Time to gel | Page 2 | Vital Football

Time to gel

You’ll be fine. It was only 5 months ago that Smith was no better than Bruce, out of his depth, taking you backwards and your season was over.

Mings then strung his longest period of fitness together and you were promoted.

I’m sure you’re not the next Fulham.

You’ll be fine. It was only 5 months ago that Smith was no better than Bruce, out of his depth, taking you backwards and your season was over.

Mings then strung his longest period of fitness together and you were promoted.

I’m sure you’re not the next Fulham.
TBF only Deano & Fulford thought that. The rest of us were fairly relaxed. And yeah, it was totally down to Mings fitness, so thanks for letting us have him on the cheap.

Ah the old g word or as I call it the excuse rolled out when Lambert was here , by people who thought if we kept him long enough he'd become the next Sir Alex .

When Smith took over we started to play his way within a couple of games , we were starting to motor then Jack got clobbered by the Baggies and we had 3 months of dire results.
Deano got his first transfer window , Jack got fit and we have been pretty much unbeatable since . Footballer like to play football Dean lets them do it

Stick the G word where the sun don't shine

I think our coaching team will have put a programme together to get this group playing like well oiled machine from day one. I hope Deano also takes a leaf from Ron Saunders' playbook and makes them the fittest team in the league. Nobody could live with us in those days.

I think our coaching team will have put a programme together to get this group playing like well oiled machine from day one. I hope Deano also takes a leaf from Ron Saunders' playbook and makes them the fittest team in the league. Nobody could live with us in those days.

I hope and think you’re right ironside. We look like a well oiled machine right now and i’m hoping for a top 10 finish this year.

Ron used to give them all a tot of Whisky just before they went out to play as well .

Long time reader first time poster. Hi all!

I think that's the big question. Didn't take Dean long to get the most out of the new boys from Jan, and once they were fully settled we went on a record breaking run. As long as the newbies have got the right character, which I think has been a big part of our transfer policy this window, we could be looking at a good season.

That being said, Dean and JT's coaching is being massively relied upon. We're bound to be the youngest side in the league, which will probably mean things just won't come together some days.
And very good welcome to you!

I do admit listening to Steve Bruce's cliches, excuses and bollocks after games etc used to drive me barmy and I stopped listening to any interviews he gave a long time before he actually left.

On reflection, Lambert's verbal bollocks had the same effect as well.