In Cook we trust? | Page 4 | Vital Football

In Cook we trust?

Greeny, agree with a lot of that bro, but it isn't just two games is it? We saw exactly the same last season, the only difference is this season its happened two games in, the good start to last season kept the wolf from the door.

What's Windass?

It was 442 for much of the game. They were shit at it.........or Its a crap formation.
?
Now that is a question Antony. What's Windass? He thinks he is a striker. We however have rarely used him as a striker. Now he is replacement for Powell as an attacking midfielder. What he is in reality is a poor signing and if we really were meant to be playing 4-4-2 then surely we should have started with Moore and Garner up top. Lowe or Massey on the right. One decent performance in ten by Windass doesn't make him a natural to replace Powell.

....... One decent performance in ten by Windass doesn't make him a natural to replace Powell.

Never said it did........ But you were talking about formation, not competence of players.

He was bought as a forward. He gets a nosebleed if he drops back over halfway. He played as part of a front two. Simple.

WEP site post match interview wi Kendrick

Cheers Hampo :thumbup:

Just read the article, no Sundays off for the players, now thats sure to piss them off, i hope Cook means no Sundays off for poor results and/or performances, if we win and play well the players should be rewarded with time off otherwise there isn't any incentive.

I noticed Cook didn't take any of the blame himself. :mad:

Never said it did........ But you were talking about formation, not competence of players.

He was bought as a forward. He gets a nosebleed if he drops back over halfway. He played as part of a front two. Simple.
Well you went Ant and witnessed it. Are you sure it wasn't an out of shape 4-2-3-1? Whatever it was it sounds frightfully like the bilge we played for the majority of last season. Something needs changing either personnel or formation or both. Doesn't sound like the wonder years of Paul Jewels formation storming through the league's. Cook should show his players how we brushed a better Nob End side than today's a few times aside. If he is going to change from his 4-2-3-1 on a regular basis they should watch how it's done properly.

A formation is irrelevant

The performance of the players is what counts. All formations can be great or shite dependent on that key factor.
Correct,it does not matter what formation is used if the players play as inept as yesterday!The formation does not make you pass straight or mark a player!

It’s a shame Will that we have to lose games sometimes. It makes this forum a place to avoid.
Less avoidable when we win, but that’s because no one says owt then ;):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Before the few start, don’t worry, I’ve become tired of it already.

Yeah, I can understand though that people are upset after paying their money and investing their time, and I guess this forum is a platform to vent these frustrations. A lot of the criticism is very fair, but I don't think that we should use this performance to try and make premonitions about how the rest of the season will turn out. I think we should just wait and see how it goes... not for too long of course, but it is still much too early to make confident assertions about how the rest of our season will transpire.

Quick question to anyone who was brave enough to stick it out until full time, did any of the players come over and face the fans still there?

Quick question to anyone who was brave enough to stick it out until full time, did any of the players come over and face the fans still there?

I did brave it out until the final whistle, then left sharpish, i'm glad i didn't stay because IF the players had faced us i would have told them to F**K OFF!

Good shout though bro.

IEC may as well make a ground breaking change
Let Cook be manager for home games only.
Appoint someone else to manage the away games whose ambition is to consistently go for the win.
Alternatively have a h/t draw at home games to choose a random fan to select team and tactics for next away game - lets be honest vast majority would have selected Lowe for Pilks as the only change yesterday, set the team up as against Cardiff last week and gone for it.
Not much of a downside to be had whoever has a go ....!

Just listening to his post match tonight he thought the lads were great and put in a good performance
REALLY

JAIME JONES was fine
BRIGHT was our best player till crocked
JAMAL LOWE looked tricky
JOE WILLIAMS looked decent

I Wont be surprised if Cooky isn't gone before December

I agree with your assessments Zakky, but as for his comments, well, he wasn't going to chuck em (some young lads) under the bus.

Didn’t go so no comment on the game - but Moonay do I read that correctly that you won’t be surprised if Cook is gone before December?

I doubt the owners will be as patient with the manager this season if things go pear shaped. Leeds followed by two tricky away games will test our management team. We need an away victory to settle the nerves.

Didn’t go so no comment on the game - but Moonay do I read that correctly that you won’t be surprised if Cook is gone before December?
No. I said I agreed with Zakky's (player) assessments, but not re Cook's comments re the general performance of the players.

I didn't actually comment on Zakky's speculation re Cook's departure.

Nice of you to confirm though that you struggle to read and correctly interpret simple sentences. ?
? ?