Fleetwood game | Page 6 | Vital Football

Fleetwood game

Can I just.... If we’re facing in the right direction, all we gotta do is just keep on walking.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall...

Let me show you something I always keep with me. Just a little book, 'Collective Meditations', and it's a collection of philosophers, writers, thinkers, native American wisdom, and it's really showing you that, er, the spiritual side needs as much care and attention as the physical side. It's about feeding the soul, yeah? Evolving spirituality. And a foreword by Duncan Goodhew, so...

Birmingham will be a tough test. they beat brentford away. we are struggling to create chances and thats not going to change overnight.

time for adomah and lolley to step up. need to see more from them on the wings.

We aren't small anymore, didn't use it to our advantage against Leeds though. Sow in for Watson and hopefully we play on the front foot a bit more.

Games like the ones we played yesterday, I didnt have the opportunity to watch it, since it wasnt on TV or IFollow, but from the comments above and Radio Nottingham, it looked most of the first leg games of the League Cup, when we play lower league opposition. They are more up for it then us, compounded with playing an experimental team. Dont forget that last year we only drew with a goal by Cash in injury time and went on to win on penalties. AK not only had a full preseason but also an extra 4 months to get to know his players ... why people expect miracles from SL I dont know ...

Birmingham will be a tough test. they beat brentford away. we are struggling to create chances and thats not going to change overnight.

time for adomah and lolley to step up. need to see more from them on the wings.
They will come, park the bus, niggle and try to get a goal from Jutkiewitz's head.

Exactly the kind of tactics we are most vulnerable to.

We need a win, but at the same time there needs to be understanding of we don't.

id be disappointed if a midfield comprising of gary gardner dominated us. they dont seem particularly good just big and physical. will be hard for grabban up against 3.

robert is 6ft4
pedersen - 6ft2
dean - 6ft 3

If we play Jenkinson & Sow with Dawson, Worrall, Robinson, Semedo, surely we will have plenty of height to cope with their physical approach?

Mir had very little service, but also has this knack of running into the least useful position, meaning no-one to cross too - as 'lone' striker he has to play between the centrehalves and there was no point knocking it long given that monster centrehalf they had.

We definitely need another striker and whether that's offering an opportunity to Murphy or Cummings to put themselves in the shop window, as both in final year OR we go after Wilfred Bony, on a year long contract - like with Ameobi?

Very much evident that Ameobi & Yuri, had not played together - very little understanding - especially, when Sammy held it up but Yuri was slow to overlap. Both did OK.

Jenkinson looks solid - another trying to integrate and I'd be tempted to start him, with Cash in front of him.

Personally, I thought Bostock was Man Of The Match - very composed, always wanted the ball and just looks a better version of Gueddy.... shooting was wayward, but he's rusty too.

He eventually got booked for handball, after a series of tackles - although, I thought the ref very poor. I'd play Bostock instead of Watson - with Silva/Semedo or Sow.

Silva got booked for 2 daft tackles that gave them free kicks in dangerous areas, but he looked lively and finished well.

Sow is a solid, steady, physical presence - looks a good signing (so far anyway).

Appiah was goof first half, but not second - he visibly tired, as did as few of those short of games, Figgy & Yuri.

Finally, credit to Minnie - the signing of Brice Samba looks very astute - some good saves, came for & claimed crosses, but a few wayward kicks.

They will come, park the bus, niggle and try to get a goal from Jutkiewitz's head.

Exactly the kind of tactics we are most vulnerable to.

We need a win, but at the same time there needs to be understanding of we don't.

Why does there need to be understanding? Its these idiots that have decided to change the team on mass, yet again! No patience has been shown by them so far, with, as far as I'm concerned, three good managers, so why should we now show patience with this one?
They've said promotion the aim for this season, and after the sacking of MON, that's what I expect. Otherwise, they can shift this guy out as well. I'm done being patient all these years, with nothing being reciprocated.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I had a quick look for a Fleetwood forum (couldn't find one) but there was a little write up on their player Ashley Hunter. Apparently he's a die hard Forest fan, when Burton released him he went travelling the country with us for a couple of years before getting his career back on track.

Anyone heard Sabri post match interview? The guy has high standards and not easy to please, no bulls hitting...he calls a spade a spade...no excuses, he knows what he wants...will he get it?...will he have enough time to get it?...will the players really believe in his philosophy?...we have to wait nd see...

What I struggle to believe is how after giving every recent manager at least a semblance of a chance they have given up on SL before a ball is kicked. These same people would have had Cloughie gone in season one of his reign. Yes we are struggling with moving on players but that is due to this or previous regimes allowing an influx of inferior players on stupid money and contract lengths. So far Sow , Silva , Semedo look definitely upgrades on the midfielders we fielded last year. Ameobi impressed when he arrived v Leeds and I feel he will be valuable to us over the season.
Still to find the best back five but we are yet again gelling new teammates some of them hardly either know each other yet .
Strikers yes we appear short but settle it down and if we do the goals we crave will come but I feel as the season progresses they will be more evenly distributed around the team than in many a year. My cup is more than half full and our two league games have been against teams who are fighting to be at the top end of the table.

Why does there need to be understanding? Its these idiots that have decided to change the team on mass, yet again! No patience has been shown by them so far, with, as far as I'm concerned, three good managers, so why should we now show patience with this one?
They've said promotion the aim for this season, and after the sacking of MON, that's what I expect. Otherwise, they can shift this guy out as well. I'm done being patient all these years, with nothing being reciprocated.

Three good managers?

I do not think too many people would have described Warburton or MON as good managers; certainly not on their performances here.

Whether you like it or not, the average tenure of a Championship manager is ten months; that's just not us, but all of the clubs in the division.

Why do you think that the constant managerial change is necessary?

How much of it is down to the fact that clubs do not have the luxury of being able to build teams any more?

Players and agents have all of the power now; the good ones are not prepared to hang around waiting for a change in the teams fortunes and the bad ones sit tight on good contracts.

How much of the change is down to the new breed (last 20 years or so) of supporter, the Sky generation supporter, and their constant mithering for instant gratification?

Does not take much for these guys to vote with their feet, and then its panic stations in the Boardroom.

For every Club like us with a very loyal fan base there are ten or fifteen who do not have one.

So when you talk of reciprocation, what is it you want reciprocating?

What I struggle to believe is how after giving every recent manager at least a semblance of a chance they have given up on SL before a ball is kicked. These same people would have had Cloughie gone in season one of his reign. Yes we are struggling with moving on players but that is due to this or previous regimes allowing an influx of inferior players on stupid money and contract lengths. So far Sow , Silva , Semedo look definitely upgrades on the midfielders we fielded last year. Ameobi impressed when he arrived v Leeds and I feel he will be valuable to us over the season.
Still to find the best back five but we are yet again gelling new teammates some of them hardly either know each other yet .
Strikers yes we appear short but settle it down and if we do the goals we crave will come but I feel as the season progresses they will be more evenly distributed around the team than in many a year. My cup is more than half full and our two league games have been against teams who are fighting to be at the top end of the table.

"These same people would have had Cloughie gone in season one of his reign."

I think that is very true.

Not many people would have the patience these days to wait the best part of three seasons for any semblance of success.