The bookies will of course declare initial odds based on their own assessments of likely outcomes, but after that, the betting markets will cause the odds to rise or fall.

There is no way after turning them down Tuesday they are suddenly interested. Huddersfield are in a mess and the start of September isn’t a good time to start digging them out.

There is no way after turning them down Tuesday they are suddenly interested. Huddersfield are in a mess and the start of September isn’t a good time to start digging them out.
According to their theory Danny only turned them down as he wanted the Wednesday job, and once he didn't get that he went back to Huddersfield saying he had changed his mind. Their warped minds even think the announcement is to be made after todays League 1 games. The mistake they are making is they think Danny is looking for a move and cant resist them over 'little old Lincoln'

According to their theory Danny only turned them down as he wanted the Wednesday job, and once he didn't get that he went back to Huddersfield saying he had changed his mind. Their warped minds even think the announcement is to be made after todays League 1 games. The mistake they are making is they think Danny is looking for a move and cant resist them over 'little old Lincoln'

Yep. The other mistake they’re making is that if Danny wanted the Wednesday job Monk wouldn’t have been appointed yesterday.

Yep. The other mistake they’re making is that if Danny wanted the Wednesday job Monk wouldn’t have been appointed yesterday.

Monk said it had all happened in 48 hours. Wonder what waa going on before that ??

That's funny. So you're happy to take a partisan view of a subject if you agree with it, think partial reporting is "wonderful", but think everything else is made up and rubbish?

I'm like most others I take information from a variety of sources assimulate them and make my own mind up. The reason journalists are filed in the same box as politicians, estate agents, used car salesmen, bankers et al, is people don't trust them.

I'm like most others I take information from a variety of sources assimulate them and make my own mind up. The reason journalists are filed in the same box as politicians, estate agents, used car salesmen, bankers et al, is people don't trust them.

Then why do you hold up obviously biased accounts as 'wonderful' examples of journalism? How can you trust them?