Team for Leeds

jeffs right

Vital Football Hero
Naismith
Moore Massey Lowe Roberts
Windass Byrne
Robinson Dunkley Kipre
Mulgrew.
Why not go the whole hog and try them in these positions.

I'm most certainly not looking forward to Saturday...if we play like last week against Preston I fear for a goal fest & from tonight's performance i doubt PC will have discovered any replacements. Hopefully I'm proved wrong n PC knows wot he's doing!!

I'm most certainly not looking forward to Saturday...if we play like last week against Preston I fear for a goal fest & from tonight's performance i doubt PC will have discovered any replacements. Hopefully I'm proved wrong n PC knows wot he's doing!!
Then again, if we play like we did against Cardiff, we might stuff em.

Tonight, Williams and Enobakhare?...... Bright!!! looked decent. Lowe showed flashes, but didn't deliver.

Whose round is it on Saturday night Roberts or Naismith? Whoever's getting them in won't play as they'll be in the bar queue.

Williams,Ebonkahre,both looked okay,Lowe showed a bit of potential but afraid that was it!Sterling certainly did not look remotely a James replacement sadly!(although that would be bloody hard anyway!)

Williams,Ebonkahre,both looked okay,Lowe showed a bit of potential but afraid that was it!Sterling certainly did not look remotely a James replacement sadly!(although that would be bloody hard anyway!)
That and not finding a player who can play in the roll of Nick Powell could cost us dearly despite the others we brought in of which the two most expensive players have made a huge leap up from league one.
We have seen our own players a couple of times not capable of that.

Just saying that's the worrying point that we haven't replaced them and budget I agree is the main reason. All players will have to play out of their skin consistently to cover these huge voids up. Just hope our bargain basement squad can do it. Nobbers have managed it without spending a fortune so hopefully we can.

By the sounds of it Mulgrew was worse then Dunks last night, which must of been terrible seeing as there was only 5 defensive highlights and Dunk's made error's in 3 of them. Fox was worse then Kipre on sat so i'd like to see this team.

Marshall
Byrne-Kipre-Dunkley-Robinson
Williams-Morsy
Lowe-Evans-Jacobs
Windass

When Windass play's attacking midfield we essentially play 4-4-2 and we can't apply pressure to the other team. Not once has that been a problem with Evan's in that role.

By the sounds of it Mulgrew was worse then Dunks last night, which must of been terrible seeing as there was only 5 defensive highlights and Dunk's made error's in 3 of them. Fox was worse then Kipre on sat so i'd like to see this team.

Marshall
Williams-Morsy
Lowe-Evans-Jacobs
Windass

When Windass play's attacking midfield we essentially play 4-4-2 and we can't apply pressure to the other team. Not once has that been a problem with Evan's in that role.

Mulgrew wasn't great, Dunks was alot better than him. I'm hoping it's just a case of settling in n it was a one off bad game!!

Marshall
Williams-Morsy
Lowe-Evans-Jacobs
Windass

Can't see that being the team,don't think Morsy is reet yet, Lowe will be sub all season, so you're not far off,Garner and Naismith to replace the two. Can only see 0-2 or 3.

Marshall
Williams-Morsy
Lowe-Evans-Jacobs
Windass

That sounds a decent side but Moore rather than Windass. Evans does seem better pushed further forward.

Can't see that being the team,don't think Morsy is reet yet, Lowe will be sub all season, so you're not far off,Garner and Naismith to replace the two. Can only see 0-2 or 3.

Garner had a pre-existing rib injury on Saturday. Not sure if he will be available against Leeds.

That sounds a decent side but Moore rather than Windass. Evans does seem better pushed further forward.

Cook said Moore is likely to start against Leed's. Who know's what team he'll decide to play, always a couple strange decision's included in the starting lineup.

Just saying that's the worrying point that we haven't replaced them and budget I agree is the main reason. All players will have to play out of their skin consistently to cover these huge voids up. Just hope our bargain basement squad can do it. Nobbers have managed it without spending a fortune so hopefully we can.
Hardly "Bargain Basement" with the money we have spent!!
Bargain Basement means spent hardly any money

Leeds are the fittest team in the league, they play fast passing football and press incredibly hard to try and force individual errors. For that reason Kipre and Mulgrew would be the two I play at CB because we will need two players who are calm on the ball under pressure and they are better ball players than Dunkley and Fox. However sometime in the very near future Paul Cook needs to pick two CBs and stick with them come what may. It's the worse position to be consistently rotating as the defence/goalkeeper are never comfortable. We need two central defenders that will play together for 35-40 games and know each other's game inside out like Burn and Dunkley did in League One.

I'd go for the following

Marshall
Sterling Kipre Mulgrew Robinson
Morsy Williams
Lowe Windass Jacobs
Moore

If we're going to play Byrne, I'd play Massey over Lowe. Those two need to play together or not at all as both are not the same player when not together down that right hand side. Bright was knackered after an hour of the Stoke game apparently so I'd keep him on the bench and bring him on after an hour.

Last edited:
Leeds are the fittest team in the league, they play fast passing football and press incredibly hard to try and force individual errors. For that reason Kipre and Mulgrew would be the two I play at CB because we will need two players who are calm on the ball under pressure and they are better ball players than Dunkley and Fox. However sometime in the very near future Paul Cook needs to pick two CBs and stick with them come what may. It's the worse position to be consistently rotating as the defence/goalkeeper are never comfortable. We need two central defenders that will play together for 35-40 games and know each other's game inside out like Burn and Dunkley did in League One.

I'd go for the following

Marshall
Sterling Kipre Mulgrew Robinson
Morsy Williams
Lowe Windass Jacobs
Moore

If we're going to play Byrne, I'd play Massey over Lowe. Those two need to play together or not at all as both are not the same player when not together down that right hand side. Bright was knackered after an hour of the Stoke game apparently so I'd keep him on the bench and bring him on after an hour.

C.Latic, did u see Mulgrew on pitch last night? First 5 min whilst going forward he was ok as nothing coming his way but after that he looked flustered & far from calm. As the game progressed he got worse, I'm just hoping it was a bad day at the office but I'm not so sure he'd fare any better against a quick tempo Leeds.