In Cook we trust? | Page 3 | Vital Football

In Cook we trust?

[QUOTE="moonay, post: 1950593, member: 10964"

I'm fairly sure that whatever the "tactics" were, he didn't tell them to continually pass to the opposition.[/QUOTE]

Moonay, the players continuously gave the ball away because Preston never gave us an inch of space nearly every pass went astray because of this.

We may have to change the 4-2-3-1 formation away from home. It's shit and doesn't work. It's bad enough to watch at home but works better than in away games.
Maybe a complete tactical change is needed and play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. Better on the eye and can't be any worse than that shite delivers away from home.

What people always take for granted on Dunkley are his headers. How little we concede from set plays when he’s in the team. I watched Kipre today at corners and he looked thoroughly clueless. Not picking up a man, unaware of what was around. You never see that with Dunkley, he does the things fans completely take for granted extremely well (like winning headers). Folk think he played badly against Cardiff ignore the numerous aerial duels won against the most direct side in the league, Aden Flint, Sean Morrison, Gary Madine all got zero change from him.

Leave him out today, surprise surprise we concede straight from a set piece. The last of around 4 corners in a row because we had no defenders on the park that can win their headers. Fox and Dunkley had established a partnership last season and looked to carry it on. A totally pointless defensive change from Cook which cost us big time.

Moonay, the players continuously gave the ball away because Preston never gave us an inch of space nearly every pass went astray because of this.

And that's Cook's fault because.............?

Criticise Cook for selection, tactics, playing too deep, not pressing enough,......... but please, let's not blame him for our players not passing to each other.

We may have to change the 4-2-3-1 formation away from home. It's shit and doesn't work. It's bad enough to watch at home but works better than in away games.
Maybe a complete tactical change is needed and play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. Better on the eye and can't be any worse than that shite delivers away from home.
We set up 442 for much of today's game.

We did play 4-4-2 today,surely you saw that?

What people always take for granted on Dunkley are his headers. How little we concede from set plays when he’s in the team. I watched Kipre today at corners and he looked thoroughly clueless. Not picking up a man, unaware of what was around. You never see that with Dunkley, he does the things fans completely take for granted extremely well (like winning headers). Folk think he played badly against Cardiff ignore the numerous aerial duels won against the most direct side in the league, Aden Flint, Sean Morrison, Gary Madine all got zero change from him.

Leave him out today, surprise surprise we concede straight from a set piece. The last of around 4 corners in a row because we had no defenders on the park that can win their headers. Fox and Dunkley had established a partnership last season and looked to carry it on. A totally pointless defensive change from Cook which cost us big time.
Correct he cant read a game same as naismith he cant either ... They get caught ball watching not picking the man up

Let's not forget Dunkley and Morsy started last season in the same fixture and we lost 4-0. If the manager chooses to allow the other team to play, these results are going to happen.

Oh sorry i thought he was there after all his comments
So if you're on your holidays you can not have an opinion about the club you support. Please even Moonay was agreeing to this last year when we were talking about the lack of Sharpeys presence at games after grandad sold up.
How can we play 4-4-2 with only one striker on the field? If that was so that again demonstrates the tactical ineptness of Cook.
Naismith or Cracker on the left, Evans and McLeod or Windass in the middle and Lowe or Massey out wide with Garner and another striker up top is 4-4-2. Fuck farting around with the players is neither here or there.

So if you're on your holidays you can not have an opinion about the club you support. Please even Moonay was agreeing to this last year when we were talking about the lack of Sharpeys presence at games after grandad sold up.
How can we play 4-4-2 with only one striker on the field? If that was so that again demonstrates the tactical ineptness of Cook.
Naismith or Cracker on the left, Evans and McLeod or Windass in the middle and Lowe or Massey out wide with Garner and another striker up top is 4-4-2. Fuck farting around with the players is neither here or there.
I was not having a go at you,just responding to Moonay!

What's Windass?

It was 442 for much of the game. They were shit at it.........or Its a crap formation.
?

It is a real shame about today, because there was a lot of optimism after the win at Cardiff. That said, it's just one game and we're only two matches into the season; let's leave it at least until the end of the month to make a real judgement. If our away form hasn't improved in say, one month's time, then I think there's cause for concern, but until then, let's just give Cook a chance to integrate the new signings into the side and see how we perform when this has happened.

It’s a shame Will that we have to lose games sometimes. It makes this forum a place to avoid.
Less avoidable when we win, but that’s because no one says owt then ;):rofl::rofl::rofl:

Before the few start, don’t worry, I’ve become tired of it already.

I read somewhere last night that Cook has thrown the players "under the bus" so to speak in a post match interview, looked everywhere for this, anyone put a link up please?
Just interested to hear what he had to say.

Bit surprised there's so many people complaining about Dunkley being dropped. Easily our worst player last week. Windass was one of our best players last week but people asking why is he playing is almost as astonishing. Naismith was far from our worst player too. Sacked after 2 games? Worried of sounding like my grandad saying this but if that's what you believe, then the games gone mad!

People using hindsight, yet the only complaint of the line up before kick off was Naismith starting instead of Lowe.

That said, yesterday was unacceptable. Fox come across as a prat in the past 2 games, moaning and complaining, not captain material at all. Never mind needing Morsy back for steel, we need him back to get the armband off Fox. Was excited about Marshall signing but I'm quickly getting sceptical. I would like to see Robinson, Kipre, Mulgrew and Sterling against Stoke, maybe Jones too. We are too weak and show no discipline or organisation in defence and it needs an overhaul.

Just tired of this now, what's the point of looking forward to away games like this when the team doesn't bother to show up? This has really dampened the optimistic feeling we felt just last week.