Where is Matt Willock | Vital Football

Where is Matt Willock

vinney

Vital Reserves Team
I think his last appearance was against Folkestone in the friendly, and since then he supposedly had a "virus" then an injury ( who knows how he got that) and that is the last we've heard about him. Seems a bit fishy to me

I think his last appearance was against Folkestone in the friendly, and since then he supposedly had a "virus" then an injury ( who knows how he got that) and that is the last we've heard about him. Seems a bit fishy to me
Official story was a virus, which kept him out for a while, then he played in home friendly v Southend and did ok.
Then I think he got a hamstring injury in training which had kept him out since. He’s been said to be nearing a return for past 2 weeks but then not in the squads.

Wondered about this one myself. Certainly a talent by all accounts.But it does seem to be a bit of a odd one.

I remember similar conspiracy theories shortly after we signed that young striker on loan from Norwich a few years ago. Can’t remember how that panned out. Evens said that Willock would be taking part in training last week which there’s no reason not to believe.

I remember similar conspiracy theories shortly after we signed that young striker on loan from Norwich a few years ago. Can’t remember how that panned out. Evens said that Willock would be taking part in training last week which there’s no reason not to believe.
I am sure Garmston(for example) took part in training.

Matt Willock is an avtar created by his brothers for a laugh. It got out of hand and that club that did but didn't sign Bondz Ngala took the bait. Agent and brothers didn't dare come clean, the signing club were too embarrassed to do so and so all parties are hoping the story will slowly die.

I think my monitor needs adjusting, I can't see any lines only the text *******
maybe it's the brightness or even the contrast.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/willock-close-to-gills-debut-211277/

If you read between the lines it’s quite clear that Willock hates Evens and has been pretending to be injured.
I don't see any proof that Willock has a problem with Evans.Although I would say it is a possibility so I don't totally dismiss what you say.Only I can't see any proof of that what so ever in this article. If what you say is true it is not impossible that Willock could even leave this week as Evans has shown here is not afraid to get shot of players.I would argue the number of changes within such a small little squad is very disruptive.It leaves too many players insecure. That comes be contribute to our form.I would not put it past Evans to have a stronger squad than Lovell. But getting every player to contribute could be a on going problem.If there is on going disruption beyond this week.

I don't see any proof that Willock has a problem with Evans.Although I would say it is a possibility so I don't totally dismiss what you say.Only I can't see any proof of that what so ever in this article. If what you say is true it is not impossible that Willock could even leave this week as Evans has shown here is not afraid to get shot of players.I would argue the number of changes within such a small little squad is very disruptive.It leaves too many players insecure. That comes be contribute to our form.I would not put it past Evans to have a stronger squad than Lovell. But getting every player to contribute could be a on going problem.If there is on going disruption beyond this week.
Lol youve got a few nibbles here nibbles. Cue the outraged and embarrassed whooshees whining, its not funny etc.

Last edited:

I like your work Nibbles.

What is a whoosh
At the risk of being whooshed myself...."Whoosh" is the sound it makes when a joke flies straight over someones head. I.e. here where nibbles was clearly being sarcastic about evans and willock falling out, as the article was nothing but evans giving willock praise. It was clearly a light hearted mocking of people who are desperate to read between the lines and invent their own narratives from articles when it says nothing of the sort.

But chris who didnt realsie this and though nibbles was actually being serious, so had a little nibble back at nibbles. Probably shows how realistic nibbles' satire is to be honest that chriswho fell for it and thought our fans could be that stupid (some regularly are that stupid)

At the risk of being whooshed myself...."Whoosh" is the sound it makes when a joke flies straight over someones head. I.e. here where nibbles was clearly being sarcastic about evans and willock falling out, as the article was nothing but evans giving willock praise. It was clearly a light hearted mocking of people who are desperate to read between the lines and invent their own narratives from articles when it says nothing of the sort.

But chris who didnt realsie this and though nibbles was actually being serious, so had a little nibble back at nibbles. Probably shows how realistic nibbles' satire is to be honest that chriswho fell for it and thought our fans could be that stupid (some regularly are that stupid)

Whilst you are right about ‘whoosh’ being the noun to given to the sound when a joke flies over someone’s head, I feel that this board has helped ‘whoosh’ to evolve verb-like meaning now:

‘to whoosh’ is the act of intentionally fooling someone with joke, as in:

“Nibbles totally whooshed ChrisWho!”

The 'whoosh' thing can be funn iny but it can also be tedious and tiresome. Nibbles is an expert at it and rarely fails to choose an appropriate time and an apt tone.

Unfortunately not all who try it are so adept and their attempts are often feeble and predictable. It's these occasions when the whoosh thing seems pathetic and childish, and when it usually elicits moans and whines that the entire thing is actually rather unfunny.

Furthermore, regardless of whether the timing and application of the whoosh is apt and funny or poorly judged and unfunny, it is always a bit of an 'in-joke' and as such isn't very inclusive. This is relevant at a time when there are a number of new members on this board. They then need the whole thing explained, and then a genuine request for an explanation is treated with suspicion that it might in itself be a whoosh attempt. All rather tedious, I reckon.

I'm not against the whoosh, I just think that it is something that should be used sparingly and with a delicate touch. Having too many poorly executed whoosh attempts is an annoyance and detracts from the gems that are occasionally delivered.
In short, unless you're sure it's genuinely funny and well-timed, don't bother with a whoosh attempt and just leave it to nibbles.