Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 149 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Not the majority of the population:
A lazy phrase
The 52% was the majority of those who voted
It was about 30% that voted leave of the total potential vote

Hope your not reading politics at uni ?

Yeah you and Moonay are right, Daleks. That was a mistake from me, which I have acknowledged in an earlier post. You'll be glad to know that I haven't applied for politics at uni!!!

How did said vote go again daleks....play with figures all u like. Every single person registered to vote had the opportunity.....could have been an e en bigger majority if more had voted......

Perhaps you read 'condescending' at uni.......Will did say in his post he wasn't that knowledgeable about politics. So many people on here think they are in a similar way that they think know how to run the club / manage the team.

Thanks for sticking up for me, Jock. That's very nice of you, and I appreciate it very much. That said, if I say something wrong on here then I genuinely don't mind Daleks, or anyone else, telling me so. I don't know much about politics at all, but if I'm going to put my opinion out there on a public forum, I should expect people to challenge what I have said, regardless of my age or level of knowledge.

How do you know it isn't ?

More people thought it was and voted accordingly. What's the solution ?... ignore the majority and go with the minority who know better. If that is the case the whole shebang is bust and anarchy ensues. What's the cut off ? 10% disagree so we go with them or 30% or 48%. Or is it 52% before you start listening ? Obviously not ?

People fought and died for the vote, what a waste of fucking time that was.

Where did I say we should not leave?

Also, I don't think universal suffrage came about as a result of fighting a war.
We should stop this Marc Francoisesque linking of Brexit with WWII

Logic tells me that if even more had voted remain, the majority would been to remain ? - so in the same instance if even more had voted leave the majority wud have been greater.

Typical of a brexiter wanting to rewrite history?
Remainders just want to turn back time - did you also study comedy whilst attaining your joint honours in patronising and irony with a module in condescension.

I need a Dalek or something like that
- I need a time machine to see if n when Brexit gets delivered & did any sides 'project fear' come true??[/QUOTE]

What??
Don't you remember what you posted, to which I responded?
In a light hearted way, I may add without being rude about your logic.

Then my comment having a go at both sides.

Yes I was referencing a time machine in my Dalek comment, thanks for pointing out the obvious

- I need a time machine to see if n when Brexit gets delivered & did any sides 'project fear' come true??

What??
Don't you remember what you posted, to which I responded?
In a light hearted way, I may add without being rude about your logic.

Then my comment having a go at both sides.

Yes I was referencing a time machine in my Dalek comment, thanks for pointing out the obvious[/QUOTE]

Daleks my reply re time machine was tongue in cheek & I actually meant that I(me) need the time machine.

Didn't see in ur comments where u are having a go at both sides!!!

'Don't you remember what you posted to which I (you) responded? - not sure what your on about!

Sorry everybody for being tetchy.
Had a bad day, up at 5 to drive to Aylesbury
Rubbish day working
Got back home at 5.30
Also family illness

Sorry daleks just seen this post after I posted my reply to ur other one. Shit days at work - we've all had them n vent our frustrations somewhere else. New day tom n hope it's a better one for u.

Yeah you and Moonay are right, Daleks. That was a mistake from me, which I have acknowledged in an earlier post. You'll be glad to know that I haven't applied for politics at uni!!!
Good luck for results day Will! I hope you get your first choice! And if that choice is either of the Sheffield uni’s then you made the right decision ;)

Good luck for results day Will! I hope you get your first choice! And if that choice is either of the Sheffield uni’s then you made the right decision ;)

Thank you so much, Richy. I genuinely wasn't expecting anyone to think of that! My school emails us our results at 7am. Don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight!

Thank you so much, Richy. I genuinely wasn't expecting anyone to think of that! My school emails us our results at 7am. Don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight!
No worries bud! It's great that they do that now but yeah I remember those sleepless nights, what are you studying if you don't mind me asking?

No worries bud! It's great that they do that now but yeah I remember those sleepless nights, what are you studying if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind at all; I studied A Levels in Biology, History and Spanish. They were challenging in different ways... I just hope the work that I put in paid off. Above all I'm kind of worried about letting my parents down.

I don't mind at all; I studied A Levels in Biology, History and Spanish. They were challenging in different ways... I just hope the work that I put in paid off. Above all I'm kind of worried about letting my parents down.
Wow that’s a brilliant mix! If you put the work in it will show, and you seem like an erudite young man!
Your parents will love you regardless matey, I was rubbish at college because I was going through a tough time. Ended up with D in Drama, C in Geography and an E in English Lang. But like I say I was rubbish.
I ended up going a different route and ended up at uni eventually but it’s not the end of the world and your parents seem to have done a good job you’re the most polite guy on this page with great contributions!
Anyway I’m just trying to say don’t worry, it will be alright! Now get some sleep!!!

Wow that’s a brilliant mix! If you put the work in it will show, and you seem like an erudite young man!
Your parents will love you regardless matey, I was rubbish at college because I was going through a tough time. Ended up with D in Drama, C in Geography and an E in English Lang. But like I say I was rubbish.
I ended up going a different route and ended up at uni eventually but it’s not the end of the world and your parents seem to have done a good job you’re the most polite guy on this page with great contributions!
Anyway I’m just trying to say don’t worry, it will be alright! Now get some sleep!!!

You are being so kind to me... I'm not even sure what to say other than thank you so much for your compliments, reassurance and support. And one more thing... I admire how you didn't let your grades define you, and had the mental resilience to be successful, despite the setbacks. I can imagine that takes a lot of doing. Once again, thank you very much for your supportive comments tonight.

Last edited: