Bury | Page 63 | Vital Football

Bury

This is before their swamp of a pitch that won't have had any work done on it enters Winter conditions. Better hope for a dry Winter or they'll be doing a 'Braintree' on top of everything else.

Serious question. Do BURY have any players signed? The window is now closed and they are limited to how many loans they can play. So how do they even start to play matches if they presumably have no players.

Apparently they do have players training but must be all non contracted players that will be able to sign if they ever do a deal with anyone to save them.

Serious question. Do BURY have any players signed? The window is now closed and they are limited to how many loans they can play. So how do they even start to play matches if they presumably have no players.

The transfer window is still open for L1 and L2 clubs. But the point is mute as far as Bury is concerned, as they will be signing no one.

Dale now saying if a new owner comes in all the debts will be theirs. Washing his hands of everything he was involved with. He must have approved money for signings etc??. Hes had personal abuse, not very nice I admit, but that was going to happen. It's all gone Pete Tong and he wants to shift the blame.

Dale now saying if a new owner comes in all the debts will be theirs. Washing his hands of everything he was involved with. He must have approved money for signings etc??. Hes had personal abuse, not very nice I admit, but that was going to happen. It's all gone Pete Tong and he wants to shift the blame.
It has been interesting watching his interviews over the past few months. His starting mask is the classic 'nice guy' but boy does he very quickly shift to a mixture of 'poor me' and 'overt manipulator' when he doesn't get his own way. He makes my skin crawl more than a couple of past Prime Ministers we've had in the last 15 years.

This is also setting precedent for the future. What message does this send out to clubs that over-spend in the future. Fair enough, give a club a chance to right itself.
But Bury are no where near being able to carry on trading as a business two weeks into the football season.

Perhaps they'll draw a line when Bury are playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday every week. Absolute bloody shambles.

And whilst Bury would have to endure squeezing in missed games, should they ever be able to get going, why should those 4 or 5 or however many clubs be made to play two midweek games just to get Bury off the hook ?

In all other leagues (and doubtless all sports) if you fail to fulfil a fixture then you forfeit that game, result awarded to other team (commonly 3-0 in football) and you get points deducted as well as the defeat being recorded. Likewise if you don't play a cup match (as per this evening) then you will most definitely be expelled from that cup - tie awarded to opponents.
I cannot understand what the EFL are up to letting Bury drag this on and on and on.

Transfer window for Lge1 and Lge2 is still open until start of September.
We can all still sign players. Only change is Premier and Championship clubs cannot now buy players from our divisions. So Bruno not off on a big move unless its abroad or to Sunderland!

This might sound a bit harsh but if Bury are allowed to fulfill their fixtures after all this I hope they receive another points deduction to ensure they are relegated at the end of the season.

This might sound a bit harsh but if Bury are allowed to fulfill their fixtures after all this I hope they receive another points deduction to ensure they are relegated at the end of the season.

Depends just how far they get relegated...at least to National League would be reasonable.