Villa draw Crewe away in 2nd rd of EFL cup | Vital Football

Villa draw Crewe away in 2nd rd of EFL cup

Nice to be able to put out a different 11, if DS wishes, which isn't just making up the numbers.

We will attack. Can't honestly see Crewe holding out.

Yes. In all seriousness I think the philosophy that Deano has brought in will show in the cup games should there be wholesale changes to the line ups early on.

I reckon this is nailed on for a live game aswell with Crewe having beaten Boro.

All wrong - it's an Omen.
I remember 74-75 and I remember the League Cup win, I also very well remember being drawn against Crewe [having beaten Everton in R2 after a replay - magnificent by the way].

We went to Crewe and drew 2-2, won the replay. Next up were Hartlepool , Colchester & Chester - I went to every single game home and away - magic times.

If you weren't there, can you imagine the LC SF 2'nd Leg [1'st leg 2-2 at Chester] at Villa Park on Wednesday 22 Jan 1975 - Villa won 3-2 with goals from Keith Leonard[2] and Sir Brian Little[1] - the attendance was given as 47,732 - the atmosphere that evening was completely overwhelming.

Then on 1'st March '75 we lifted the LC at Wembley. Never ever forget that cup run, just never ever.

Steer

Elmo Konsa Hause Targett

Lansbury luiz Ramsey

Jota Davis Trezeguet/under 23 winger

Should be more than enough to beat Crewe.

All wrong - it's an Omen.
I remember 74-75 and I remember the League Cup win, I also very well remember being drawn against Crewe [having beaten Everton in R2 after a replay - magnificent by the way].

We went to Crewe and drew 2-2, won the replay. Next up were Hartlepool , Colchester & Chester - I went to every single game home and away - magic times.

If you weren't there, can you imagine the LC SF 2'nd Leg [1'st leg 2-2 at Chester] at Villa Park on Wednesday 22 Jan 1975 - Villa won 3-2 with goals from Keith Leonard[2] and Sir Brian Little[1] - the attendance was given as 47,732 - the atmosphere that evening was completely overwhelming.

Then on 1'st March '75 we lifted the LC at Wembley. Never ever forget that cup run, just never ever.

That's a little bit before my time, but I cant believe we would ever be fortunate enough to get a dream cup draw like that again. I'd guess not one of them were higher than old division 3, maybe even 4.