The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday? | Page 30 | Vital Football

The Cowleys in talks with Sheffield Wednesday?

[QUOTE="Impish, post: 1989473, member: 1236"

Pre season is when we really need to worry IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yep, MAY, if we don't go up.

....with morons like Donald Trump and Boris Johnson in charge....

I'm not sure from that comment that we can imply you're a particularly impartial local journalist?

And are things made up? Yes, they are, because speculation fuels sales and clicks. Plus, football writers are completely used by managers, agents, chairmen, players to further their own agendas. Often, when there's an actual bona-fide story the local journalist will be told to keep it to themselves.

At Bradford City they were strongly against their owner, and when he finally departed last December the chief sports writer wrote this damning verdict:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...ught-he-knew-what-was-best-for-bradford-city/

Fans quite rightly asked why the local paper hadn't reported any of that previously? In fact a couple of months earlier the same writer had been asking fans to give him another chance. The answer is in the symbiotic relationship the local paper has with its football club.

I'm not sure from that comment that we can imply you're a particularly impartial local journalist?

And are things made up? Yes, they are, because speculation fuels sales and clicks. Plus, football writers are completely used by managers, agents, chairmen, players to further their own agendas. Often, when there's an actual bona-fide story the local journalist will be told to keep it to themselves.

At Bradford City they were strongly against their owner, and when he finally departed last December the chief sports writer wrote this damning verdict:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...ught-he-knew-what-was-best-for-bradford-city/

Fans quite rightly asked why the local paper hadn't reported any of that previously? In fact a couple of months earlier the same writer had been asking fans to give him another chance. The answer is in the symbiotic relationship the local paper has with its football club.

I don't work for the BBC, so I don't have to be impartial. Calling Donald Trump a moron isn't particularly controversial, anyway...

Well, I've worked in local newspapers for six years in both news and sport and, while I have my frustrations with the need to drive online hits, not once have I been told to make something up. You're quite right to bring up the relationship between journalists, agents, managers and chairmen and it can often be a difficult balancing act, but the best journalists rely on trust-worthy sources and not those who clearly have an agenda to drive.

[QUOTE="Impish, post: 1989473, member: 1236"

Pre season is when we really need to worry IMO.

Yep, MAY, if we don't go up.[/QUOTE]
IMO In that case it depends if we make the playoffs and maintain visibility. If we don't I'd guess it will go quiet as regards a move, in an upward direction at least.

"I'm not sure from that comment that we can imply you're a particularly impartial local journalist?"

I'm not sure from that comment that if you don't think Johnson and Trump are morons that you have two brain-cells to rub together.

Btw, "infer", not "imply".