Next Newcastle manager | Page 10 | Vital Football

Next Newcastle manager

Still no white smoke from the chimney yet? This is farcical beyond belief. Can't get the sixth choice over the line. Oh dear.

There's compensation involved - surely a pair of Donnay socks would be enough to secure Brucies release.

The only people who need their heads examining are the ‘supporters’ who continue to fund him. Steve Bruce has a history of shitting on clubs who’ve looked after him, an absolute **** of a man and perfect for Ashley. He’ll get a warm welcome from the support Ashley not the club Regime.

Not from me, I'm getting irritated by it all.

Still no white smoke from the chimney yet? This is farcical beyond belief. Can't get the sixth choice over the line. Oh dear.
There are still a few candidates in the wings. Bruce's relationship with Wednesday has been screwed now. That might be two tanks on the Hillsborough lawn in a negotiated settlement.

It often looks as though Ashley is more interested in the deal and expressing his power, rather than protect his asset.

What is ridiculous is that the main part of pre-season sees no new players, no managerial philosophy and consequently, no coherence through the transfer window.

On the other hand, Ashley, so I believe, maintains an interest in the film industry. I wonder if he has got a contract with the Monty Python team to make Goal IV.

In all fairness do any of us care anymore who gets the job.I couldn't give a fuck.Watched my last game on TV never mind at SJP until Ashley is gone.No interest whatsoever anymore.
Sometimes it's nice to be able to laugh at yourself.

The rotation of supporter is spot on like. The only way to get them to kick off or boycott now is to get faceshite to drop candy crush.

Can easily see Ashley turn to Parsnip to appease these lot.

You could be right, Toonie. So, supporter rotation? So, in the main the club was supported by people from the locality who loved football. There was always a problem with the club's custodis, Westwood, et al A brief period of relative success with Hall before Shepherd reverted to type. However, none of them ever appeared to take the piss in such a dedicated way as FC.

You're suggesting we're looking at a recycled sort of supporter. As any number of supporters get fed up and it dawns on them they're being had, they leave and there's an unlimited supply of increasingly dimwitted people to constantly replace them. Really?

If that is the case, the club is truly buggered and it's time we accepted it and got on with the rest of our lives.

HB i gave up on NUFC 10 years ago and it helped me rediscover football ihave a season ticket for my local semi-professional team and while the standard may be lower those playing are doing it for the love of the game, at half time we go out to the bar a quick pint and back for the second half. I have made some really good friends and believe it or not nobody looks at their phone during the match. When Ashley does fuck off i will go back but i wont be getting a season ticket, i cant believe that people have supported Ashley for 10 years and it has soured my feelings towards fellow fans.

HB i gave up on NUFC 10 years ago and it helped me rediscover football ihave a season ticket for my local semi-professional team and while the standard may be lower those playing are doing it for the love of the game, at half time we go out to the bar a quick pint and back for the second half. I have made some really good friends and believe it or not nobody looks at their phone during the match. When Ashley does fuck off i will go back but i wont be getting a season ticket, i cant believe that people have supported Ashley for 10 years and it has soured my feelings towards fellow fans.

EXACTLY! It's not just about Ashley anymore, it's about all the other greedy billionaire owners who are only involved in football because of the amount of money involved. Not many have a genuine love of the game and most treat their clubs as a cash cow.

Players demanding ridiculous wages and agents have always been leeches, stupidly high transfer fees even for bang average players. Its even starting to filter into non league, its been known that some players are asking for £300 per week. Think the average for ebac northern league div 1 is £70pw!

FIFA should be stepping in and putting in a tier system on wages, transfer fees and agent fees. Let them sort out sponsorship deals themselves but have a basic salary so no owner can simply outspend everyone else just to get the best players. You might as well just take the top 20 richest clubs and put them in their own mega rich super league because no one else will get near them.

This thread must be a boost to the Ashley camp,not that they need it mind.
Newcastle supporters who clearly went along with Ashley's last scam (trophy manager) pointing the finger at fellow supporters who choose to attend matches.

Don't any of you see the hypocrisy ?

Bruce68 is spot on with his statement " i cant believe that people have supported Ashley for 10 years and it has soured my feelings towards fellow fans"

If you fell for his three year long Benitez scam why the fuck do you think you are better than those who fell for any of his previous scams.

If you are unsure whether you have morally supported Ashley or not in the last three years find a mirror and ask yourself a simple question.

Has the departure of Benitez and the impeding arrival of a perceived lesser replacement only now finally convinced you that we are doomed under this owner ?

If you have financially supported him don't bother with the mirror.

This thread must be a boost to the Ashley camp,not that they need it mind.
Newcastle supporters who clearly went along with Ashley's last scam (trophy manager) pointing the finger at fellow supporters who choose to attend matches.

Don't any of you see the hypocrisy ?

Bruce68 is spot on with his statement " i cant believe that people have supported Ashley for 10 years and it has soured my feelings towards fellow fans"

If you fell for his three year long Benitez scam why the fuck do you think you are better than those who fell for any of his previous scams.

If you are unsure whether you have morally supported Ashley or not in the last three years find a mirror and ask yourself a simple question.

Has the departure of Benitez and the impeding arrival of a perceived lesser replacement only now finally convinced you that we are doomed under this owner ?

If you have financially supported him don't bother with the mirror.

I don't understand the 'morally supporting' bit? If you thought Benitez was a decent manager who brought back a bit of respectability to the club is that not allowed? If you haven't gone to any home matches in a decade and not given him a penny elsewhere then is that not enough? I don't see how you're morally supporting him by just liking a manager after a succession of embarrassing managers. However if that is morally supporting him do you honestly think Ashley would give a fuck about moral support, financial support is all he cares about and that's what's keeping him here.

Pie,I can see your point but as myself and most on here didnt set foot in the ground when Benitez was there it's hardly hypocrisy on our part is it.Its 12 year for me so manager,players all irrelevant.From a personal point of view I wont be back until Ashley has gone.
Take my word for it,that ground would have been full regardless of Benitez being there or not.You are spot on though with Ashley getting an easy ride because of Rafa but it doesnt matter easy ride or not.The man doesnt care.He does as he wants and will continue to do so.
A Sheff Wed fan today confronted Bruce in the dugout over this carry on.Shows what a spineless,gutless pack of twats our supporters are when our fans do fuck all over Ashley's dismantling of the club they supposedly love and one of their fans confronts a manager who might leave.

Also £117m in TV cash (however its paid, in instalments or whatever)
Plus '£11m in transfer profit from last time
Now add £80m from Perez and soon to be departing Longstaff. Maybe another £12m for Hayden!

Total of £220m trousered by the fat ****

While Im on my soap might as well add another £24m in gate money and £28m in commercial revenue.

Grand total trousered £272m! Or a good 90% of it AT LEAST!

Yip and that's only 1 season. Yet still people think he wants to sell the club for 300m when he get close to that every season.

Can't disagree Owl. We have to have a manager who won't rock the boat. Asking for improvements and funds (well within the clubs means) to try and take us to the next level is not on the agenda. How John Hall has the brass neck to offer his opinions in the local rag after the way he shit on share holders by selling his lot to Ashley beggars belief. Another one who made a fortune out of the club

Hall is nothing but a ****. He had a lot to say about certain players treatment of Bobby back then too and HE was probably the worst culprit. Fuckin hypocrite!