Bury | Page 61 | Vital Football

Bury

Did hear a rumour that the people who own the land the ground stands on have already earmarked it for housing.

Did hear a rumour that the people who own the land the ground stands on have already earmarked it for housing.

Surely not. When they go tits up having not paid one single penny to any of their creditors yet miraculously 2 weeks later appear as AFC Bury 2019 and somehow be claiming the history of Bury FC where are they going to play.....

They have until 9am tomorrow in order to get their act together or their next game will be suspended...

EFL STATEMENT: BURY FC

The EFL Board has handed Bury FC owner Steve Dale a 9am deadline on Tuesday 13 August 2019 to provide the outstanding evidence it has previously requested or this weekend’s home fixture against Gillingham will be suspended.

Despite further exchanges of correspondence and a meeting earlier today, Mr Dale has still not provided the required clarity on how he plans to meet the Club’s commitments to football creditors, payment to unsecured creditors as part of the Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA), alongside source and sufficiency of funding for season 2019/20.

Bury has already been issued with a notice of withdrawal of membership by the EFL and has until 23 August 2019 to meet all outstanding requirements of the League’s insolvency policy or its membership of the EFL will be withdrawn.

EFL Executive Chair, Debbie Jevans CBE, said: “We remain disappointed that we are still not in a position to reach a successful conclusion with Mr Dale but will continue to work diligently in an effort to receive the information we require.

“The real threat of Bury’s EFL membership being withdrawn still exists, a situation nobody - including this Board - wants to see and I sincerely hope we can find a way through these challenging circumstances for the benefit of all those who have an association with the Club.”

aha, the 11th hour offer to buy/preferred bidder ... worked brilliantly in delaying things for bolton and notts county.

i wonder if these clubs are swapping notes.

i think it is about time the efl docked bury 3 points for each suspended game, may speed things up a bit.

Comes to something when the owner presumably can't now get access to their OS and the staff have posted a statement instead.

aha, the 11th hour offer to buy/preferred bidder ... worked brilliantly in delaying things for bolton and notts county.

i think it is about time the efl docked bury 3 points for each suspended game, may speed things up a bit.

I agree with you but at the moment Bury are only having their games suspended. At this rate if they survive they're going to be playing 3 times a week to catch up with their fixtures.

I agree with you but at the moment Bury are only having their games suspended. At this rate if they survive they're going to be playing 3 times a week to catch up with their fixtures.

it also means that MK, Accrington and Gillingham have to shoe horn in a midweek game giving them a 3 in 7 days that they currently don't have.

I'd make it 6 points deducted for every game missed.
Plus they should actually be thrown out of the League Cup for failing to play the tie tomorrow evening.
And there should be compensation paid to each home club who has lost home games.

I'd make it 6 points deducted for every game missed.
Plus they should actually be thrown out of the League Cup for failing to play the tie tomorrow evening.
And there should be compensation paid to each home club who has lost home games.

None of that will happen.